Paradise embarcation dining room for lunch

Dolly1952

19 hours ago, Garth2 said:

MDR is never open for lunch on embarkation day on any Carnival ship.

Hey Carnival board-watchers: I would happily pay for lunch in the MDR (or some smaller venue) to avoid the Lido deck madness. Just saying!!

There has been talk, at least on Fantasy, of setting up a small families with children buffet in the back MDR on embarkation day. This was to be experimented with during some of the high count cruises during the spring and summer. It does sound like a good idea. It would make embark much easier for lunch.

6 minutes ago, indygirl76 said:

Hey Carnival board-watchers: I would happily pay for lunch in the MDR (or some smaller venue) to avoid the Lido deck madness. Just saying!!

Pretty sure the crew is utilizing that time to prep/clean/re-up from the previous cruise.

4 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Pretty sure the crew is utilizing that time to prep/clean/re-up from the previous cruise.

Probably - maybe something fancier in a much smaller venue? Embarkation lunch is the only* time I visit the Lido deck, so I will happily grasp at any available straw to find another option, haha!

* Aside from occasional mid-afternoon snacktime, but I don't really count that because it's largely deserted.

1 minute ago, indygirl76 said:

Probably - maybe something fancier in a much smaller venue? Embarkation lunch is the only* time I visit the Lido deck, so I will happily grasp at any available straw to find another option, haha!

* Aside from occasional mid-afternoon snacktime, but I don't really count that because it's largely deserted.

Ya I agree, its a madhouse. We have little kids and makes it even crazier, we try to seek out some of the other venues but thats easier to do on the big ships 

27 minutes ago, coevan said:

We always have a big breakfast before we board and maybe eat after 2 when the lines die down

You'd think I'd be smart enough to figure this out, and yet every flipping time... I think my brain stays home when I go on vacation.

1 hour ago, indygirl76 said:

Great place to post that...here comes another pay for venue.

52 minutes ago, indygirl76 said:

You'd think I'd be smart enough to figure this out, and yet every flipping time... I think my brain stays home when I go on vacation.

to many CC posters it's only about the money, we would rather stay in the hotel until check out, go out for a relaxing breakfast and board around 1, and we are Platinum. At 1 pm we literally walk on the ship in 5 minutes, no waiting.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bigcraig said:

Great place to post that...here comes another pay for venue.

Well... yeah. Another pay for venue, that no one is required to pay for, but it's available if anyone is interested. (Obviously, this is all in my head, where there's a Carnival Food&Bev Beard reading this thread and hanging on my every word, lol.)