Vibe Price Increase

shof515

I noticed on various facebook groups is posting this:

These price changes will go into effect for all embarkations beginning on 2/25/19:
Daily access pass - $99 per person (previously $29 pp)

Weekly access pass - $209 per person (previously $129 pp)

Full Sea Day Cabana Rental - $209 for two guests (previously $139)*
* This option includes your daily pass and a $30 food and beverage credit (only to be used in Vibe). Additional guests sharing the cabana must purchase a day pass.

Full Port Day Cabana Rental - $179 for two guests (previously $109)*
* This option includes your daily pass and a $30 food and beverage credit (only to be used in Vibe). Additional guests sharing the cabana must purchase a day pass.

Full Cruise Cabana Rental - $439 for two guests (previously $359)*
* This option includes your daily pass and a $100 food and beverage credit (only to be used in Vibe). Additional guests sharing the cabana must purchase a day pass.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I noticed on various facebook groups is posting this:

Saw it too. I assume they'll keep raising the price until they don't have a line 3 times longer than the number passes they give out. Obviuosly, it's been under priced for a long time. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CruisinHarvey said:

Saw it too. I assume they'll keep raising the price until they don't have a line 3 times longer than the number passes they give out. Obviuosly, it's been under priced for a long time. 

Maybe they will find the sweet spot where passengers aren't pushing and shoving to reach the area where they are sold.  I agree, they have been way under priced for a long time.

I saw on Facebook as well and let my DD know since we originally planned to get a cabana for the week. The food served in Vibe did not really make us go, "wow I can't wait to have that" so the $100 was not an enticement for us. We just thought it would be great to have the spot to relax aside from our balcony. The $80 increase is making us rethink our original plan. 

19 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

I saw on Facebook as well and let my DD know since we originally planned to get a cabana for the week. The food served in Vibe did not really make us go, "wow I can't wait to have that" so the $100 was not an enticement for us. We just thought it would be great to have the spot to relax aside from our balcony. The $80 increase is making us rethink our original plan. 

Had a cabana a few months ago. The $100 credit was applied to our on board account. We never purchased anything from Vibe. It was basically free OBC that, for us, was applied to gratuities.

17 minutes ago, MikeBTN said:

Had a cabana a few months ago. The $100 credit was applied to our on board account. We never purchased anything from Vibe. It was basically free OBC that, for us, was applied to gratuities.

Mike, you just made my day! I thought we would have to spend it in Vibe which was not making us happy. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Despite the price increase, folks are still running to sign up and all spots are selling out quickly. It’s disappointing that with the price increase has come a decline in service. I just came off the Breakaway and the Vibe area didn’t have fruit and snacks like they used to. I didn’t see any day passers and it seemed like it was all weekly users. Although it was sold out, I never saw more than 20 people in the area. I think only one cabana was purchased as the quoted price was over $600 which is absolutely ridiculous. 

Impressed at these responses, I was expecting a bunch of outraged folks exclaiming how unreasonable this is and how they are leaving NCL forever because of their unreasonable business practices!

NCL has an oversubscribed product, smart people.

VIBE is optional.  Like other options, you don’t have to buy it, or buy alcohol, or specialty dinners, or......

FRankly, I’m good with Spice H20.  

People who want VIBE passes will buy them.  They’ll just be more readily available with the price increases.

7 hours ago, graphicguy said:

People who want VIBE passes will buy them.  They’ll just be more readily available with the price increases.

If people are still running to get them and they are selling out, I'd bet there will be another price increase soon.