Regent Seven Seas Explorer superior suites vs concierge

Missmimi

Hello,

We traveled last November on board Regent Voyager,  and now we would like to cruise again on board Explorer. We are looking for a larger balcony and would be interested in a superior Suite F1. In the back of the ship there are four rooms (780 to 783 and 874 to 877) where the balconies seem to be larger and identically to Concierge Suite E. Do you know this suites, is it worth? Any pictures or better advise? We hope Regent will maybe propose special offer for upgrades...

Looking at the deck plans, you seem to be correct that the balconies are the same size as the adjacent E suites.  My guess would be that they're the same as the E cabins minus the Concierge amenities.  We've sailed in an F2 (705) and an E (612) but I honestly didn't spend a lot of time on the balcony.  I know the F2 seemed adequate, not huge, and we had the larger balcony in the Baltic and didn't really hang out there that much (we booked the E for the Concierge amenities).

Some people might shy away from the aft location due to the aft stairwell not going all the way down to Compass Rose - so you end up walking more to dinner.  But the ship isn't really all that big, so the extra few hundred feet to the forward elevator/stairs isn't that big of a deal unless you're mobility-limited.

So bottom line - if you don't need the Concierge level stuff, and the price is right, it looks like those blocks of cabins would be just fine.

55 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Four best superior suites are 816, 817, 911, and 912. All have angled balconies and are the first to be reserved. They are the least expensive superior suites. 

Look at those. 

Sheila

Sheila, I generally try to choose cabins on any ship as close to midship as possible, as I was under the impression that less motion is felt there.  Is that not so much an issue on the Explorer? I noticed that the suites that you mentioned are pretty far forward. 

Thanks, 

Bob

I haven't been in those suites, but I have been in the back of the ship---love the decks and full view of were you have cruised, great sunsets, just seeing the ocean from that deck is super nice.  We've been in some rough seas, not bad at all.

48 minutes ago, boblerm said:

Sheila, I generally try to choose cabins on any ship as close to midship as possible, as I was under the impression that less motion is felt there.  Is that not so much an issue on the Explorer? I noticed that the suites that you mentioned are pretty far forward. 

Thanks, 

Bob

Hi Bob

We were in the Explorer Suite 918 last year on a Transatlantic cruise. Never had a problem. We have 816 booked for a Caribbean cruise in December. Friends have been in this and they loved it. 

We have been quite forward in a Penthouse suite on the Navigator this past August,  Copenhagen to Amsterdam, including Norway and northern Russia. 20 days. No problem. 

Sheila

13 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Four best superior suites are 816, 817, 911, and 912. All have angled balconies and are the first to be reserved. They are the least expensive superior suites. 

Look at those. 

Sheila

Sheila - those are the best F2 cabins - but the price jump to an F1 isn't that much and the ones previously mentioned have a larger balcony than the four you mentioned.  Having said that, though, we booked 911 for next January, so yeah - those 4 are usually the first to go.   :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, tnr said:

We have 846 (F1) booked for an upcoming cruise.  It looks like it has the same angled balcony.  Hoping so.

tnr - yes, it looks like 846 and 847 also have angled balconies.  I think the deal with 780-783 and 874-877 is that they have the larger balcony than what you'd get with the angled balconies...but some people prefer being more mid-ship than being that far aft which is why I think Regent put them in the same category even though the others have larger balconies.  I guess it's a matter of giving the people what they want!

From what I can tell, here are all of the angled balcony suites on Explorer:

• 714, 617, Cat E, angled facing aft
  • 644, 647, Cat E, angled facing forward
  • 718, 719, Cat E, angled facing forward
  • 730, 731, Cat D, angled facing aft
  • 750, 751, Cat D, angled facing forward*
  • 816, 817, Cat F2, angled facing forward
  • 828, 829, Cat D, angled facing aft
  • 846, 847, Cat F1, angled facing forward
  • 911, 912, Cat F2, angled facing forward
  • 928, 939, Cat D, angled facing forward*

* On these 4 Cat D suites, it's more of a corner being 'chopped off' rather than a full angled balcony.  Also, it appears that 748, 749, 936, and 937 (all F1) have a little 'alcove' but they're not fully angled.

And on the subject of balconies, the 6 Explorer Suites on Deck 9 appear to have different balcony widths - 918 and 919 look to be full depth, 920 and 921 are angled facing aft, and 922 and 923 have the shallower balcony.  There's a similar situation on Deck 10 - 1004/1005 deep, 1008/1009 angled aft, 1010/1011 shallower.

Whew.  Lots of options...

816, 817, 911 and 912 are definitely the best F2 suites.  We’ve been in 912 and are now in 817.  There have not been any noise or motion problems.  One thing to keep in mind before booking one of these suites is that, when the Explorer is moving, their balconies are a little windier than other balconies on the side of the ship because the angled part of the balconies is unprotected from the wind by the shallower balconies in front of them.  If you can put up with a little wind, I highly recommend one of these suites.

Dave

10 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

816, 817, 911 and 912 are definitely the best F2 suites.  We’ve been in 912 and are now in 817.  There have not been any noise or motion problems.  One thing to keep in mind before booking one of these suites is that, when the Explorer is moving, their balconies are a little windier than other balconies on the side of the ship because the angled part of the balconies is unprotected from the wind by the shallower balconies in front of them.  If you can put up with a little wind, I highly recommend one of these suites.

Dave

I drive convertibles and ride motorcycles.  Wind is my friend.   :classic_biggrin:

14 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Look at those. 

Sheila

Agree! Ive been twice on 912, now will be in 816. I didnt have any motion issue. 

Hello Missmimi

We have traveled on Explorer Cabin #877 on a 10 Caribbean cruise.  It's a beautiful room and has a large, private balcony

at rear of ship.    Everything was great and wonderful until the ship started moving.    It felt like the ceiling and walls where going

to fall on top of us.    The creaking was crazy, when ship is in rougher water, runs at higher speeds....... especially

at night.    We woke up the first morning and noticed the room had wood wedges, placed in different areas, throughout the cabin. They were placed there to help stop the ceiling and wall panels from rubbing together.     We called engineering to come and place more wedges throughout the room.    Obviously, previous guests had complained about the cricking ceiling and wall panels.    My advice choose a cabin more mid ship, away from the propeller area.