Debark in Miami Uber?

aaalynn1

We have, much cheaper the then Carnival shuttle if there is more than one traveling!  We had a little difficult figuring out where we were to meet the Urber driver but quickly figured it out.  You should be fine.  

22 hours ago, R Prim said:

We have, much cheaper the then Carnival shuttle if there is more than one traveling!  We had a little difficult figuring out where we were to meet the Urber driver but quickly figured it out.  You should be fine.  

Where was it? Was it close to where you get off the ship or did you have to walk a ways to the pickup spot? Also were there signs?

3 hours ago, BBigfoot613 said:

Where was it? Was it close to where you get off the ship or did you have to walk a ways to the pickup spot? Also were there signs?

Yes it was very close. Actually right as you get off the ship and go through customs.  It's just across the street.  As long as you can understand your Uber driver they can tell you right where they are parked.  Uber also gives you a description of the vehicle.  We are sailing in a couple of weeks and are using Uber to get us from the Port of Miami to FLL.

R Prim,

Can you post a  message when you return as to what the Uber cost is from the port in Miami to FLL and what size vehicle you had?  We'll need to do the same thing and I'd like to hear how long it took you to get from the port to FLL, the cost, and if you think we could make a flight at 11 a.m.  Thanks.

For UberX, good for 2-3 passengers and bags, the fare should be $35+ and the ride will take 30-45+ minutes depending upon traffic and day of the week.

49 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

R Prim,

Can you post a  message when you return as to what the Uber cost is from the port in Miami to FLL and what size vehicle you had?  We'll need to do the same thing and I'd like to hear how long it took you to get from the port to FLL, the cost, and if you think we could make a flight at 11 a.m.  Thanks.

We used Lyft on Feb 28th from Miami to FLL airport. Cost $36.00 + tip. Arrived at the airport within 30 min. Driver had a Toyota Corolla. His trunk fit 2 lg 2 sm suitcases plus 2 smaller bags. Driver arrived 3 mins. after my request for pickup.

Edited by bettyboop16

3 hours ago, bettyboop16 said:

We used Lyft on Feb 28th from Miami to FLL airport. Cost $36.00 + tip. Arrived at the airport within 30 min. Driver had a Toyota Corolla. His trunk fit 2 lg 2 sm suitcases plus 2 smaller bags. Driver arrived 3 mins. after my request for pickup.

We we did this last week and probably had same driver. $35 plus tip for 2 and 3 suitcases. Has to put one in front seat but he was fine. Nice guy. A little hard to find them in taxi line but a phone call to flag them down is all it takes. Easy

3 hours ago, bettyboop16 said:

19 hours ago, Sun Lover said:

R Prim,

we took a regular Uber (Toyota Corolla) with 4 people - I do not recommend. The car has overlapping belts and cannot safely accommodate 3 in the back seat, but this particular driver was using car seat covers which made using a seat belt in the middle seat impossible anyway. My mom was not buckled the entire trip. I do not recommend! Pick a different car (not Toyota Rav4, 4Runner, Highlander, Kia Sorento or Hyundai Santa Fe) if you have 3 people in the back seat. But I digress.

It cost $45. We didn't tip him because of the seat belt issue. We made it to the airport at about 11 and were at the gate at 12 (Just missing the 12 pm flight), but our flight was at 5 pm, so no worries.

Fll to POM is so much easier, because it's less crowded - we walk to the ground transportation/taxi/uber stand where Uber/Lyft drivers are lined up separately from the taxis. It is so less hectic than at POM. I pick a car that would accommodate all 4-5 of us and we ask how much, completely foregoing the app order. In November it was $50, in December it was $40. :)

We don't book 11 am flights even if we sail out of Port Everglades, so we definitely don't pick 11 am flights if we sail out of POM and fly out of FLL.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 3/7/2019 at 1:44 PM, rain777 said:

$32/pp would be expensive for my family of six!  It would be cheaper to hire a private limo/SUV, which is what we are doing after our RCI cruise next week.

I would like to know how this worked out for you and which company? We also have a party of 6 and are looking at options. Thanks!

18 hours ago, supernanny said:

I would like to know how this worked out for you and which company? We also have a party of 6 and are looking at options. Thanks!

You could split into 2 Uber X cars for about $35+ per vehicle.  Or use a shared shuttle for about $15 per person.  Check with Larry's Limos to see how much to ride together in style. 

On 3/14/2019 at 10:36 PM, supernanny said:

I would look at shared shuttle service at 15.00 per person. We used Jiffy Jeff in May and the communication with them was fantastic.

Last month, we (family of 4 who tend to have to much luggage) sailed from Miami but flew into/out of FLL. Took an UberXL both ways. From the hotel near FLL to port of Miami it was $67 but after debarkation going back to FLL was $122. Guess there was some kind of surge pricing in effect with all the ships returning that morning. 

21 hours ago, mcd2745 said:

.............Guess there was some kind of surge pricing in effect with all the ships returning that morning. 

We would agree on the Surge pricing debarking POM.  Lyft to the port was $8, but returning after the cruise Uber was $15.

11 minutes ago, neptuno said:

We would agree on the Surge pricing debarking POM.  Lyft to the port was $8, but returning after the cruise Uber was $15.

You should have received a warning about surge prices and an estimate for the fare before you confirmed the booking.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:10 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Fll to POM is so much easier, because it's less crowded - we walk to the ground transportation/taxi/uber stand where Uber/Lyft drivers are lined up separately from the taxis. It is so less hectic than at POM. I pick a car that would accommodate all 4-5 of us and we ask how much, completely foregoing the app order. In November it was $50, in December it was $40. 🙂

As an uber driver let me fill you in on something about this. First it's against policy and that driver can be permanently deactivate if they find out. there are drivers that will report the driver's license # in a heartbeat. That's on them though (I don't report nor would I take a cash trip). the most important reason to NEVER do this... Liability. His car personally is insured most likely at state minimum. While in the app you are insured to a MILLION dollars. God forbid something happened but if it was a bad accident how quickly do you think 3-4-5 people could swallow up a state min. amount vs a million?