Flow Rider with glasses

I could barely see with my glasses and literally blind with my right eye.  I love the flowrider and do it without my glasses.  I listen to people yelling "you're too close to the side!" I crash and just try again...it's fun.

IMHO, you can't wear glasses even with bands or croakies...the water is too strong...you will lose them.

Now I'm sure there are experts out there who can safely get in and out without taking a spill.  Note: They do warn you not to wear jewelries...glasses may not be permitted. Have fun, be safe, and happy sailing. :classic_smile:

I could ride without falling, but I fall more than not.  I have gotten on the wave with my sunglasses on.  Usually causes a mess.  Just go blind.  The crew goes nuts when you get on the wave with things like that.  Although I do remember back in the day when they would let me wear my floppy hat.  I liked that.  Miss that.  

Jc

Well those only help with keeping water out of your eyes and not seeing, not sure that they would help the OP.  The physics of the flowrider means they would often end up washed off the face of the rider, and then be a recovery problem at the top of the wave. Shutting off the wave is never a popular thing, and they would undoubtedly cause more of those.  

Jc

We were just on the Symphony and they definitely don't let you wear googles, it was rough for our light sensitive grandson but he persevered and said it was worth it as he had an absolute blast, he's 9.  No exceptions for any eye wear but hope you're able to give it a go. 

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Well those only help with keeping water out of your eyes and not seeing, not sure that they would help the OP.  The physics of the flowrider means they would often end up washed off the face of the rider, and then be a recovery problem at the top of the wave. Shutting off the wave is never a popular thing, and they would undoubtedly cause more of those.  

Jc

Actually, you can buy the goggles with a prescription in them 🙂. Not that I think wearing them on the flowrider would be a good idea though... 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Do they allow the little goggles with the band around your head... or is that out too?

Flowrider rules.

"Guests participating in the FlowRider, for example, must be at least 52"/132 cm tall to use the bodyboard and 58"/147 cm tall to use the flowboard. Absolutely no footwear allowed, no goggles and no go-pro cams are allowed."

Since goggles are not allowed is an easy bet that glasses are not allowed as well.

This really stinks as I am clinically blind, but it's good to know before going.

14 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

I could barely see with my glasses and literally blind with my right eye.  I love the flowrider and do it without my glasses.  I listen to people yelling "you're too close to the side!" I crash and just try again...it's fun.

Have fun, be safe, and happy sailing. :classic_smile:

I'm not going to let it stop me from trying the Flow Rider.  

I am excited that the new water slides on Navigator of the Seas will let you wear your glasses with a band. 

Thanks for all the responses.

5 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Actually, you can buy the goggles with a prescription in them 🙂. Not that I think wearing them on the flowrider would be a good idea though... 😉

And if you are on a ship with the waterslides they won't let you wear even prescription goggles.  It's NO-NO!

13 hours ago, SciFiGuy1960 said:

Flowrider rules.

"Guests participating in the FlowRider, for example, must be at least 52"/132 cm tall to use the bodyboard and 58"/147 cm tall to use the flowboard. Absolutely no footwear allowed, no goggles and no go-pro cams are allowed."

Since goggles are not allowed is an easy bet that glasses are not allowed as well.

Good to know. Thanks.

23 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

And if you are on a ship with the waterslides they won't let you wear even prescription goggles.  It's NO-NO!

Someone posted pictures of the rules for water slides and they said you could wear glasses with band.  :classic_cool:  Makes me very happy.  :classic_biggrin: