Best bet for a quiet cabin on Harmony?

chadcf

Our last cruise we ended up with a terrible cabin, it had a connecting door to a room where some parents stuck their 16-18 year old kids while the parents stayed in their room, and the kids got drunk and loud every night in their cabin. I called security every night who came and yelled at them yet never once went to get the parents who were breaking the rules by having minors in a room without an adult nearby (and kids who were drinking underage).

It was an exhausting cruise to say the least. 

That room was a central park view on deck 9 and I want no repeat...

Obviously this time around I'm making sure we don't get a connecting room. I'm looking at an ocean view balcony this time and the other thing I remember is a lot of hallway traffic noise. I'm thinking about going full aft and getting a cabin at the very back of the boat. My thought is then no one will be walking by our room in the middle of the night and if we get the end of the boat we'll only have neighbors on one side. Is this a good strategy or is there a downside to being fully aft?

I'm also thinking about going for deck 6 this time. My thinking here is that we're close to boardwalk and the promenade where my kids spent a good bit of time last cruise (close to food, drink machines and entertainment). The other option would be to go higher to be more in the middle of the stuff around the promenade and the pool deck but being on deck 9 last time was a lot of stairs or waiting on elevators and I feel like it's better to go all the way up or all the way down so at least you're close to something...

17 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

I would think it would be quieter at the front of the ship vs the aft.  and I would try and make sure there are rooms above and below you 

I would agree with the front of the ship since the kid's pool and sports activities are located at the back of the ship.  

When I sailed on the HOTS, we had OV balcony deck 8 forward, not too far up the hall from the elevators and it was quiet, with very little foot traffic.  Going totally aft is where the Aqua theatre is and the rooms that are first, after that are the Crown suites?  Aqua suites?  Not sure exact names, but 2 story suites...then you have Boardwalk balconies right behind them.  You may hear some noise from the shows and screams from some going down the Abyss slide and the Merry Go Round.  That is why I believe your best bet is forward on this ship......

The balcony cabins on Deck 8 mid ship that are in the hallway that backs onto Central Park are super quiet as long as you get one that's not connecting. Because many people use Central Park to walk through and there are no interior cabins across the hall there is not a lot of foot traffic. 

11 hours ago, chadcf said:

Our last cruise we ended up with a terrible cabin, it had a connecting door to a room where some parents stuck their 16-18 year old kids while the parents stayed in their room, and the kids got drunk and loud every night in their cabin. I called security every night who came and yelled at them yet never once went to get the parents who were breaking the rules by having minors in a room without an adult nearby (and kids who were drinking underage).

Obviously this time around I'm making sure we don't get a connecting room. I'm looking at an ocean view balcony this time and the other thing I remember is a lot of hallway traffic noise. I'm thinking about going full aft and getting a cabin at the very back of the boat. My thought is then no one will be walking by our room in the middle of the night and if we get the end of the boat we'll only have neighbors on one side. Is this a good strategy or is there a downside to being fully aft?

I'm also thinking about going for deck 6 this time. My thinking here is that we're close to boardwalk and the promenade where my kids spent a good bit of time last cruise (close to food, drink machines and entertainment). The other option would be to go higher to be more in the middle of the stuff around the promenade and the pool deck but being on deck 9 last time was a lot of stairs or waiting on elevators and I feel like it's better to go all the way up or all the way down so at least you're close to something...

I can fully understand you want no repeat of that experience.  For starters, not getting a 'connecting room' is smart.....whenever it is not a solid wall, the possibility of more noise from neighbors increases.  We have had noisy neighbors even without a connecting door situation.  Just saying.

On two different sailings we had cabins very close to the aft of the ship.  On Harmony we had the next to last balcony over Boardwalk, where we could sit on our balcony and watch the Aqua Theater show and see the ocean.   The only reason to walk past our cabin would have been to get to the aft facing cabins. It was very nice.

The other time we sailed on Mariner and actually had an aft balcony on the end.....so there was absolutely NO REASON for someone to walk to our cabin, except housekeeping or US. 

Keep in mind the downside of being at the Aft of the ship....long walk to everything....but to us....it was JUST FINE!

It was terrible that security did not do a better job of solving the problem by engaging with the parents.  

I loved both of them.....and found them to be wonderfully quiet.

• 2 months later...

We had aft on another ship and in the early AM on every port we heard lots of commotion and even yelling as they docked the ship. It never woke me up but my wife was pissed a couple times. We also heard engine noise in the back but it was not very loud or often (only when taking off from ports that I recall)

I would think the quietest rooms on harmony would be in the front near the spa. That being said I'm booked in the back sort of behind starbucks with a balcony view. My only noise concern from reading reviews is the aqua theater being fairly close to us. 

If you google the room # and "harmony of the seas" I've been able to get very specific feed back on many rooms, lots of them link right here on CC.  

On 3/14/2019 at 12:33 AM, chadcf said:

Late post but here goes. Our go to cabin is first hump or a little more forward on deck 12.  Deck 12 has about 100 fewer cabins from the front elevators going forward.