Flying to US from Sydney after debarkation

I posted this on the general Royal Caribbean board and it was suggested I try this board. 

We had planned on flying back to the US after disembarkation from the Radiance next March.  I notice that the flights are all before noon. The United flt leaves at 11:50 am.  It looks like it could take almost an hour to get there from the port.  Starting to think isn't doable.   We could stay over 1 night and take a flt the next day if we have to.  Any thoughts?  Anyone make the connection? 

ThNks.

I personally would not attempt to fly out on the morning of disembarkation. Firstly, there is no guarantee that the ship will arrive on time.  Secondly, you are on holiday, relax. No need to worry if you will make your flight. Stay a night before flying out the next say.

njkkruzer, I would stay another night and fly home the next day. It is doable but there what if the Radiance is delayed arriving back in Sydney? If you take a taxi to the airport, you could be delayed by traffic etc. We always plan our domestic flight at the earliest 1pm after a cruise arriving in Sydney. 

Leigh

Wouldn’t dream of it, let’s do the sums

12:00 flight

required at airport 3 hours before (that seems normal for international flights)

so 9:00 am

allow an hour for travel 

8:00 am

an hour to disembark and customs

7:00 am

see you are really cutting it fine, and one small slip up and what then.

Personally I’d say spend the night and go the next morning.

55 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I personally would not attempt to fly out on the morning of disembarkation. Firstly, there is no guarantee that the ship will arrive on time.  Secondly, you are on holiday, relax. No need to worry if you will make your flight. Stay a night before flying out the next say.

Yep, who needs that sort of stress to end you trip.

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Certainly support that.  Why rush and stress?

I know so many that make arrangements that get them to their cruise all frazzled and they wonder why some things that would normally not be a bother annoy them in the first few days of the cruise. These same people make the same mistake going home and arrive back from holiday feeling like they need another one. It is simpler to just allow time to make it a stress free holiday as possible.

21 hours ago, possum52 said:

njkkruzer, I would stay another night and fly home the next day. It is doable but there what if the Radiance is delayed arriving back in Sydney? If you take a taxi to the airport, you could be delayed by traffic etc. We always plan our domestic flight at the earliest 1pm after a cruise arriving in Sydney. 

Leigh

On 3/12/2019 at 3:33 PM, Tayllop said:

Gut the message.  Will fly home the next day. And with time difference it makes no difference!

Yes, we are in the same situation as you, NJKruzer, Radiance, next March.  We are spending several days in Sydney prior to the cruise and were hoping to head out around 2 pm back to North America.  Slim pickings available if we make predictions on what the March flights are going to be to North America, based on the Feb flights that are currently in the system.  So to avoid spending March 27, 2020 in Sydney, we are going to lean towards finding an afternoon flight to Toyko, or Seoul and spending a couple of nights in one of those two cities and then head to North America from there.