Ft. Lauderdale Hotel with Early Check-in?

CrusinSally

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

It's based on availability ... no guarantees.

And we've found that it helps having priority status with the hotel chain. 

OP - Be aware that a Saturday or Sunday arrival - especially during high season - will mean that early check-in before noon will be problematic in hotels that are popular with cruisers since embarking passengers aren't going to the port until close to checkout time.

9 hours ago, CrusinSally said:

Does anyone know of any Fort Lauderdale hotels that will let us check-in early?  Our flight gets in at 6am and our cruise leaves the next day so we just need the one night.  Appreciate any help - Thank you!

It may depend on what you want to do after checking in, i.e. accessing and using your room long before check-in time at a busy hotel could be problematic as others have said. OTOH, I don't remember us EVER having been refused by any hotel when we showed up before official check-in time  and asked them to store our bags for a few hours until check-in time so we could run errands in the local area.

There are lots of good hotel options near PE, just check with them before booking and ask them if if they'll store your bags for a few hours pre check-in. If they say no, try their competitors.  ...and have a great cruise  ;o)

Any hotel will allow you to check in early, IF they have available rooms in the category you have booked. So, as mentioned, its about supply. But, extremely few are going to hold a room open from the previous night in order to allow you to check in at, say, 9am. Maids just start to work around 8:30 or 9am, so an early check out is not likely to help you too soon.

Ft Lauderdale is very busy during cruise season, so early check in is a rare commodity. Many people also forget people are getting off the ships, some are staying in the area (for a number of reasons)and want to check in in the same early window.

Almost all hotels will hold bags for people booked to stay at the hotel. That is the far better plan...one we have done several times in Ft Lauderdale.

If you can stick to one hotel chain, get their credit card if it offers a perk like early checkin. You usually get a free reward night to offset the annual fee even if you dont use the card for any other purpose. While it's not guanrareed, IHG is typically really good about getting you into a room very early if you have status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for your input.  I think we will request early check-in and for sure find a hotel that will store our luggage until a room is ready.  Who knows, maybe I will have a lovely nap by the pool ☺️.

What a lot of people do at hotels I have worked for: book the night before.  Then, they CALL us to let us know that they will not be there that night, but early the next day.  The room is kept overnight for them.  AND, they pay for it.   Just like people who have a late flight (after 5pm) and want a late checkout - they pay for the entire day and can stay as long as they want.

A hotel that is busy doesn't have much wiggle room for early checkins/late checkouts.  And, hotels do not clean every room when it is checked out - called "dropping".  We'll make sure rooms for all arrivals are cleaned and some extras.  If there is time and staff, more may be cleaned.  It's totally up to luck and work load if a room in your desired room type is available early.