Boardwalk Balcony Question - Harmony

Hi! Does the slide on the Harmony block the view for the aqua shows if you stay in the last few cabins in a Boardwalk Balcony? How late do the movies and shows go on at night?  Is it too loud in these rooms? Is it worth a little extra to get one of these cabins? 

5 minutes ago, thisislou said:

Yes the "tubes" of the slides block most of the stage and yes some nights it gets Very loud.. just got off Sunday with a Boardwalk room

Thank you! Hope you had a great time on your cruise! 

3 hours ago, thisislou said:

Yes the "tubes" of the slides block most of the stage and yes some nights it gets Very loud.. just got off Sunday with a Boardwalk room

We agree..and last time on HOTS had the last four aft cabins on deck #9 starboard side. Glad we got such a good deal on these cabins and had the chance to experience this location...but we won't book them again.

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

We agree..and last time on HOTS had the last four aft cabins on deck #9 starboard side. Glad we got such a good deal on these cabins and had the chance to experience this location...but we won't book them again.

Thanks! We are going with a Central Park balcony instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gcbranscome said:

Thanks! We are going with a Central Park balcony instead.

We've heard the CP Balcony can get a bit stuffy (no air flow) but with your balcony door closed that shouldn't be a real problem.

Of course RCI gives the "Eat, Drink, Play" with these Boardwalk & Central Park locations....and apparent the reason why they do.

This was our view on Harmony in 11729 - the very last Boardwalk cabin. Pretty darn good if you ask me! Yes the slide and structure were in the way - especially in the daytime, but we had no trouble at all seeing the show! 

54523128_10215201196517918_7947059428958

• Thanks 1

Deck 11 (5th from the back). It was SO loud pretty much every night until 1am. They showed movies until then or the fine line. However I think our balcony door had issues sealing - maintenance came a couple times to fix it. We could hear wind whistling until their 2nd visit. But even after the fix we could hear all the shows like the speakers were in our room. Our Central Park balcony on the Allure last year was super quiet. Good choice to go that route. 

40A32482-B4CF-4812-92BE-EAB6D95F9529.jpeg

3 hours ago, ShipsandDipper said:

Just FYI our CP balcony on Harmony was much louder than our CP balcony on Oasis. After Oasis I had no issues booking a CP balcony but after Harmony I would be hesitant to do so. 

Do they things going on to late at night? We don’t go to bed before 11. 

3 hours ago, sjalex20 said:

Deck 11 (5th from the back). It was SO loud pretty much every night until 1am. They showed movies until then or the fine line. However I think our balcony door had issues sealing - maintenance came a couple times to fix it. We could hear wind whistling until their 2nd visit. But even after the fix we could hear all the shows like the speakers were in our room. Our Central Park balcony on the Allure last year was super quiet. Good choice to go that route. 

40A32482-B4CF-4812-92BE-EAB6D95F9529.jpeg

Thanks! That’s not a great view and I want to sleep! Lol!

4 hours ago, cello56 said:

This was our view on Harmony in 11729 - the very last Boardwalk cabin. Pretty darn good if you ask me! Yes the slide and structure were in the way - especially in the daytime, but we had no trouble at all seeing the show! 

54523128_10215201196517918_7947059428958

Wow! That is a great view! 

48 minutes ago, gcbranscome said:

Wow! That is a great view! 

This is only if you stand right up at the rail, and press yourself to the farthest rear of the balcony so that the slide is no longer in view. The author of this photo should also post a photo being seated on the balcony, as well as a photo at the farthest back of the balcony (only abut 6 feet back) and then you'll see what it looks like.

DSC00717.thumb.JPG.ed9f9b89073e38b46f10e657778af0d4.JPG

Edited by Hoopster95

1 minute ago, Hoopster95 said:

This is only if you stand right up at the rail, and press yourself to the farthest rear of the balcony so that the slide is no longer in view, and hold your camera out extended so that the slide is not in view in the camera lens. The author of this photo should also post a photo being seated on the balcony, as well as a photo at the farthest back of the balcony (only abut 6 feet back) and then you'll see what it looks like.

DSC00719.JPG

I was actually wondering if they were sitting when that picture was taken. Thanks for letting me know!

25 minutes ago, ShipsandDipper said:

Not as late as 11. And the evening Central Park music tended to be more mellow. The worst was the afternoons when the pool band played.

Oh I’m ok with it being loud during the day. Thank you for your help!

I loved our Boardwalk Balcony on Symphony.  Its fun to step out and see what's going on.  We were further back (about half way) so wouldn't have watched Aqua show from there if seeing it just one time but we did watch a bit as a preview or later on.  I also like the fact that you can see some of the ocean in the distance .