Seaside 3/23/19

dexddd

On 4/1/2019 at 12:26 PM, graphicguy said:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

On behalf of Delta airlines, I apologize 😀

P.S: I've had my crew bag lost once if it makes you feel any better. Not my roller bag, but my other usual carry on. Flight was tight on space, so I volunteered space in the closet since it was a short haul and generally can go get my own from below. Poof..... got left in ATL. At least I had clean underwear.

Oh, and don't use the luggage tracker on the app. It stresses me out.

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2019 at 5:56 PM, APDMOM said:

I tried a Gooogle search, but came up empty.  As a newbie sailing Seaside in June, what are the brown huts? 🙂

Sorry off topic a bit, but what date in June do you sail?
We are sailing on June 22 and like Dexdd, it would be an honor to meet you in person after reading your fabulous reviews! I will be thrilled to be cruising with two cruise critic review stars!😍

Edited by Arzeena

1 hour ago, AUPilot14 said:

P.S: I've had my crew bag lost once if it makes you feel any better. Not my roller bag, but my other usual carry on. Flight was tight on space, so I volunteered space in the closet since it was a short haul and generally can go get my own from below. Poof..... got left in ATL. At least I had clean underwear.

Just keep the plane steady and don't freak me out......LOL!😁

5 hours ago, DMH15 said:

Thanks, @ dexddd for some great information.  My cruise is next month FINALLY!

Yeah!  We had some great times and only 11 more weeks to go again.

Hope all goes well for you.  Some great staff there.  Vishnu was a master at everything, Roy, Olena, Kulna the waiter, and of course the YC Director Robert.

I was trying to find some gelato photos for you from the other thread but have to see if we actually took any photos.

5 hours ago, AUPilot14 said:

Well, Delta didn't lose our bag this time around but they did briefly lose our kids bags before one cruise for a few hours and some of the toiletries froze.  We used to cross-pack but didn't that trip and it would have been interesting without their stuff.

The pictures of the "Tug" is an inside joke.  Graphicguy recently did a review and on the ships outside you see "Tug" or "No Tug" and he joked about asking ladies on the dock for a Tug with no one accepting his request.

We have family and friends who fly.  We have one who works for Delta and whenever we fly through his base we text him to see if he is working.  This trip DW texted him and he was there!  So we went to the opposite side of the terminal from our flight and he came out and chatted a bit which was really nice.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Yeah!  We had some great times and only 11 more weeks to go again.

Hope all goes well for you.  Some great staff there.  Vishnu was a master at everything, Roy, Olena, Kulna the waiter, and of course the YC Director Robert.

I was trying to find some gelato photos for you from the other thread but have to see if we actually took any photos.

Thanks, again.  I have made a note of the names you mentioned and will look forward to meeting them.

Here you go Donna.  First picture YC lounge - kids liked the chocolate pops on left.  They had them a couple times.  Gelato is located starboard by Jungle Pool bar, Southbeach bar, and one other place escaping me now.

B0A97DA9-D624-45F1-A278-1F0178A9DCA7.jpeg

5F0ED3B2-E897-4F21-A85C-7B4D297E3038.jpeg

00447031-0CFE-4E49-A17C-6E1A201F113D.jpeg

Edited by dexddd

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sorry off topic a bit, but what date in June do you sail?
We are sailing on June 22 and like Dexdd, it would be an honor to meet you in person after reading your fabulous reviews! I will be thrilled to be cruising with two cruise critic review stars!😍

Hi, Arzeena!  We will be on the first two weeks of June. 😔Sorry we will miss you! But now you can virtually cruise with us for those two weeks while you wait for your turn.  Hopefully the wifi works well! 😁  Look out for “My View” to start around June 1st...

42 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Hi, Arzeena!  We will be on the first two weeks of June. 😔Sorry we will miss you! But now you can virtually cruise with us for those two weeks while you wait for your turn.  Hopefully the wifi works well! 😁  Look out for “My View” to start around June 1st...

Looking forward to virtually cruising! It will be like a B2B2B!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Here you go Donna.  First picture YC lounge - kids liked the chocolate pops on left.  They had them a couple times.  Gelato is located starboard by Jungle Pool bar, Southbeach bar, and one other place escaping me now.

Now let me clean the drool off my phone.  LOL.  

THANK YOU!   I cannot wait.  

10 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Just keep the plane steady and don't freak me out......LOL!😁

Off-topic again, hello Az ... I trust all is well, enjoy your upcoming MSC run.  We haven't book anything last minute this Spring yet - cancelled plans flying out to West Coast next month, definitely doing a land-based food trip north of the border in early June with the favorable currency exchange rates.  Susan's ex-coworkers sailing T/A on the GA shortly & one of BIL/SIL also doing the milky NCL route again with Spring breakers, yike !!  Regards - Henry

5 hours ago, dexddd said:

How about lamb chops or lounge snacks if I cannot find gelato?

No tricks with the lamb chops like using a smaller plate for optics of being a good-sized portion.  It's raining in NY and settling for pasta & pizza, those desserts, arrrrh !!  Not showing them to Mrs. M or else, I will be in deep trouble.  

BTW, is there an alumni gathering for NCL on MSC these days ... ha ha, if not - may I suggest that Az and you & others, consider starting one 

Edited by mking8288

12 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Off-topic again, hello Az ... I trust all is well, enjoy your upcoming MSC run.  We haven't book anything last minute this Spring yet - cancelled plans flying out to West Coast next month, definitely doing a land-based food trip north of the border in early June with the favorable currency exchange rates.  Susan's ex-coworkers sailing T/A on the GA shortly & one of BIL/SIL also doing the milky NCL route again with Spring breakers, yike !!  Regards - Henry

Hola King Henry!

We booked Bliss for Jan 5 next year. Hope to see you there?

A  hug for Susan. Read about SIL on one of your posts.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mking8288 said:

No tricks with the lamb chops like using a smaller plate for optics of being a good-sized portion.  It's raining in NY and settling for pasta & pizza, those desserts, arrrrh !!  Not showing them to Mrs. M or else, I will be in deep trouble.  

BTW, is there an alumni gathering for NCL on MSC these days ... ha ha, if not - may I suggest that Az and you & others, consider starting one 

That is a great idea.  We could do it at the CC m&g party after it ends.  We could take a picture of the cake and one with the captain and send to FDR.

I had lamb chops by the pool and they were fatty.  I don't normally eat them so have no reference but give me a chicken parm and I can easily grade.  DD had them for dinner which was a waiter recommendation that night.  She said they were very good and yes, large.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, DMH15 said:

Now let me clean the drool off my phone.  LOL.  

THANK YOU!   I cannot wait.  

Donna, not sure if I mentioned, but one thing that caught us up a couple times was going aft from YC.  16 aft of YC is specialties so no public way aft.  We were leaving lounge sometimes wanting to go aft and you have to go up or down to get aft.

Dexdd,

I was wondering how long it takes for us to get out at ports of call. I read about the poor crowd control, and if that is coming from Yacht Club residents (priority?), us plebes in balconies should figure out 2 hrs or so after the ship clears ?😟

16 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Henry.....good idea.  I wonder if NCL would offer a special price for MSC cruisers, or at least a M&G for us MSC cruisers to get our insight. 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Donna, not sure if I mentioned, but one thing that caught us up a couple times was going aft from YC.  16 aft of YC is specialties so no public way aft.  We were leaving lounge sometimes wanting to go aft and you have to go up or down to get aft.

Thank you.  Good to know.   A couple of times I have repeated ships, (NCL Jewel and Sun), and it was so easy knowing all the secrets.  This is a whole new experience.  I am thrilled gym and spa are so close.   Last cruise on Epic the walk from the Haven to the spa was a hike.  After a few days I figured out there were massage rooms in the Haven fitness area so I booked a couple of massages there.  

The Seaside aft looks really pretty.  

On 4/5/2019 at 3:33 PM, dexddd said:

I don't suppose you remembered what that notice in front of the gelato said do you?

There is a thread at the moment that is saying no drinks packages old or new include anything from Venchi. With the old packages Classic covered gelato and im wondering if that notice is something to do with that and they are possibly now trying to exclude it. 😫

Hello all you NCLers! We are also jumping over to MSC in October. We're going on the Seaside for a B2B. No YC for us. We have the Bella experience. 

We just cruised on the Getaway (loved it), followed by the refurbished Sky. It's beautiful! I doubt we'll be taking spring break cruises again, though. 😵

8 hours ago, Mattnvick said:

I don't suppose you remembered what that notice in front of the gelato said do you?

There is a thread at the moment that is saying no drinks packages old or new include anything from Venchi. With the old packages Classic covered gelato and im wondering if that notice is something to do with that and they are possibly now trying to exclude it. 😫

The sign says that there is a 7% tax charge for all purchases via drinks package while in the Port of Miami (the same sign was at all bars on the first day).  At least in March gelato was still included in the drinks packages.

5 hours ago, 8420PR said:

The sign says that there is a 7% tax charge for all purchases via drinks package while in the Port of Miami (the same sign was at all bars on the first day).  At least in March gelato was still included in the drinks packages.

Thank you for that. It wasnt clear enough on my phone.

So a question: i cruised NCL last month and they had this charge. Habe been om Divina twice (boarding Seaside in 2 weeks 🎉) and i don't remember seeing a charge for this on my bill. We had vouchers last time.

Did MSC used to absorb the charge and now are not?

12 hours ago, OceanDreaming2 said:

Hello all you NCLers! We are also jumping over to MSC in October. We're going on the Seaside for a B2B. No YC for us. We have the Bella experience. 

We just cruised on the Getaway (loved it), followed by the refurbished Sky. It's beautiful! I doubt we'll be taking spring break cruises again, though. 😵

Helllllo M!

It has been a while since I have seen a post from you. How are you and D? We met on the cruise that ended in NOLA.

23 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Dexdd,

I was wondering how long it takes for us to get out at ports of call. I read about the poor crowd control, and if that is coming from Yacht Club residents (priority?), us plebes in balconies should figure out 2 hrs or so after the ship clears ?😟

For YC it was straight from lounge down and out.  I can't say we got a stink eye or it felt crazy busy trying to get off the ship.  They had three exits and entrances.  Getting back on we only used the YC benefit once as there really wasn't a need.  As far as June, it will be different ports so we'll have to see.

I can say elevators over the ship were plenty and fast.