Cruise Critic Community
NoWhiners

How are the Swans doing, 2019

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

What is this miracle spray of which you speak??? I might want some for myself :classic_biggrin:

OMG--I couldn't believe they missed those first 2 penalties! I think this is somewhat unusual. I've seen a team miss one, but never 2, and in a row. I felt so bad for them. I do agree that Norway was the better team that day.

The spray is Iced water with an anaesthetic in it which basically numbs the pain for around 5 minutes.

Once the first penalty is missed the pressure builds so a second is more likely, once two have been missed, the pressure is relieved as your team is unlikely to recover, unless the other side has also missed. Penalties are very much about how someone can deal with expectations and pressure.

How clever. I'll have to see if we have such a thing available--might be good after 18 holes :classic_biggrin:

Never thought about it that way, good explanation.

6 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

What is this miracle spray of which you speak??? I might want some for myself :classic_biggrin:

OMG--I couldn't believe they missed those first 2 penalties! I think this is somewhat unusual. I've seen a team miss one, but never 2, and in a row. I felt so bad for them. I do agree that Norway was the better team that day.

Back when I was playing (league not afl) we only had magic water, towards the end of my career they introduced a magic spray, it was an ice spray that instantly cooled the area, I still use it on my back.

Here’s one you can buy at Woolworths, it’s not bad, the one they use in footy is, I’m pretty sure, a prescription version that is even better

762023B1-0757-4459-B226-E42C979F20BE.jpeg

I don't know of anything like this but I think I've seen ads on TV about different kinds of sprays or pads you can use that can be hot or cold. I wonder if it's the same stuff.

I will say when we were in Australia I needed to buy a special cream I needed for an infection. I only knew the US name for it and it wasn't available there. The people in the drug store we went to (a major one everyone down under recommends, I forget the name) showed me what they had. It turned out to be a lot better and way cheaper. I wish I had known, would have bought a few more tubes.

Hmm, we have Mentholatum products here in the US but I don't recall seeing this. I will take a look the next time I am out shopping.

32 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Here’s one you can buy at Woolworths, it’s not bad, the one they use in footy is, I’m pretty sure, a prescription version that is even better

762023B1-0757-4459-B226-E42C979F20BE.jpeg

Pretty much it, 

Swans (14th) play the Gold Coast Suns (17th) on Saturday Afternoon at 4.35pm in Sydney, they have two more wins so far this season so hopefully they can continue their winning form.

Should be a win to the Swan, leading up to the big game between the Swans and Bombers the following Saturday at the MCG. After the Bombers' surprise win over GWS last night I'm quietly confident they will win.

Leigh

55 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Should be a win to the Swan, leading up to the big game between the Swans and Bombers the following Saturday at the MCG. After the Bombers' surprise win over GWS last night I'm quietly confident they will win.

Leigh

They put themselves in the right positions to win last night, it was a very tight finish.

55 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They put themselves in the right positions to win last night, it was a very tight finish.

Yes they did, I was surprised that they were able to kick 6 goals in the last quarter considering that they had only kicked 6 for the previous 3 quarters. There was also plenty of pressure in their forward 50 on the GWS players.

Leigh

21 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

Swans will win, I am quietly confident :classic_biggrin:

Or maybe they will lose. They are so up and down, who knows.

All of a sudden, we can watch AFL games on TV here in the US. Next is Hawks/Eagles on 6/29. 

Actually, I see the score posted now, so no suspense. Very close.

It is so hard with the time difference.

Posted (edited)

Eagles pulling away at half time. Yay.

Swans are 1/8, Gold Coast 6/1 according to the bookies. (I use a score app called Footy Live. Includes lots of other information.)

Gold Coast has been radically inconsistent this year. 

Edited by Docker123

Swans were behind by 1 point at quarter time, 2.2 (14) to 2.3 (15), but went ahead by 4 points at half time to be 6.3 (39) to 5.5 (35)

Swans up to 11th (possibly only temporarily due to other results this weekend) but the good news is only a couple of wins from being in the finals.

The young fellows shoulder (Callum not Murray) will put him out for a while and he’d been playing well, could be a big loss for them.

The injury to Callum Sinclair could be a big worry for the Swans. He has been playing well Mr GUT. But Essendon have lost their big ruckman Tom Bell-Chambers too for 6 weeks or so due to a calf injury so Sinclair's loss may not be too big an issue for next week's game but may be in future games.

A few upsets this round - Magpies losing to North, Giants to Bombers and Power to Bulldogs. Makes it more interesting.

Leigh

Leigh

59 minutes ago, possum52 said:

The injury to Callum Sinclair could be a big worry for the Swans. He has been playing well Mr GUT. But Essendon have lost their big ruckman Tom Bell-Chambers too for 6 weeks or so due to a calf injury so Sinclair's loss may not be too big an issue for next week's game but may be in future games.

A few upsets this round - Magpies losing to North, Giants to Bombers and Power to Bulldogs. Makes it more interesting.

Leigh

Leigh

Next week will be interesting.

With Mr Gut’s beloved Blues knocking off the Dockers, the eighth position becomes far more open.

Freo eighth with 28 points, equal with Port and Essendon. Four teams from 11-14th on 24. Including Sydney.