How are the Swans doing, 2019

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, possum52 said:

Swans defeated Eagles, last year's premiers by 55 points -  Swans 18.8.116 d Eagles 10.11.71. An amazing win by Swans with only 1 player on the bench for over a quarter. Five goals each to Buddy and Papley.

Leigh

Woohoo, glad they did it.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I think it may be the first time this season they scored over 100 as well.

Yes it is Mic, mainly scored in the 70s. Things could be looking up for the Swans!

Leigh

On 6/11/2019 at 12:08 AM, MicCanberra said:

I think it may be the first time this season they scored over 100 as well.

Just checked back and I am amazed about the score!! This is the first time over 100.

You were right--stick with your team!! Next stop--playoffs :classic_biggrin:

Go Swans!

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 11:49 PM, MicCanberra said:

Swans have the bye this weekend, hopefully any of the players with injuries can recover properly.

I should have checked here sooner. Went looking to see how they did and couldn't find it but I didn't know if AFL had byes.

Yay--we're safe this week :classic_biggrin:

Go Swans

ML

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I should have checked here sooner. Went looking to see how they did and couldn't find it but I didn't know if AFL had byes.

Yay--we're safe this week :classic_biggrin:

Go Swans

ML

They didn't lose anyway.

Swans kicking off at 7.50pm tonight, at home against the Hawks. The Hawks (12th) have one more win than the Swans (15th) and are coming off two losses. The Swans have the current form out of these two so I am hopeful they can carry that through from last week.

53 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Just heard on the news that he will be out for at least 3 games, possibly the season

Buddy could be a big loss for the Swans as he has been playing quite well - he kicked the first goal of each of the first three quarters after taking strong marks on the lead. 

Leigh

I was just listening to the Coodabeens Champions on ABC radio driving back from the gym.

They were commenting on the quality of the TV broadcast from the game last night. Suggested the production team and camera folk were from Home and Away, not sport.

also said Battleship Potemkin had better camera angles and focus on the action.

I was amused.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

I was just listening to the Coodabeens Champions on ABC radio driving back from the gym.

They were commenting on the quality of the TV broadcast from the game last night. Suggested the production team and camera folk were from Home and Away, not sport.

also said Battleship Potemkin had better camera angles and focus on the action.

I was amused.

LOL, they do tend to want to focus more on the drama than the action of the players with the ball

The latest report -

Sydney are facing a conundrum in their management of Lance Franklin with the superstar forward set to miss up to four weeks after suffering another hamstring injury, putting on ice celebrations for his 300th game.

His latest issue, coming in only his fourth game back, has raised further questions among former players over Franklin's durability midway into the sixth season of his blockbuster nine-year contract.

On 6/21/2019 at 4:14 PM, Docker123 said:

Buddy has done his hamstring.Same one that kept him out recently. Severity to be determined.

On 6/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, MicCanberra said:

Just heard on the news that he will be out for at least 3 games, possibly the season

On 6/21/2019 at 5:48 PM, possum52 said:

Buddy could be a big loss for the Swans as he has been playing quite well - he kicked the first goal of each of the first three quarters after taking strong marks on the lead. 

Leigh

19 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The latest report -

Sydney are facing a conundrum in their management of Lance Franklin with the superstar forward set to miss up to four weeks after suffering another hamstring injury, putting on ice celebrations for his 300th game.

His latest issue, coming in only his fourth game back, has raised further questions among former players over Franklin's durability midway into the sixth season of his blockbuster nine-year contract.

What???? Oh no, our best guy, lost for the year? Just when we were getting back on track. It's not fair :classic_biggrin:

I hope he makes a miraculous recovery (sort of like soccer players during  their matches) and gets back on the field.

On a related note, sort of,  I was sorry to see the Aussie women lose on penalty kicks to Norway in World Cup. So close. It was hard for them 10 vs 11 in 2nd half.

Go Swans!

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

What???? Oh no, our best guy, lost for the year? Just when we were getting back on track. It's not fair :classic_biggrin:

I hope he makes a miraculous recovery (sort of like soccer players during  their matches) and gets back on the field.

On a related note, sort of,  I was sorry to see the Aussie women lose on penalty kicks to Norway in World Cup. So close. It was hard for them 10 vs 11 in 2nd half.

Go Swans!

Buddy was just getting back into some better form. Not sure if the miracle spray will help him for a hamstring issue though.

As for the Matilda's, there has been a lot of upheaval in the team with the coach replaced for 'who knows why' and their new system of play hasn't really gelled properly. Having watched this tournament so far, I don't think the Matilda's really played sufficiently well enough to progress and missing the first 2 penalties was just an example of this.While sad they got knocked out, I think Norway out played them for most of the game.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Buddy was just getting back into some better form. Not sure if the miracle spray will help him for a hamstring issue though.

As for the Matilda's, there has been a lot of upheaval in the team with the coach replaced for 'who knows why' and their new system of play hasn't really gelled properly. Having watched this tournament so far, I don't think the Matilda's really played sufficiently well enough to progress and missing the first 2 penalties was just an example of this.While sad they got knocked out, I think Norway out played them for most of the game.

What is this miracle spray of which you speak??? I might want some for myself :classic_biggrin:

OMG--I couldn't believe they missed those first 2 penalties! I think this is somewhat unusual. I've seen a team miss one, but never 2, and in a row. I felt so bad for them. I do agree that Norway was the better team that day.