Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
NoWhiners

How are the Swans doing, 2019

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah I’m a League Man, and my Bunnies are winning

Glory, Glory to South Sydney !!!!!😍  I saw a few games at ye olde Redfern Oval when I lived at Matraville in the mid 60's early 70's, before I got hitched.😪  When a schooner of Reschs was 20 cents and a meat pie about the same.

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Glory, Glory to South Sydney !!!!!😍  I saw a few games at ye olde Redfern Oval when I lived at Matraville in the mid 60's early 70's, before I got hitched.😪  When a schooner of Reschs was 20 cents and a meat pie about the same.

Resches a blast from the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Swans play the Carlton tomorrow at 1.45pm in Sydney,  and I am hoping the Swans can still get another couple of wins in. If they cannot beat the blues then their season is definitely over.

 

thanks for coming ...................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are these bunnies you support, I always thought that Souths were known as the 'Rabbitohs'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swans season definitely over now. I watched the last few minutes of the game when I turned the TV on to watch the Bombers v Kangaroos game which was another close game. Bombers won by 5 points after being a point down with a couple pf minutes to go.

 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Resches a blast from the past.

I did not mind the Reschs Pilsners in silver bullet cans, but 'DA @ 'Dirty Anny' was vile.    But the old blokes drank it back then. Tooheys New or Old was my drink before the cursed Coeliac Disease hit me in 2010.😭

 

Back to the AFL, I must learn about that game.  I am disgusted with the Strayan World Cup Cricket Team, they got flogged by the Poms.   England will beat NZ in the final, the English Bowlers are superb.

 

The Aussies should have had a few of these pre match.

pie.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Who are these bunnies you support, I always thought that Souths were known as the 'Rabbitohs'.

GUT is a dinosaur like me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Who are these bunnies you support, I always thought that Souths were known as the 'Rabbitohs'.

Not to true fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Not to true fans.

Rabbitoh's are the people that sell rabbits either for the fur or the meat.

Bunnies are the things they sell either for the fur or the meat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

GUT is a dinosaur like me.  

Just because you are older doesn't necessarily make you a dinosaur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Just because you are older doesn't necessarily make you a dinosaur.

Senior Strayan then, that sounds nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Senior Strayan then, that sounds nice.

I don’t qualify as a SS yet, but heck I feel it.

 

Still say growing up in the 60s was more fun than being in your 60s (even if I’m not there just yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Senior Strayan then, that sounds nice.

Yep, much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I don’t qualify as a SS yet, but heck I feel it.

 

Still say growing up in the 60s was more fun than being in your 60s (even if I’m not there just yet).

I am not even close to either of those things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 3:10 AM, MicCanberra said:

Swans play the Carlton tomorrow at 1.45pm in Sydney,  and I am hoping the Swans can still get another couple of wins in. If they cannot beat the blues then their season is definitely over.

 

Swans lost, much sadness :classic_sad:. At least we have provided a few nailbiters as we close in on our lost season!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 3:54 AM, possum52 said:

Swans season definitely over now. I watched the last few minutes of the game when I turned the TV on to watch the Bombers v Kangaroos game which was another close game. Bombers won by 5 points after being a point down with a couple pf minutes to go.

 

Leigh

 

Does this mean I have to wear a bag over my head? The shame, the disappointment, the anguish. I think I am going into a funk.

 

 

 

 

Oh well, there is always next season.  Funk over :classic_biggrin: (and I had to be very careful when I typed that :classic_wink:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

 

Swans lost, much sadness :classic_sad:. At least we have provided a few nailbiters as we close in on our lost season!

 

Yeah, close but no cigar. Entertaining at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

 

Does this mean I have to wear a bag over my head? The shame, the disappointment, the anguish. I think I am going into a funk.

 

Oh well, there is always next season.  Funk over :classic_biggrin: (and I had to be very careful when I typed that :classic_wink:)

Not in the least, they will not end up with the wooden spoon (last place), that is going to the Gold Coast Suns or Carlton Blues at this stage.

LOL, beware the typos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another tough game for the Swans, they are playing the Dockers in Fremantle Saturday night 8.10pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...