How are the Swans doing, 2019

14 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I went to the local football today, Williamstown giving Frankston a bit of a hiding. A couple of pics.

Note Port Phillip Bay in the background.

Good to see real Seagulls flying high, did you call into the Stags Head on the way home?

990851493_Packmark.thumb.jpg.e76f33d57a548d94af1d6748ff2269f1.jpg

Tackle.thumb.jpg.96ba322a97854fc789d7351aa00fc65f.jpg

13 hours ago, possum52 said:

Such a picturesque ground on a nice day with the bay in the background.

Leigh

It is lovely on a sunny day. Also just a really gentle breeze made it even more pleasant.

I must admit, a far cry from some Saturday morning Auskick sessions when my boy was little. Enormous southerly winds howling off the bay. One day we had to look after kids verging on hypothermia (true).

As to the Stags Head, I rarely drink so have not been there for a long time. It stills seems to be humming along. Nice pub.

18 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

It is lovely on a sunny day. Also just a really gentle breeze made it even more pleasant.

I must admit, a far cry from some Saturday morning Auskick sessions when my boy was little. Enormous southerly winds howling off the bay. One day we had to look after kids verging on hypothermia (true).

It reminds me of the Frankston ground a little with the westerly straight off the bay. Many years ago we attended a country inter league game there  between our local league and one from the area of the western district where I grew up. It was absolutely freezing, top of 8 degrees. It was raining and the wind was driving it in on an angle. After halftime all the players came out with their track tops under their jumpers.  We sat in the grandstand with rugs wrapped around us but the children thought it was fun! It wasn’t!

Leigh

On 7/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, possum52 said:

Sorry, we've been away for a few days and have just returned today.

May the best team win on Saturday! 

Go BOMBERS!

Leigh

So are the blues playing??? (well you said the best team).

• Haha 1

Haha! No Mr GUT, Blues play Demons this afternoon at the G. Could go either way. It will be on our TV as husband is a Dees supporter so I guess I’ll be watching at least some of it. 

Leigh

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

So are the blues playing??? (well you said the best team).

At least Carlton has the same number of goals in the first quarter as Fremantle had for the whole game last night.

Dees were probably lucky to win but from just before 3/4 time they only had one on the bench due to injury including their key forward who up until then had kicked 6 goals and taken a stack of marks. They ran out of legs in the last quarter and Carlton had all the run. 

Leigh

Oh nooooo....the Swans lost :classic_sad:

I guess this means I owe Possum52 a drink ( a shout?? My Australian is rusty!).

From the score it looks like it was a close game. Blues--Dees even closer. I hope the season ends soon, I can't take much more disappointment.:classic_wink:

Go Swans!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

From the score it looks like it was a close game. Blues--Dees even closer. I hope the season ends soon, I can't take much more disappointment.:classic_wink:

Go Swans!

Yeah, a shout is where your buying.

The Swans can still make it but it is now relying on other results. They are 2 wins out of the final 8 with 7 rounds to go.

19 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Go Swans!

I’ll have a glass of Sauvignon Blanc please! It was a very frustrating game to watch but in the end Bombers held on to win. 

Go Bombers!

Leigh

6 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I’ll have a glass of Sauvignon Blanc please! It was a very frustrating game to watch but in the end Bombers held on to win. 

Go Bombers!

Leigh

I thought you may go for a more lavish drink, like the - Stealth Bomber - http://www.cocktailsandbars.com/jack-sottis-stealth-bomber-cocktail/

or the - Bourbon Bomber Cocktail is the perfect drink to toast the fall season.  This cocktail is loaded with all the flavours you associate with fall; apple, nutmeg, allspice and ginger.  Stir it together with some bourbon and top it of with fresh sprigs of Rosemary and you have one delicious, soon to become your favourite, fall cocktail.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I thought you may go for a more lavish drink, like the - Stealth Bomber - http://www.cocktailsandbars.com/jack-sottis-stealth-bomber-cocktail/

or the - Bourbon Bomber Cocktail is the perfect drink to toast the fall season.  This cocktail is loaded with all the flavours you associate with fall; apple, nutmeg, allspice and ginger.  Stir it together with some bourbon and top it of with fresh sprigs of Rosemary and you have one delicious, soon to become your favourite, fall cocktail.

I’m not really into cocktails Mic, but will have to try it. A good Sav Blanc (Smith and  Shaw perhaps) and the occasional beer are more my style. 

Leigh

5 hours ago, possum52 said:

Go Bombers!

Leigh

Next time I'm in town, you're on :classic_wink:

Go Swans!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, possum52 said:

I’m not really into cocktails Mic, but will have to try it. A good Sav Blanc (Smith and  Shaw perhaps) and the occasional beer are more my style. 

Leigh

I may have to try them myself and I am not even a fan of the bombers.😋

I just cannot understand that game.  They should have kept it in Mexico and S.A.. 😋 Not bring it east.

Where is that bloke who wore the short shorts, Warwick Capper? 

I would rather watch the World Cup Netball.😆

Standby for incoming.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I just cannot understand that game.  They should have kept it in Mexico and S.A.. 😋 Not bring it east.

I would rather watch the World Cup Netball.😆

Standby for incoming.

Yeah I’m a League Man, and my Bunnies are winning