Is the Soda pkg worth it?

Carnevale

First Celebrity cruise now booked and we are wondering if the Soda pkg is worth it.  Try as we might, we have not found a copy of a bar menu for Infinity so we don’t know what the price is if purchased one at a time.  Can anyone share this info?  Thx!

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if it is $2.00 or $2.50 per soda.  Either way, my husband finds the soda package is worth it for him, but he drinks a lot of soda.  He likes that they will give him unopened cans that he can bring back to the cabin.  He does not drink alcohol (that's my job!) so it is a small price to pay to make him happy.

We are in a suite in Nov so he will not buy it because it is served in Michael's Club.

17 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I don’t know where the notion of the limitation of 12 1/2 L containers came from. As far as I know there is no limitation on the size or number of soft drink containers that you can bring on board Celebrity. Maybe on some other lines?

Agree, first time ever saw that...

28 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I don’t know where the notion of the limitation of 12 1/2 L containers came from. As far as I know there is no limitation on the size or number of soft drink containers that you can bring on board Celebrity. Maybe on some other lines?

I don't know if Celebrity changed their policy. You used to bring as much soda as you wanted to. We cruised with Royal a few months ago. They had a 12 can restriction.

On 3/24/2019 at 9:40 PM, Muushka said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if it is $2.00 or $2.50 per soda.  Either way, my husband finds the soda package is worth it for him, but he drinks a lot of soda.  He likes that they will give him unopened cans that he can bring back to the cabin.  He does not drink alcohol (that's my job!) so it is a small price to pay to make him happy.

We are in a suite in Nov so he will not buy it because it is served in Michael's Club.

Those are quite old prices.  It is at least $3.00 but maybe $3.50 now.  We've been in suites recently so haven't bought one in the last 4 years but it was at least $3 last time I did buy.

They were $3 in January +18% service charge for each one, so $3.54 total.  They've been that price for a year or two, I believe. 

The soda package is worth it if you drink more than three a day.  Also worth investigating the non-alcoholic package if you drink other non-alcoholic stuff.  It also includes the sodas.

Edited by bEwAbG

Royal Caribbean has updated its non-alcoholic beverage policy for guests, beginning on September 1st, 2018. ... Specifically, non-alcoholic beverages brought onboard may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom.Aug 28, 2018

1 hour ago, acesneights99 said:

Royal Caribbean has updated its non-alcoholic beverage policy for guests, beginning on September 1st, 2018. ... Specifically, non-alcoholic beverages brought onboard may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom.Aug 28, 2018

Different cruise line. 😉

1 hour ago, acesneights99 said:

We have been on three cruises with Celebrity. One with Royal Caribbean, three months ago. I think the soda package is OK with Celebrity. You can get as many cans of soda you want, to take back to the room. Royal was a disaster. Their stupid cup thing. More expensive on Royal too.