Eurodam vs Oosterdam

parrothead1954

On 3/28/2019 at 3:46 AM, terrydtx said:

.........However both classes of ships, Vista and Signature, are IMO the perfect size ships for seeing Alaska.

Interesting comment.  IMO the perfect size ships for visiting Alaska are the R-class and S-class because they can get into the "little" ports like Homer and Kodiak and the port that can't handle the big ships, Anchorage.  Don't get me wrong, I love Eurodam and her Tamarind.  I just prefer the 14-day Alaska routes that the little ships do.  Hoping to do the Maasdam 21-day Alaska route that goes to many brand-new ports.  Again, JMO.

Edited by Av8rix
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 6:27 PM, Himself said:

Do you want Hubbard' Glacier or Glacier Bay.  Both are worth seeing.

On 3/27/2019 at 6:41 PM, parrothead1954 said:

Couldn’t care less more interested in finding out any major differences between the 2 ships which apparently there aren’t any 

Himself was trying to help you.  ‘Couldn’t care less’ is one hell of an ill-mannered way to reply 😏

We loved the Eurodam last year.  The gallery bar was a great addition to the ship and I'm not sure if the Oosterdam has it.  I'd chose the Eurodam for that, updated cabins, and Tamarind as a second climate controlled observation area during scenic cruising.

https://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Eurodam?m=0

Edited by cruisingrob21
Link to blog

14 hours ago, bob221b1 said:

Himself was trying to help you.  ‘Couldn’t care less’ is one hell of an ill-mannered way to reply 😏

The difference between the two ships is there is an extra deck on the Eurodam--the Panorama--and the Eurodam has the Tamarind restaurant. Midship Eurodam has Club Hal ahd the Loft.  The Tamarind Restaurant  is midship Observation deck is above the Tamarind.   Panorama deck forward has more state rooms and that is why the Eurodam is slightly larger than the Oosterdam.