If You Could Take Your WOOF, Would You?

Ukigirl

4 hours ago, iancal said:

The other side of the coin.  Would we consider a cruise where the cruisers we permitted to bring their pets?

Absolutely not.  Not interested in fleas, constant barking, drooling animals in the food areas, bites, dog jumping on us, cats scratching, snakes slithering about, lost animals...the lot.  

And then there are their pets as well.

My dog would go bananas on a ship. I couldn’t even imagine the chaos— 90 pound Doberman, who loves everyone, but who doesn’t realize people are (in general) afraid of his size/breed/exuberance... yeah... it’d be a real party. It’d especially go well since his head is at the same level as the food in the buffet lines. 

I think he can stay at home 😂 👍

No I most certainly would not.  If I did I would not try to pass him off as a bogus service animal, parade him around in a doll carriage, nor allow him to dine in the dining room!😉

On 4/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, Ukigirl said:

Peeing dog thread got me thinking about about a specialty cruise, Furballs at Sea with your well....furball. Let’s make this sweet and simple, would you pay to take your dog on a 4 day cruise? Thinking it would have to be same price as a human including gratuities, just think of the crew and what they would have to endure. We all think our dog is the greatest, bestest woof but let’s be realistic, they 💩, they pee, they shed, they howl (hmmm, reminds me of when my kids were little).  I think RCL would make a killing because humans are willing to spend millions on their pets.  Simple rules, dogs allowed by pool, in pool , Windjammer, walking track.  Want to go to a specialty restaurant? Pay for a puppy sitter.  We took our dog to Bark At The Park, Detroit Tigers date where you can bring dogs to a game, I believe it’s done in other ballparks, fun but never again. We love our dog but she’s not our baby, and never ever would we want to spend a time  with her on a cruise, we go to get away. Yes I know liability is a big deal and of course no port stops.  This isn’t an April fools thread!

No the furbaby would stay home where he has his own bed.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My snoopy is a 15 year old beagle who is sitting next to me right now .

They are wonderful dogs. I had a beagle named snoopy once as well. We trained her to hop onto the roof peak of her doghouse and sit. She would sit there until she was told to come down. 

55 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Am I the only person who reads the entire thread or the entire conversation before posting ?

I will admit there are times when I don't read all comments before responding to the OP's question.  Not claiming it is a good thing.  Just sometimes happens.  

PS: Beagle dogs are lovable rascals!  Haha