If You Could Take Your WOOF, Would You?

Ukigirl

7 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Really?  No pun intended, but I think your view of service animals is a bit short sighted. There are a number of valid service animal applications in addition to guide dogs that should not be eliminated in your consideration.  There are animals trained to support those with other physical limitations, as well as medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, etc.  These service animals are as critical a component to their quality of life as a guide dog would be to the sight impaired.

It is a good thing I am not in charge of this policy then. BTW, Cunard's QM2 has kennels aboard the ship up on the top deck forward.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, Ukigirl said:

Let’s make this sweet and simple,

would you pay to take your dog on a 4 day cruise?

No no NO!! How silly and ridiculous can you get?

I cruise to escape my neighbour's PITA neurotic dog's barking!

The very last thing 95% of us want.. is animals on board,

judging by the numerous negative responses.

Appeal to Admin:

please delete this nonsensical thread before anyone gets ideas.

• Like 1

No, he is a nervous thing and would need a lot of attention. He is much happier with my in laws while we sail.

It would be lovely to cuddle up to him at night and give him suitable buffet delights (chicken,eggs etc).

I wouldn't be worrying about him weeing tbh as he has 'dog nappies/belly bands' which are a velcroed band that wraps around his middle with a ladies pad stuck inside. I know it sounds bizarre but we discovered them online after he kept doing secret wees when visiting other houses.

I believe the QM2 has a kennel onboard.

Edited by Velvetwater

32 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I suspect that they would pay more attention than most of the humans — and probably understand as much as well.

Getting them to put on the life vest by themselves is a real joke.

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, you can then.

Wonderful

If CC had a PM I would send you one to ask what is the perception of Donald Trump by people in Australia. However,since there is not a PM and it has nothing to do with cruising I cannot ask you the question.

No  no no and no. Apart from 'proper' support dogs (blind/profoundly deaf - not the fluffy "emotional" support dogs) l hate  seeing dogs on cruises. If you're  that attached  to the pooch that you can't leave it for a week or two, then cruisin' ain't  for you.

Nope.  If I want to do the same things on vacation that I do at home, I'd just stay home.  Doggie is perfectly fine in a kennel.  Yeah, they look awful when you leave them, but they're SO happy when you pick them up.  Your pup will be fine kenneled.  We tried "dog-sitting" once...did NOT work for my dog.  A nice kennel (and I researched for months to find the right one) was the best option.  Inside-outside runs, A/C and heat, they gave medications (if needed), place was nice and clean.....your dog will survive.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My 19 year old cat died in 2004. I would never go on a cruise and leave her somewhere if she was still alive.

If she were still alive, it would be remarkable and worthy of a Guinness world record.

I get a housesitter and travel secure in the knowledge that pets and home are being looked after.  Even if I kenneled the dogs, somebody would have to come by to check on the cats. It just makes sense to have somebody stay and handle everything.

The other side of the coin.  Would we consider a cruise where the cruisers we permitted to bring their pets?

Absolutely not.  Not interested in fleas, constant barking, drooling animals in the food areas, bites, dog jumping on us, cats scratching, snakes slithering about, lost animals...the lot.  

Edited by iancal