Pacific - not dead yet..Tahiti 2020

Cruise Junky

We are trying to decide between the 10-day and the 25-day.  Has anyone figured out how many At Sea days there will be on the 25-day?  

Do stops at the other French Polynesia ports make the 35-day a meaningful alternative?

2 hours ago, JerryinBWB said:

We are trying to decide between the 10-day and the 25-day.  Has anyone figured out how many At Sea days there will be on the 25-day?  

Do stops at the other French Polynesia ports make the 35-day a meaningful alternative?

To me. yes, the other ports on the 10 day make the 35 a good idea but I think it might be better to book as a 10 and a 25 rather than the 35.

Sea Days question answered below

In trying to figure this out I found this post about the Sea Princess World Cruise

and it basically says

2 days from Papeete to Pitcairn Island

2 days from Pticairn to Easter Island

4 days from Easter Island to Lima

2 days from Lima to Manta

1 day from Manta to Panama Canal

and 3 days to Florida.

image.png.d7da15d78e9b3f6414379bf6c4ae2afe.png

Edited by chamima

16 hours ago, sssteele said:

Bob,

Sam and I have loved, loved, loved our cruises to/in the Pacific Islands.  These look awesome, and we've never been on the ship.

Hope Holli is doing well.

Joanie

Hi Joanie. Are you two thinking of booking?  I already talked to my T/A about it.  I will be looking to snag one of those prized aft suites for the 25 day voyage.  We sailed on the Pacific (trans canal) the cruise right before the refurb in 2017.  We  absolutely loved the cruise.  Holli has been after me for years to do a South Pacific itinerary based cruise. You know we (at least I) love the Western-Med T/A (Sky will be 5).  I am finally realizing that I need to spread my wings and try something different😁.

The only thing I worry about is if these itineraries were opened to other areas (AUS; etc) before they are opened to us (Elites) on the 9th. This could be problematic with the size of the Pacific.  

I will I’ll pass on your regards to Holli.  She is getting better each day.  Hoping to have her sprung from the hospital either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Bob

I’d like to know that as well.....😊😊😊

Bob

47 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

I’d like to know that as well.....😊😊😊

Bob

55 minutes ago, chamima said:

To me. yes, the other ports on the 10 day make the 35 a good idea but I think it might be better to book as a 10 and a 25 rather than the 35.

In trying to figure this out I found this post about the Sea Princess World Cruise

and it basically says

2 days from Papeete to Pitcairn Island

2 days from Pticairn to Easter Island

4 days from Easter Island to Lima

2 days from Lima to Manta

1 day from Manta to Panama Canal

and 3 days to Florida.

image.png.d7da15d78e9b3f6414379bf6c4ae2afe.png

Looks like approximately  14 sea days to me.

I've put in my prefer cruise date and cabin with a TA. I also try and book directly myself because sometimes when a ship is in demand and TA have multiple people to book for they can not get everyone what they want. 

3 hours ago, icat2000 said:

I've put in my prefer cruise date and cabin with a TA. I also try and book directly myself because sometimes when a ship is in demand and TA have multiple people to book for they can not get everyone what they want. 

Sarah;

Are you planning on booking either the 25 or 35 day itinerary?

Bob

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

Sarah;

Are you planning on booking either the 25 or 35 day itinerary?

Bob

I would love to do the 25 or 35 itinerary but probably look at 10 day cruise (5 October) one.  

14 hours ago, skinsmom said:

Good information.  We’re currently booked on Paul Gauguin and now I see this.  We have a 13 day itinerary and it is more expensive but as you say, airfare is included.  I have to put them side by side to determine our best course of action.  

I really don't think you can go wrong with either!

The Pacific Princess is obviously well loved and the Princess 10 day itinerary looks fantastic. My parents did that cruise a few years ago and loved it. 

Our main reason for saying we'd stick with the Paul Gauguin is that we are already attached to the crew. Within 2-3 days it seems that every crew member you encounter addresses you by name. Though more than 2 years passed between our 1st (7 day cruise) & 2nd (11 day cruise)  PG cruise, the staff not only recognized us but remembered our names. My favorite waiter (it is his 19th year on that same ship) glanced me out of the corner of his eye the first day back, called my name out and gave me a nice big hug. The service we received was just unbeatable and the crew so welcoming and warm. Since PG has only one ship, you will see much of the same crew every time you sail and that is actually comforting and also quite fun. It is so nice to see so many familiar faces. I'm sure that people who sail on Princess for weeks to months on end probably feel much the same comfort on Princess. 

Good luck with your decision and enjoy which ever cruise you decide to take:) 

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

Anyone else going to be checking about 1400 to see if they release the itineraries early.....😁😁😁

Bob

Why 2:00?

Is this why?

If so isn't that 7pm Eastern time?

•  
  • azbirdmom
  • January 24, 2009
  •  
  • 3,324 posts
  • Scottsdale AZ

I just called Princess to ask when these itineraries would be available for booking.  After a 5 minute hold the agent came back and said that for Elite members, the Tahiti cruises would be for sale this Tuesday April 9th at 4 PM PDT along with the Australia / other South Pacific cruises.  Already have a request in to my TA!

Edited by chamima

34 minutes ago, chamima said:

Why 2:00?

Is this why?

If so isn't that 7pm Eastern time?

•  
  • azbirdmom
  • January 24, 2009
  •  
  • 3,324 posts
  • Scottsdale AZ

I just called Princess to ask when these itineraries would be available for booking.  After a 5 minute hold the agent came back and said that for Elite members, the Tahiti cruises would be for sale this Tuesday April 9th at 4 PM PDT along with the Australia / other South Pacific cruises.  Already have a request in to my TA!

I know it's 1600, but never say never.  They could be released early.  You never know.....😊😊😊

Bob

1 minute ago, Woobstr112G said:

I know it's 1600, but never say never.  They could be released early.  You never know.....😊😊😊

Bob

I'll be checking by 9am tomorrow - and that's Eastern time!  😉  😅

• Haha 1

I just got the same email as Jeannie from a TA we sometimes use saying booking for Elites opens April 16th.

But I do have a call into the TA we usually use to please check today if she can book us .

13 minutes ago, chamima said:

I just got the same email as Jeannie from a TA we sometimes use saying booking for Elites opens April 16th.

But I do have a call into the TA we usually use to please check today if she can book us .

Any TA should be able to book it.

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

Any TA should be able to book it.

I know that.

I was just noting that the date of the 16th (rather than today, the 9th) is still on Princess's promotional material.

We'll know which is correct very soon.

image.png.75183a388d459d79a64a162956afc8a1.png

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

I know that.

I was just noting that the date of the 16th (rather than today, the 9th) is still on Princess's promotional material.

We'll know which is correct very soon.

image.png.75183a388d459d79a64a162956afc8a1.png

Got it - report back when you find out.

I also realize that the Aussies may get first chance.....

13 minutes ago, chamima said:

Hmmmm🤔. My T/A told me it was today.  I guess we'll find out later.....

Bob

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Got it - report back when you find out.

I also realize that the Aussies may get first chance.....

If it's a whole week ahead of us that would really stink! 😖 :classic_angry:

Makes the "Elite" booking window useless.

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

If it's a whole week ahead of us that would really stink! 😖 :classic_angry:

Makes the "Elite" booking window useless.

It is confusing as the Australian sailings have some South Pacific. No wonder everyone is confused as I am guessing Princess employees as well.

I thought I had read that the Australian winter 2020/2021 itineraries were being released April 10 to elites and April 11 the everyone else. I would then assume that they would open April 10 at 10 am Sydney Australia time which would be April 9 at 4:00 pm PDT. Opening at the same time for everyone. Now whether these Tahiti cruises are with these is a whole question. 

Well despite what I was told last week about the Tahiti cruises going on sale today, at least one CSR is indicating it will be next week.  A friend called Princess yesterday and was told that Tahiti (and Cuba ???) cruises would be for available for booking on April 16th for Elites, consistent with the info sent previously to TAs.  My TA is ready to pounce today for her clients if the cruises appear on the booking system, if not she will grab them next week.  Stay tuned - never a dull moment with Princess.

Edited by azbirdmom