Family veranda or Concierge?

Purplsmurf

We recently booked a transatlantic and initially went with a Concierge cabin. For the extra $50 more than a veranda we felt it was worth it, especially for the extra points. After we booked a Family veranda popped up. I was surprised to see it available for only 2 people, but I’m sure they don’t expect too many families on a transatlantic. Having never done an aft veranda and for $100 more than Concierge we booked it. Opinions? Take the FV or Concierge? Thank you!

• Like 1

Which is more important to you, points or space?

If you are sailing in mild weather and want to commune with the waves then that aft veranda is awesome. 

The family veranda is much more spacious which is always a plus. You didn't mention the ship but the concierge cabins are roomy - not spacious.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am so happy to hear everyones opinion! We "downgraded" from concierge to an aft balcony on Milly  for Alaska in July and saved about $600 person for the 3 of us!

Edited by buckeye1990
grammatical error

On 4/8/2019 at 7:51 PM, buckeye1990 said:

I am so happy to hear everyones opinion! We "downgraded" from concierge to an aft balcony on Milly  for Alaska in July and saved about $600 person for the 3 of us!

I think you will be very happy with your choice.  From an aft balcony you can see both sides for views and pictures, it also provides protection from the cold wind.  We've done aft twice to Alaska.

Rollie

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, buckeye1990 said:

Buckeye1990,

On the Summit Revolution Tread page 19, post 467 and 475 has updated photos of the family veranda, if you are still

looking current pictures.

We booked one in June 2013 for an October TA on Infinity. We originally had booked a 2A and we just exchanged for the FV at the same price as it was considered the same category. We each earned 3 points per night, I believe Concierge is 5 points p.p.p.n.

Just to chime in, there are aft concierge balconies as well, category C1.

You can keep your concierge points that way.

I think there are a total of 4 possible aft view cabin categories:

sunset verandah, C1 concierge, Suites, and on some ships Family Verandahs.

If i missed one, someone is sure to correct me.

We did an FV on the Millie's Trans-Pacific 2 years ago and it beat any other cabin i;ve had on any ship, including a aft suite on HAL. The ONLY downside....it's a long walk to anywhere. But we loved it and would book one again first chance we get.