Cruise Credit to expire 12/28/19

mom23kidoz

We were given an extension to use our cruise credit of $1700 by Dec 28 2019. 

I tried for another extension by the cruise line and they said they can not extend it another year. 

Cruise line said we could transfer our credit to another individual but, we don't know of anyone who would use it.

We are fairly certain that due to our family circumstances, (taking care of a bedridden family member) won't allow us to leave anytime soon to take our cruise.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated

what if you book any cruise, for example a cruise for April 2021 and use that credit. then when call up to cancel that cruise like say in a year or two, you should get the credit back as refundable. 

Edited by shof515

8 minutes ago, shof515 said:

what if you book any cruise, for example a cruise for April 2022 and use that credit. then when call up to cancel that cruise like say in a year or two, you should get the credit back as refundable. 

The cruise likely has to set sail before 12/28/19.

That's the condition that was placed on a 20% future cruise credit* that was given to passengers of the 1/20/18 sailing on the Triumph.  The credit had to be redeemed on a cruise that started prior to 7/22/19.

*A lady went overboard, and a port was missed.

Edited by Tiger0613

I guess I better explain where this credit came from. We had scheduled a back to back cruise back in Nov 2017  (2 weeks)

We were only able to go for one week due to a medical emergency. They were kind enough to offer an extension on this already paid for cruise

Use respite to care for your family member and take a cruise to recharge.  Caring for a sick family member is important but so is caring for yourself and you do need a break from the constant stress.  If your family member gets medicaid talk to their worker about needing a break and how you can plan for it.  Respite hours are covered under medicaid.  You might be surprised how easy it is.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nevada Jen said:

Use respite to care for your family member and take a cruise to recharge.  Caring for a sick family member is important but so is caring for yourself and you do need a break from the constant stress.  If your family member gets medicaid talk to their worker about needing a break and how you can plan for it.  Respite hours are covered under medicaid.  You might be surprised how easy it is.  

I like this solution for you, but I also like the idea of you giving it to me lol. Seriously though try to find a way to do this.

3 hours ago, xostacylee said:

I'll take it off your hands 😉 

There's no way you can cruise before then?

2 hours ago, Nevada Jen said:

2 hours ago, CruiseGal999 said:

How much are you selling it for?  $1700.00

Sell it to someone here for just a little less than 90% of value [since anyone can buy a 10% cruise credit from AARP] Or auction it off here [if allowable] Either an online auction or have people e-mail you with offers. Or gift it to someone who can't afford to cruise often. Or maybe, if you are in a caregiver support group, offer it to someone in the group who is able to arrrange for respite care.[ and are sure they will use the credit] Is there any way you could convince Carnival to extend the deadline if you only took half the credit ammount? [ I hope that last one makes sense. I am Autistic and have difficulty putting my thoughts together] Could you possibly find respite care for a shorter period than a week and only take a 3 or 4 day cruise? 

I know that this is a really hard time for you and your loved ones and I am sorry for what you are going through.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mom23kidoz said:

Credit is valued at $1636.00 There were three of us.

Would like to recoup some of our money.

I would guess best offer gets it.

Thanks all!😉

Is that cruise fare only or can some of it be used for cheers, excursions, internet, etc? 

52 minutes ago, mom23kidoz said:

Credit is valued at $1636.00 There were three of us.

Would like to recoup some of our money.

I would guess best offer gets it.

Thanks all!😉

I have a booking in December (12/21) that still has a balance. you could transfer it to my booking thus reducing my balance by this much? I'm not trying to be funny or anything. I just want to make sure I understand what you stated and what you are able to do with it is all. Also, assuming you are allowed to do this auctioning thing (CC Ebay) how would said winner pay you?

I purchased an NCL cruise next certificate not that long ago from someone here on CC.  He transferred the credit to my name/account with ncl FIRST and THEN ... and ONLY after I verified all was xferred and IN my name/account, did I pay via paypal.  Trust went both ways and it worked out great.  I then used that credit for my next NCL cruise ... which I leave on 4/28/19.  Just FYI ... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BBigfoot613 said:

I have a booking in December (12/21) that still has a balance. you could transfer it to my booking thus reducing my balance by this much? I'm not trying to be funny or anything. I just want to make sure I understand what you stated and what you are able to do with it is all. Also, assuming you are allowed to do this auctioning thing (CC Ebay) how would said winner pay you?

It would include myself transfering the credit through Carnival to the person wanting this credit. Not ebay. Hope this helps.

• Haha 1