Princess Thermal Spa Pass

Poohbear5701

I am sailing on the Caribbean Princess to the Eastern Caribbean on May 18th and would like to spend some time in the thermal spa, but cannot find any information on how to obtain a day pass or a week pass.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Thanks

• Like 1

You must buy a pass for the entire cruise. Averages roughly $20/pp/pd. Couples discounts went by the wayside a year or so ago.  Just go to the reception desk at the Lotus Spa and ask to be shown the Thermal Suite. In the cruise card days they would place a sticker on the card which you would surrender in exchange for a locker key when you entered the spa, should you find the price agreeable. No clue how a Thermal Suite pass works with the Medallion (just wave it by the locked door to the paid area of the spa just like your cabin once the sale is recorded? Anyone?)

I believe that certain spa treatments entitle you to use the suite afterwards the remainder of that day only. No other way to get a one-day pass as far as I know.

The price averages out to the same per diem on all ships in the fleet, whether they have the new Enclave (on Royal-class ships), a separate thermal suite in the depths of the spa (as on Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby) or just a tiny room with a couple heated loungers and tiny steam/sauna booths (Coral, Island, and Star). Kind of a big letdown on the other ships once you have seen The Enclave. But also know that the older Grand-class ships including CB have a free men's and women's sauna entered either through the locker room or outside at the front of the Lap Pool (design varies by ship but they are there somewhere).

On 4/12/2019 at 4:07 PM, Poohbear5701 said:

I am sailing on the Caribbean Princess to the Eastern Caribbean on May 18th and would like to spend some time in the thermal spa, but cannot find any information on how to obtain a day pass or a week pass.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Thanks

What does the Thermal spa consist of on the CB?  The only Therma Suite  we have used was on the Majestic Princess which had a wonderful warm pool. 

5 hours ago, Poohbear5701 said:

The Thermal Suite on CB has heated tiled loungers, warm therapy pool - I think with a rain shower overhead, sauna, steam room, etc..  Very soothing environment.  

The TS has several different kinds of rooms:  one with tiled "couch" around the room with dry heat (my personal favorite), small one with steam/aromatherapy, a regular steam room and two showers (different kinds of shower heads:  one pulsating, one "gentle" rain, etc).  The changing rooms have traditional sauna and steam rooms (separate ones for men and women).  I was thinking access to the outdoor warm, therapy pool was both from within the Spa and from the outside deck (although that may just be on the ships older than the CB, which is a one-of-a-kind design.  Similar to the older ships, but some differences).

Here's a link to a link to many photos of the CB spa, but unfortunately they're not labeled.  Many of the photos show treatment and massage rooms while others show the TS, beauty salon etc.  https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/caribbean-princess-303/spa-215820/

6 minutes ago, Poohbear5701 said:

I would think it would be a cruise long pass when you have a full suite.

thanks - do we just 'show up' with our medallion ? or do we have to pre-register at the lotus spa or something?

obviously, we've never been to a thermal suite on any ship ... but this time, hey why not - it's included !

23 minutes ago, Poohbear5701 said:

I would think it would be a cruise long pass when you have a full suite.

You would think that, and I believe it is true at the moment. But I vaguely recall reports from some time ago that certain ships were imposing limits on suite guests' complimentary use: either hours per day, total visits/hours per cruise, or some combination of this.

In the cruise card era you would leave your card at the desk in exchange for a locker key (in the form of an electronic wristband on some ships), which would be verified against the roster of suite guests or purchasers of the full cruise pass. No clue how the medallion works--would be nice if you could just wave it and the locker room door unlocks and once inside you then use it to assign yourself a vacant locker. But would think this method would too easily permit "sharing" 🤔

Edited by fishywood

• 4 months later...

My sister and bother-in-law are currently on the Sapphire.  They said that it is $199 for one person or $250 for two.  They are on a 14-day cruise and that price is for the entire cruise.  

• 2 years later...

It is showing as $219 per couple on the Western European in September. Do Princess never sell day passes on a port day when many passengers are off the ship  ?
Not sure if I want the full week pass. For those who have booked this, have you made use of it everyday ? 
Thank you. 

14 minutes ago, smilesonfaces said:

It is showing as $219 per couple on the Western European in September. Do Princess never sell day passes on a port day when many passengers are off the ship  ?
Not sure if I want the full week pass. For those who have booked this, have you made use of it everyday ? 
Thank you. 

We always book a couples pass for the Enclave or the Thermal Suite for every cruise. For me it's relaxing and helps with my lower back which always takes a beating traveling - flying, lugging suitcases and my backpack, lifting them into and out of overhead bins, etc., etc. It may not be for everyone or with it for everyone,  but it is one of my guilty pleasures when I cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did a 10-day on Enchanted. $300 for both of us.

When you walk up to the front spa desk, they can see on their device who you are and that you have access. We were given a waterproof wristband with a locker number and an old fashioned cruise card to open the Enclave door.

Enchanted Enclave had the thermal pool, 12 heated loungers, four showers and three saunas, wet & dry.

We loved every moment in there.

In addition, the locker room had two very nice showers, which I preferred to our cabin shower, toilets, benches and mirrors.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 3:32 PM, fishywood said:

You must buy a pass for the entire cruise

So I am on a 16 day cruise and I bought the couples pass thru the Princess website and they only sold us a 7 day couples pass.  $210. 

Any idea what happens to us when we try to explain that to the spa ladies?