San Juan Airport to Ship Transfer

goldsmip115

Forgive me in advance for this post, but I cannot seem to find a post that I am sure I read on this board.  I am looking for reliable Large vehicle service to meet me at the airport and drive me to the ship.  I need an SUV or vehicle capable of transporting 4 large bags and two smaller ones and two passengers.  Can anyone advise or provide a link, please.  Thanks so much.

2 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Forgive me in advance for this post, but I cannot seem to find a post that I am sure I read on this board.  I am looking for reliable Large vehicle service to meet me at the airport and drive me to the ship.  I need an SUV or vehicle capable of transporting 4 large bags and two smaller ones and two passengers.  Can anyone advise or provide a link, please.  Thanks so much.

Just let the taxi scheduler at the airport know how much luggage and how many passengers you have and where you're heading. I've seen vans in the taxi queue at the airport that would accommodate what you have described. 

Edited by davekathy

There are many full size van taxi's at SJU.  It's a fixed price to the Port.  It's somewhere around $19 + $1 per bag and I think $3 airport pickup charge.  The taxi dispatcher will hand you a receipt with the price on it before you get in the taxi.

While Uber operates in San Juan they are not allowed to pickup at the airport or the port.  They can drop off but not pick up.  Lyft doesn't operate there yet.

My vote would be to just do a taxi.

The taxis at SJU are mostly "van type" vehicles, which would hold all your luggage with no problem.  However, if you want to reserve private car service I can highly recommend The Limo People.  Their website is www.thelimopeople.co and the owner's name is Gabriel and his phone number is 787-579-3232.  He can also be contacted via email at info@thelimopeople.co

I've used them several times and they are excellent - very clean SUV's and super nice drivers.   I've also seen where other folks on Cruise Critic have used them.  They are, however, a bit more expensive than taxi service.

Taxi is your best bet.  Reliable, reasonable price, air conditioned, picks you up right outside the airport, and goes when you are ready.

One year Celebrity provided free shuttle transfers from the airport to the ship, so we used their shuttle. 

Celebrity agents holding signs met us inside the airport and assembled us into a group, keeping us waiting there for close to a half hour until the group was complete.  So we thought they were going to pull their bus right up to the terminal to pick us up.  But we were wrong.

Instead, we all needed to haul our own luggage over to their bus, which was parked a couple of blocks away.

It was a very hot, sunny, humid day and we were drenched in sweat by the time we got the luggage over there.  Then we had to wait until they filled the bus before it would depart.

Even if they should ever offer us free shuttle transportation again, I would rather pay and take a taxi.

Edited by varoo

22 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

There are many full size van taxi's at SJU.  It's a fixed price to the Port.  It's somewhere around $19 + $1 per bag and I think $3 airport pickup charge.  The taxi dispatcher will hand you a receipt with the price on it before you get in the taxi.

While Uber operates in San Juan they are not allowed to pickup at the airport or the port.  They can drop off but not pick up.  Lyft doesn't operate there yet.

My vote would be to just do a taxi.

Uber does pick up at the port. We have used Uber several times in the past 6 months from the San Juan port. We had no problem getting an Uber XL within minutes.  The taxi people will tell you that Uber is not allowed.  Actually a security guard at the port also told us this. Not true!

When you exit the

port building, turn to your right and the Uber pick up is basically behind the port building   

Good luck