Wine for single traveler

seattlecruiser

I am traveling as a single on a back to back under two different booking numbers.  How many bottles of wine will I be allowed to take on board without paying a  corkage fee?   One..and I would have to buy the other one on turnaround day?  Two...since I am traveling as a single and paid two fares?   Four...since I am traveling as a single and doing two cruises?

We have done back to back cruises and were allowed to bring 4 bottles on. 1 bottle each passenger  per cruise. We did need to show our boarding pass for the second cruise to get permission for the third and fourth wine bottles. I believe it is ONE PER PERSON, PER CRUISE, not 2 (or more depending on the occupancy of the room) per cabin.

Multiple people have reported that, when taking a B2B, they were allowed to take the full complement of wine aboard at embarkation to cover both legs of the cruise. As for being solo - they "should" allow you twice the allowance but don't count on it. Double portion to accommodate the B2B may well only allow 2 bottles at embarkation. However, Princess really doesn't seem to have a problem with bringing more wine aboard at a port stop so I'd suggest just planning to purchase more in port. You can also purchase liquor on the first leg of the cruise that should be delivered to your stateroom the last night of that "cruise" and you will have it available in cabin for the second leg of your cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seattlecruiser said:

I am traveling as a single on a back to back under two different booking numbers.  How many bottles of wine will I be allowed to take on board without paying a  corkage fee?   One..and I would have to buy the other one on turnaround day?  Two...since I am traveling as a single and paid two fares?   Four...since I am traveling as a single and doing two cruises?

I assume you realize that any bottles you bring on without paying the corkage fee will still have a corkage fee charged if you bring one of these bottles to a dining room. No fee only if you consume it (or at least only pour from it into a glass) in your cabin.

During the European cruises...We usually bring 2 bottles on board at each port. We leave them in the room  and bring a glass of wine to dinner.  At some ports we just walk over to a local grocery store and pick up a bottle or 2...some local wine is wonderful.🤗 We have been Elite for over 10 yrs and have been doing this for even longer than that. No one has ever stopped us or questioned us.  We have never brought a bottle to the table and usually have little wine parties in the cabin or on the back deck in which people just bring their glasses and we have the wine.😎

It is a per person rule which means 1 x 750ml per person is allowed for use in your cabin. 

People have reported that if you bring along both boarding passes they will allow you to carry on 1 bottle for each voyage. Give it a try you are only risking $15, and you can then get another free bottle on turn around day.

As others have pointed out if you bring these free bottles to the DR or any public area you will be charged the $15 corkage.

22 minutes ago, skynight said:

It is a per person rule which means 1 x 750ml per person is allowed for use in your cabin. 

People have reported that if you bring along both boarding passes they will allow you to carry on 1 bottle for each voyage. Give it a try you are only risking $15, and you can then get another free bottle on turn around day.

As others have pointed out if you bring these free bottles to the DR or any public area you will be charged the $15 corkage.

The corkage fee is considerably less than the markup on Princess bottles especially if enjoying a nice bottle like Vueve Cliqot.  Princess lists it as over $100 while it usually goes for around $60 here.  The Mondavi, which is nothing special, retails for $25-30 and is $12 a glass and $46 per bottle, so paying corkage for me ensures I get something I like at a reasonable price.

9 hours ago, seattlecruiser said:

The policy is one per person per cruise so being solo, one for each cruise. The reality is...... it depends. Our last several cruises different itineraries, on 6 different continents. Not a word has been said, when I was intending to pay corkage ahead of time. Last month when leaving San Pedro a 15 day Hawaiian, had 3 bottles in my carry-on no comment after "xray" or when I was on shore and brought wine back. On many of the cruises a liquor check in desk is not even set up.