Ocean view cabin with floor to ceiling windows

BaltimoreCruise

On all Vista and Signature (e.g. Nieuw Amsterdam) class ships the deck 4 G/H/HH have floor-to-ceiling windows. They look just like balcony doors that don't open.  We've had a few over the years, usually on "colder" itineraries or short cruises. One we liked particularly was Eurodam 4130 which is billed as "fully obstructed" but has a surprisingly good view IMO. Go to halfacts.com and you can find lots of pictures.

I don't believe there are any on the Pinnacle (e.g. Nieuw Statendam) class ships.  On the Vista ships there are a couple without a lifeboat in front of them: D4121 and D4122. See http://halfacts.com/vista-class/4121-westerdam/

Edited by catl331

Having sailed on a bunch of Dam ships (NoorDam, AmsterDam, Westerdam, EuroDam, and so on) in a variety of staterooms, I have found floor to ceiling windows in Vista Suites, Balcony Suites, Signature Suites, Neptune Suites and Pinnacle Suites, usually with one being the door to the balcony.  I have not seen any HAL ships with floor to ceiling windows that don't access a balcony, but have yet to sail on the Pinnacle Class ships.  A quick Google Image search shows that they all have balconies outside their floor to ceiling windows.  It is true that some of the obstructed window cabins on the Vista and older classes of ships have floor to ceiling windows. . . . but no balcony.  Again, a nice view of the lifeboats, the workers servicing them and some good "light" filtering in.

hope this helps. . . . . Happy Sailing!

Edited by OhioLair

42 minutes ago, myjillian said:

It makes a beautiful cabin..obstructed view or not.

Indeed, and who spends THAT much time in their cabin anyways 😉 except for the "necessities" of life, LOL!    A balcony is nice, but a grand or two to spend otherwise is nice too.. .. .. ..

1 hour ago, OhioLair said:

It is true that some of the obstructed window cabins on the Vista and older classes of ships have floor to ceiling windows. . . . but no balcony.

"Some" being 68 on each of the four Vista class and 74 on the two Signature class. As I said, all of the G/H/HH cabins, and two D cabins on the Vistas. There are none on the Pinnacle ships.

Edited by catl331

25 minutes ago, catl331 said:

"Some" being 68 on each of the four Vista class and 74 on the two Signature class. As I said, all of the G/H/HH cabins, and two D cabins on the Vistas. There are none on the Pinnacle ships.

oh so true Dear Cat, so true!  Happy Sailing!

1 hour ago, OhioLair said:

Indeed, and who spends THAT much time in their cabin anyways 😉 except for the "necessities" of life, LOL!    A balcony is nice, but a grand or two to spend otherwise is nice too.. .. .. ..

Touche" LOL

I have enjoyed a Deck 4 G category with a partial sea view stateroom.  The partial sea view was looking between the davits/equipment of two lifeboats, looking down onto Deck 3, with some sky view.  Had the lifeboat been a tender, I think my view would have been a bit more restricted due to the size of the boat.  The stateroom appeared larger than a standard veranda stateroom.  I enjoyed it!  I have booked a HH stateroom on the Westerdam for July expecting my view will be more obstructed.  

1 hour ago, catl331 said:

We were on the Koningsdam a few weeks ago and the N. Statendam was beside us.  I may be mistaken but I believe I saw three "floor to ceiling" glass windows.  I wouldn't have seen them except the life boat was lowered and I was surprised to see the full glass.  Can someone confirm if I was dreaming???

We were in 4035 on the Koningsdam recently. I am pretty sure that the 2 rooms adjacent towards the stern were OVs with floor to ceiling windows (E4037, E4038, E4039, and E4040). The next rooms (VH4041 and 4042) are actually verandahs with floor to ceiling windows facing port or starboard and the doors to the verandahs facing the stern. The NS has the same arrangement.

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

I am pretty sure that the 2 rooms adjacent towards the stern were OVs with floor to ceiling windows (E4037, E4038, E4039, and E4040).

I stand corrected! The deck plans have a kind of "curvy diamond" symbol for those four cabins and the legend states "Floor-to-ceiling windows". My apologies.  😕

izx4ki.jpg

Edited by catl331

4 hours ago, colonialinnkeeper said:

I may be mistaken but I believe I saw three "floor to ceiling" glass windows. 

Only the four E cabins mentioned above are marked as F-t-C on the deck plans, and there are just two on each side of the ship, so ???   However, all balcony cabins have them, and you may have been looking at three of them thinking they were OVs.  Or maybe two were the E's and the third was the VH next to them.

Edited by catl331

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Obstructed view cabin 4104 with floor to ceiling windows on the Oosterdam:

Hi ger_77. Was this photo taken when the tender was down in the water? Thanks.

Edited by colbe

4 hours ago, colbe said:

Any suggestions for a good 'G' cabin on Westerdam? (The 'D' are taken.)

Thank you.

I would choose one between lifeboats forward of midship rather than between tenders in the aft section. Go on halfacts.com and see if there's any pics for 4063, 4064, 4071,4072, 4079, 4080, 4087, or 4088.

18 minutes ago, colbe said:

Hi ger_77. Was this photo taken when the tender was down in the water? Thanks.

I'll answer for him: yes, it was. You can see the cables that hold the tender hanging down. If it was still up the window would be almost fully blocked.

Edited by catl331