Favorite excursions in St Thomas and St Martin?

Mishale

Hi,

This is my first post, so if I’ve posted on the wrong board, my apologies.

We are taking the Western Caribbean tour next month and haven’t picked excursions yet.

Princess Cays will be a beach day. 

I’m not sure what to do in St Thomas or St Martin.

We’d like one day to be a beach day and one with an activity.

What are your favorite excursions in St Thomas and St Martin?

Thanks!

Michelle 

6 minutes ago, Mishale said:

Hi,

This is my first post, so if I’ve posted on the wrong board, my apologies.

No worries.  We were all new once.  

Below the last post in a thread, (which is currently mine), scroll down until you see all of the social media icons (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).  Immediately below that you will see a box that says "Forum Jump" followed by a drop-down box with "Princess Cruises" in the box.   Click on the drop-down box and scroll down until you see "Ports of Call" and select that.  Then, scroll down until you find "Caribbean". Within that category each port of call has its own forum.  That is the best (and preferred) place to ask questions about ports, activities, tours, etc.  

Edited by JimmyVWine

Thank you!  I just reposted it and will delete my post here. I appreciate your help.

10 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

No worries.  We were all new once.  

Below the last post in a thread, (which is currently mine), scroll down until you see all of the social media icons (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).  Immediately below that you will see a box that says "Forum Jump" followed by a drop-down box with "Princess Cruises" in the box.   Click on the drop-down box and scroll down until you see "Ports of Call" and select that.  Then, scroll down until you find "Caribbean". Within that category each port of call has its own forum.  That is the best (and preferred) place to ask questions about ports, activities, tours, etc.  

You mention taking Western route, but your islands are Eastern.  Just wanted to make sure you were looking at right itinerary.

St. Marteen -  I've done the Golden Eagle catamaran.  It's a fun half day excursion

St. Thomas - Coki beach is nice.  

St Thomas has many beaches that are easily accessible and with facilities available.  They differ in how busy they can get as well as quality of snorkeling, etc.  We like Megan’s but it is not a good snorkeling beach.   As noted above Coki is also popular for cruisers, but there are a half dozen others as well. 

You do not say you if you are planning on only doing ship’s tours or if you are up to DIY. If the latter, getting to most of the popular beaches is quite easy off the ship.

In St. Maarten, use Bernard's Tours.  You get a nice overview of the island and get to stop at Marigot Bay (very pretty to see and incredible French bakeries), Orient Beach and Maho beach to see the planes.  Mailman is a great tour guide and makes a very good Rum Punch.

It is the SMX Island Tour II.

We have taken this tour twice and scheduled again in Dec.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...