Explorer suite pictures/layout vs Splendor suite on rssc.com

Coconutguy

We are excited to sail on the Splendor next March from San Diego to Miami. We selected our suite (920) when the cruise was going to be on the Explorer. Happy to be transferred to the new ship. It was my understanding that The Explorer suites/Splendor suites were the same and were not reduced in size or changed in layout on the new ship. My question is based on looking at the website and seeing what look to be a much smaller suite depicted as a Splendor suite vs the Explorer. In the Splendor pictures, It looks like the living/dining area is a long rectangle with a single patio door to the balcony. There is no floor plan yet posted. On the Explorer, the living area is a bigger, is a square with a foyer and with a half bath off the front foyer. Here is the floor plan from the Explorer page. Note it has two patio doors to the balcony. Any one know how to determine if the layout is the same or different? We just really liked the more spacious layout and are hoping the picture is wrong.

A73F11B9-8F17-4322-8060-2F5A87FD96C8.jpeg

9D80D43E-7416-450B-9D0F-1FD8CA5256A7.jpeg

BC9807A7-3C08-437E-8110-DB11B5C71DCE.jpeg

We will be sort of neighbors on this cruise - same deck - just across the isle from each other.  Agree that the photos for Splendor look rather strange compared to Explorer.  Hoping that the suite is as lovely as on Explorer (our favorite ship).

Hope they are the same, except for the big grey chair.  I think we get on Splendor when you get off.  We get on in Miami, cruising to New York and staying on to Barcelona.  We couldn't get the same suite so we have to move in New York.  But we'll get two different lay-outs of the same suite to try out.  No big deal, Regent is watching just in case someone cancels to keep us in the same suite.  

The top photo is a Seven Seas Suite on Explorer - we stayed in that Suite on our last cruise, or one exactly like it.  I'm certainly hoping that the Splendor Suites follow the layout of the Explorer Suites --

33 minutes ago, Eno-Bob said:

The top photo is a Seven Seas Suite on Explorer - we stayed in that Suite on our last cruise, or one exactly like it.  I'm certainly hoping that the Splendor Suites follow the layout of the Explorer Suites --

We must note that the top picture (actually more of an artist's rendering) is of the proposed Splendor Suite.  The bottom photo is a Seven Seas/Explorer Suite configuration.  We have stayed in and enjoyed an Explorer Suite but are not smitten with what seems to be the new Splendor Suites (the living/dining area looks like a shoebox).

From the Regent site the Seven Seas Suite is listed as  10m2  (about 107 square feet) smaller than the Explorer Suite.  But the photos are confusing and there are no layouts yet for the Splendour.  Wish there were...

RonRick - wasn't that "big grey chair" in your Grand Suite on Explorer? I remember you saying that once you sat down on it you could not get up again!!   Grand Suite is larger than the Explorer/Splendour suites...   We are in 785 on the Splendour which is a Grand Suite and we are crossing our fingers that the "offending chair" is not there!!

CoconutGuy - looking forward to meeting you on the Splendour as we sail from San Diego!!

Thanks to all who responded. Looking forward very much to meeting those who are traveling at the same time. My TA has not yet responded but I hope can shed some light on the floor plan. We appreciate the cruise community being so responsive and supportive. Even though we travel extensively, this is my first cruise ship experience and I am so looking forward to the ship, the passengers and crew. We wanted to host a small gathering of new friends for cocktails one night and the bigger living room/balcony of the explorer suite would seem perfect for 6-8 people to gather. should have gone with my gut originally and gotten the Grand suite but didn’t need the extra full bath.  

Oh wait Bill, you mean I actually have to pay for the suite!!!?  🙀 Rats. Betting the old “dine and dash” scheme won’t work at sea. Seriously though, we are lucky to be able to do this trip and we know it. A very late 30th Anniversary present to ourselves. As my DW says we are spending our children’s inheritance. Not a bad strategy since we don’t have any. 

14 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

From the Regent site the Seven Seas Suite is listed as  10m2  (about 107 square feet) smaller than the Explorer Suite.  But the photos are confusing and there are no layouts yet for the Splendour.  

Do remember that Seven Seas Suites 701, 702, 801 and 802 on the Explorer only have one bathroom while the rest in that category have an additional half bath.

2 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

I would rather be in an F2 than a PH on Explorer.  The F2's are amazing!

We LOVED our F2 on our recent Explorer cruise. It was roomy enough, large bathroom with separate shower and tub, walk-in closet, great storage, and loved the way the bed faced out towards the sea. 

3 minutes ago, Carol From California said:

We LOVED our F2 on our recent Explorer cruise. It was roomy enough, large bathroom with separate shower and tub, walk-in closet, great storage, and loved the way the bed faced out towards the sea. 

Glad that you enjoyed it as much as we did!

We found the F2 fine but we like the Voyager standard suite better. I didn’t care for the facing balcony  door because of the wall between the door and the window seems to bifurcate the view.

The bathroom is very good. The closet didn’t feel really any different from the Voyager. It was not noticeable to me.

It also seems crowded in the area from the bed to the bathroom.

The Mariner Penthouse is absolutely wonderful and to us worth the extra amount of money from the standard room. We are in the Grand Suite for our next cruise, not because of any discontent with the Penthouse but for other reasons.

15 hours ago, Coconutguy said:

Betting the old “dine and dash” scheme won’t work at sea. Seriously though, we are lucky to be able to do this trip and we know it. A very late 30th Anniversary present to ourselves. As my DW says we are spending our children’s inheritance. Not a bad strategy since we don’t have any. 

The "dine and dash" is out...but maybe you could do a "pigout and paddle" or something...a "stuff and swim" perhaps?  "Dine and dive"?  "Splurge and splash"?  Lots of choices.   :classic_tongue:

And I know all about spending the children's inheritance - and we have two!  Hahahaha!

On 4/24/2019 at 2:20 AM, Hambagahle said:

From the Regent site the Seven Seas Suite is listed as  10m2  (about 107 square feet) smaller than the Explorer Suite.  But the photos are confusing and there are no layouts yet for the Splendour.  Wish there were...

RonRick - wasn't that "big grey chair" in your Grand Suite on Explorer? I remember you saying that once you sat down on it you could not get up again!!   Grand Suite is larger than the Explorer/Splendour suites...   We are in 785 on the Splendour which is a Grand Suite and we are crossing our fingers that the "offending chair" is not there!!

CoconutGuy - looking forward to meeting you on the Splendour as we sail from San Diego!!

Yes it was, and took up a lot of room.

13 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

The "dine and dash" is out...but maybe you could do a "pigout and paddle" or something...a "stuff and swim" perhaps?  "Dine and dive"?  "Splurge and splash"?  Lots of choices.   :classic_tongue:

And I know all about spending the children's inheritance - and we have two!  Hahahaha!

I always say if you don't enjoy it, they will---so spend it all.

• Like 1

Just sailed on Explorer two weeks ago. Had a PH suite. Absolutely loved everything about it. 

Last year, sailed in a F2. Lovely cabin, but enjoyed the PH much more. Would always choose PH over F2. Sometimes price differential and itinerary has an influence over my decision. 

Sheila

9 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Just sailed on Explorer two weeks ago. Had a PH suite. Absolutely loved everything about it. 

Last year, sailed in a F2. Lovely cabin, but enjoyed the PH much more. Would always choose PH over F2. Sometimes price differential and itinerary has an influence over my decision. 

Sheila

Different strokes I guess.  I feel that the closet is too small in the PH suites on Explorer and, if I remember correctly, there wasn't a desk.   

4 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Different strokes I guess.  I feel that the closet is too small in the PH suites on Explorer and, if I remember correctly, there wasn't a desk.   

Yes, the closet was just adequate. However, loved having two separate rooms, two TVs, a breakfast table, a fabulous shower with 6 jets and rain shower, a butler and a make up table/ desk. Far surpasses Superior suite. Smaller than Explorer Suite. We have sailed in both. You get what you pay for. 

BTW- the new PH suite on the Splendor looks very disappointing. Who wants one entry to the closet in the foyer, the other in the rear of the bathroom? Very bad design in order to satisfy those who complained about the size of the closet. 

We have two booked already. Not sure we will be happy. 

Sheila