Unlimited internet

Gordoncruickshank

I suspect we are likely to need this for our cruise. We will be discoverer plus so we seem to get 120 minutes which can be switched for a credit of $130 against the unlimited package. We also has 230 minutes each with the cabin. Can that also be offset against the unlimited package? If so how much is it in value terms. I have scoured the web site but have not found an answer. 

The cruise is 17 nights long and 350 minutes will not last long so we will need the unlimited package as I always have some work to do while I am away.

You can only offset once. Your suite allowance usually gives $150 credit A 17 night cruise usually sells the package for $340 so you will pay $190 for an unlimited package one device logged on at a time 

No you can only apply the allowance against the whole cruise package-not pro rated.  well certainly that’s how it’s been to date 

Edited by uktog

That’s what I understand too, uktog.

If you both want to be able to use WiFi at the same time one of you could use their suite allowance against a whole cruise package and the other use their free WiFi minutes until it runs out. After that they would have to either buy minutes at $19.95 for 60 minutes or day passes at $29.95 a day.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:49 PM, uktog said:

A 17 night cruise usually sells the package for $340 so you will pay $190 for an unlimited package one device logged on at a time 

@uktog

Could you explain a bit more about the unlimited internet package, specifically your statement "one device logged on at a time"?

On an upcoming cruise, we have "Free Unlimited Internet" by virtue of Azamara's recent Set Sale promotion. The fine print in the Ts and Cs indicates 'one device per package'.  So I'm wondering if only one of our devices will be able to obtain the unlimited access during the trip.  We travel with a number of devices.  Will I be able to log on with my iPhone in the morning, and then my wife can log on with her iPad in the evening?  I can well imagine that they limit internet access to one user at a time. If their system is truly set up to only allow one device to access the internet for the duration of the voyage, one of us is going to be disappointed. And I know who that someone will be...  (Happy Wife, Happy Life).

Thanks for any insights you can share. Forewarned is forearmed.

• 3 weeks later...

On our recent cruise in March, we had the opportunity to convert our Discoverer + WiFi entitlements into a $130 credit that could still be exercised on the 3rd day of the cruise. This meant that we used one of our entitlements (we each had one) for the first two days and then cashed in the other towards the full cruise package. It saved us a further $40 for doing so.

Edited by Shazaam
correction
  • Like 1

Disconnect?  We were hesitant, but it worked out fine.  Just off a cruise that sold Wifi at outrageous rates. We chose not to buy it. Instead we just checked email in port. There are many free places to get free wifi.  Terminals often have free wifi. If your cabin is close to the terminal, you may be able to connect on the ship. We did.  Also, your mobile carrier may have a plan to use.  AT&T has the $10 day plan for many European countries,,,,unlimited talk, text, and wifi on land.  There are other fees for on the ship.  It was really ok not to be constantly connected.

We are just off Quest and the internet was the worst I've experienced in 5 cruises on her. For two days, the Insider noted that it was "slower than usual." It wasn't working at all. Then it was "back to normal," which was so bad that I could even log on most of the times I tried it. Thank goodness we were in port daily and have T-Mobile, with free data in many, many countries.

We all had a good laugh when the new promotion for free Wifi came out. Is "one per package" one per stateroom? If so, that's ridiculous, IMO.