Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Just now, davidrlewis2302 said:

And they can’t do any of this in Turku because they’re building more cruise ships in the dry dock there - including Star of the Seas. 

The assembly of the Star of the Seas will start in this month. The FERU will arrive at the shipyard tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Is that only 4 terminals at guest services at 4:45 mark on the video. That is half the Oasis class terminals, unless I am missing something there. 

Does seem like that. Bet there'll be a real push on Icon to do everything you can via the app, thus they think they can half the size of guest services.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Ship is nowhere near sold out for the maiden voyage Jan. 27!  Just mock booked a balcony guarantee for 2 peeps at $4,906.98.  Exactly double what we paid for our inside accessible.  But there tons of cabins left in all categories.  Wonder if they'll keep going down for this sailing?

See you on board.  There are a bunch of us from here.  We'll be starting a semi live thread, please join in and post.

While there are lots of balconies available Roylad did close all insides and Oceanviws last week..

We did a balcony gty, assigned a large balcony and then I switched it to an aft facing lg balcony on deck 12

• Like 5

Those are good prices for the balcony these days. i did not see that when i looked.  Two questions:  1.  If you book a guarantee and are not happy with it, can you then change the room if there is one available?

2.  Off topic, but does anyone know what differences we might see from Icon to Star?

thx,

1 minute ago, topanga49er said:

Those are good prices for the balcony these days. i did not see that when i looked.  Two questions:  1.  If you book a guarantee and are not happy with it, can you then change the room if there is one available?

2.  Off topic, but does anyone know what differences we might see from Icon to Star?

thx,

1) Should be able to move within same category after your stateroom has been assigned.

2) My guesses are:

Bridge wing access will be available

They may make Star one foot longer

Add a few staterooms.

Hello Gorgeous!  A big disappointment for me is the whale is not hung over Pearl Cafe like the original mockup showed...I loved that whale!  And that they chose to do the cheap version of the Sphere for the Pearl...that had so much potential!  I would've loved it to have the ability to show film of ports and ship schedules,  Day of notices etc.  Not complaining but they wouldve been cool.

Thanks @Newcruiser

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Hello Gorgeous!  A big disappointment for me is the whale is not hung over Pearl Cafe like the original mockup showed...I loved that whale!  And that they chose to do the cheap version of the Sphere for the Pearl...that had so much potential!  I would've loved it to have the ability to show film of ports and ship schedules,  Day of notices etc.  Not complaining but they wouldve been cool.

Thanks @Newcruiser

Is that (the whale) not what they are working on at 37 seconds?

6 minutes ago, ISHOULDABENAPIRATE said:

OH!  I see it...hope so!!  I'm a ships artwork freak.  I take pics of every deck and Royal does it so well...so I couldn't wait to see it!

Edited by BecciBoo

13 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Remember when people said she'd never be ready in time!  🤣

It was not completed on time,  as the quote  below did not happen

Micheal Bayley stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship.

8 minutes ago, ISHOULDABENAPIRATE said:

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

OH!  I see it...hope so!!  I'm a ships artwork freak.  I take pics of every deck and Royal does it so well...so I couldn't wait to see it!

I hope so!! I forgot about that whale!

icon-of-the-seas-pearl-cafe-whale.thumb.webp.084c8caf6dce84d5943d7dbdbb6fd5fc.webp

9 minutes ago, sowhat said:

It was not completed on time,  as the quote  below did not happen

Micheal Bayley stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship.

Irrelevant. She WILL be in Miami and ready to sail by her inaugural Jan. 27th. That's what we were talking about way back in October last year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Thanks @Newcruiser

I'm hoping that Royal is holding back on showing the Pearl's true abilities. Otherwise, in my opinion, it'll be a big waste of space. 

2 hours ago, Newcruiser215 said:

I'm hoping that Royal is holding back on showing the Pearl's true abilities. Otherwise, in my opinion, it'll be a big waste of space. 

I was under the impression that it was for some sort of structural integrity since the Promenade was opened up to the outside. However, every time I see it.. including this video, I cannot tell where anything is attached to it to provide structural support. I will have to wait to see in person I guess. 

1 hour ago, LHMF said:

Does anyone noticed the dry slide on sixteen deck that let you all the way down to deck eight? Any information on that ride?

They are two different slides, both of which only actually go down one deck.

One is on the pool deck, next to Lime and Coconut, which goes from deck 16 to 15. The other is in Surfside, which goes from deck 8 to 7. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

I was under the impression that it was for some sort of structural integrity since the Promenade was opened up to the outside. However, every time I see it.. including this video, I cannot tell where anything is attached to it to provide structural support. I will have to wait to see in person I guess. 

At the 0:43 mark in the video you can see the support beams coming out of the top of the Pearl. 

Still, I'm underwhelmed by the Pearl also. Was hoping for much more than a glorified staircase. 

39 minutes ago, Fairsky84 said:

At the 0:43 mark in the video you can see the support beams coming out of the top of the Pearl. 

Still, I'm underwhelmed by the Pearl also. Was hoping for much more than a glorified staircase. 

Thanks. You know I saw that in the past but it appeared to me that it was behind the Pearl instead of attached. Now that I stopped the video, I see what you pointed out. Thank you

That video was a good one, but I kept finding myself yelling at the monitor... Slow down!! LOL 🤣

2 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Thanks. You know I saw that in the past but it appeared to me that it was behind the Pearl instead of attached. Now that I stopped the video, I see what you pointed out. Thank you

That video was a good one, but I kept finding myself yelling at the monitor... Slow down!! LOL 🤣

Go to settings and change playback speed to .25