Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

21 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Untitled-2.jpg.a6c8e2e8c908ad708bdac9c7afbaf437.jpg

Off topic, I know, but Grace Hopper was an amazing human being.  As a retired US Air Force computer programmer, her pioneering developments in the computer field were without match.  I do believe that without her development of a conversational style of computer programming language (COBOL), only advanced mathematicians would be able to code computer processes. Her contributions help lead to the computerized world we now live in.  Her life story is an interesting read.  Now, back to Icon.....      

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I noticed Erika from America's vids, the one I posted, was published on You Tube on the Royal Caribbean channel so she had to have been under their auspices whilst Chris' was not.  I think her posts were considered PR.  That's my guess anyways. What difference does it really make anyway.  Full disclosure.......wouldn't hurt a thing.  I already knew this ship was going to blow everyone away.  And...there will always be naysayers...that's life.  For me, it'll be a very long wait with many You Tube vids  between now and our Sept. booking...

• Like 4

We have a booking for September and decided to jump on early also...so we got a great deal on Christmas day for March 2nd and pulled the trigger.  Just couldn't wait!!! Now after seeing these videos on here....we are super excited.  

On a side note...I cannot believe how much the suite prices have gone up since we booked last year.  We booked a corner sunset suite...the largest size one they have...that room is now $15,000 per person.  That is just stupid...stupid...stupid.  Over 2x the price we paid!! 

• Like 2

We also jumped last minute on a "group rate" in June for $3k Balcony All in.  Couldn't wait until our March 2025 original sailiing for senior year w kids.   Usually travel in at least JS for the C&A points, but couldn't pass this up and it's our 21st Anniversary!  (20th Anniversary. DH chose for his knee replacement surgery🤦🏻‍♀️. )

So we still have six months, but will be all over those inaugural videos and can scope it out for the family trip!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I noticed Erika from America's vids, the one I posted, was published on You Tube on the Royal Caribbean channel so she had to have been under their auspices whilst Chris' was not.  I think her posts were considered PR.  That's my guess anyways. What difference does it really make anyway.  Full disclosure.......wouldn't hurt a thing.  I already knew this ship was going to blow everyone away.  And...there will always be naysayers...that's life.  For me, it'll be a very long wait with many You Tube vids  between now and our Sept. booking...

I follow her on Tiktok - she is part of Royal’s official social media team, so what she posts has been vetted.

20 hours ago, Sail2k said:

On a side note...I cannot believe how much the suite prices have gone up since we booked last year.  We booked a corner sunset suite...the largest size one they have...that room is now $15,000 per person.  That is just stupid...stupid...stupid.  Over 2x the price we paid!! 

Yep, our Icon cruise that we booked way back in October of 2022 for March of 2023 (in 10 weeks 🙂) is up nearly 3 fold. A 300% increase! Insanity! I would've never paid that much! We paid $7k total for one balcony room and one "spacious" interior room for 4 people total (2 per room). Last time I checked, the price was over $20k! I mean, c'mon man! 😳

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mramella said:

Yep, our Icon cruise that we booked way back in October of 2022 for March of 2023 (in 10 weeks 🙂) is up nearly 3 fold. A 300% increase! Insanity! I would've never paid that much! We paid $7k total for one balcony room and one "spacious" interior room for 4 people total (2 per room). Last time I checked, the price was over $20k! I mean, c'mon man! 😳

Let face it, there is another thread on CC that talks about insane prices all over Royal, not just this new ship. Great if the can get it. I love other people spending

their money.  I'm not spending mine.    My TA is doing good so far.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NanaPam00 said:

I follow her on Tiktok - she is part of Royal’s official social media team, so what she posts has been vetted.

And she's not posting things to give a sneak peek at anything.  They're still holding back a few surprises.  (Crew mom here who can't get her own kid to send me secrets)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, soremekun said:

I wonder if the $90 charge includes a picture or video?

90 USD, we all know there will be lots of very silly people that will pay that amount of money. Look at all those who pay silly money for coco kay and the private beds on sea days.....Then again if you can afford it then its up to you. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nathan Graveson said:

There will be a 3 Night Preview Voyage from PortMiami on the 23rd January 2023, this will be for media and special guests.

This is the same day the ship will be Christened by Lionel Messi, the Icon of Icon.

IconoftheSeasSide.thumb.webp.bdce37e6acbef336032514976b7668d4.webp

There are two 3 night media/TA preview sailings, the first one is  20th to 23rd and before that there are two, 2 night shakedown sailings for Royal Caribbean employees. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1