Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

4 minutes ago, eroller said:

At South Point Park now waiting on ICON.  My video of FREEDOM departing.  Not sure why it’s in Miami now and departing at such an odd time.  

I can see and hear the drone.  

Hi Ernie! She had an emergency medical drop off, caused a bit of an issue when Scarlet Lady arrived to dock and they had to pass each other mid-channel at the cruise terminals as Freedom exited. 

3 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

Hi Ernie! She had an emergency medical drop off, caused a bit of an issue when Scarlet Lady arrived to dock and they had to pass each other mid-channel at the cruise terminals as Freedom exited. 

Screen grabs from around 550am this morning 

IMG_2703.png

IMG_2704.png

IMG_3384.png

8 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I was driving down MacArthur Cswy when they were passing one another down Government Cut. Very odd to see.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, davidrlewis2302 said:

The people running this camera have a drone out at the harbor entrance with a live feed - some incredible shots of Freedom leaving right now!

That drone coverage was pretty incredible. 

Edited by GimmeOcean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dmwnc1959 said:

and they had to pass each other mid-channel at the cruise terminals as Freedom exited.

1 hour ago, eroller said:

Very odd to see.

I sailed from Miami in 2022, my ship started sailing East as the previous ship that used the turning basin was sailing West, passing in the channel.  I guess it's unusual, but not out of the question...

41 minutes ago, hallux said:

I sailed from Miami in 2022, my ship started sailing East as the previous ship that used the turning basin was sailing West, passing in the channel.  I guess it's unusual, but not out of the question...

Oops, I had the directions wrong, but you get the picture...

• Haha 1

Well that was exciting!  Been watching since 6:00.  Got to see just where I want to be at sailaway!  I was holding my breath in the basin, she just looked so big, but since Symphony turns there all the time...no sweat!  Now to go check out all the vids on You Tube, have a nice day ya'll!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got up to watch the arrival, and am quite impressed with what I saw. It looked much better than the aerial views I've previously seen. Unfortunately, the pricing leaves me out, but I can't wait to see a complete tour of the ship.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Current drone vid on Royal Caribbean you tube is awesome.  Rover looks to be around 4 months old based on our dog.  So still a puppy!  Based on the Crown Edge video here, they'll have to rethink the upcharge!  No better than the Zip Line!  I bet it ends up being free.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Newcruiser215 said:

Stupid question. Is she just going to sit there until the media cruise? 

I think Chris Wong just stated that the leadership conference will leave tomorrow for the first 2 day cruise, then the IT cruise will be after that which is also 2 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1