Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

4 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

I think Chris Wong just stated that the leadership conference will leave tomorrow for the first 2 day cruise, then the IT cruise will be after that which is also 2 days.

Schedule is as follows: 

Jan 10-11 Miami

Jan 11-13 2 night leadership conference

Jan 13-16 1st shakedown cruise

Jan 16-19 2nd shakedown cruise

Jan 19-20 Miami

Jan 20-23 1st Media trade event preview cruise 

Jan 23-26 2nd Media trade event preview cruise/naming ceremony

Jan 27-Feb 3 Maiden 7night voyage

• Like 5

…and another really great drone video of ICON arriving this morning, it’s only 2m49s long. I think WOW came out of my mouth a few times watching this.. 

😎

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, calvink669 said:

Schedule is as follows: 

Jan 10-11 Miami

Jan 11-13 2 night leadership conference

Jan 13-16 1st shakedown cruise

Jan 16-19 2nd shakedown cruise

Jan 19-20 Miami

Jan 20-23 1st Media trade event preview cruise 

Jan 23-26 2nd Media trade event preview cruise/naming ceremony

Jan 27-Feb 3 Maiden 7night voyage

Well navigational team will get good at turning the ship.

and somewhere in that schedule a new master captain will relieve the current captain.

also lots of chances to photograph the ship coming and going

getting ready to pay my final bill for my May trip. Yippee

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Newcruiser215 said:

Man, this thing is massive & beautiful. 

Massive, yes. Beautiful… not so much.  It looks like a giant beluga whale with water slides strapped to its back.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Massive, yes. Beautiful… not so much.  It looks like a giant beluga whale with water slides strapped to its back.

Haha yes. I have to agree with you on that.

I think I'd be bound to say impressive too although my jury is still out as to whether that's a positive or a negative.

I'd still be interested in sailing on her though but not for a few years until the prices come out of the silly range.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Beautiful

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I think she's gorgeous.  I was worried about the bright colors, but they are more subtle than I thought...I like it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Beluga is what I thought of when I saw the Norwegian Epic for the first time.

Compared to that, Icon is down right gorgeous! At least it's a single cohesive design and doesn't look like someone just dropped a 3 story motel above the bridge

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

image.thumb.png.cdf7151726b77166ddc06545fe8e4ac3.png

Won't be the last thing not ready either. The reviews from the Maiden voyage will be fun to read 🙂

WiFi and boarding day lunch are the only reasons I would consider buying the Key so I'd be well pleased to get those for free. I do understand others have their own reasons and would undoubtedly and understandably be upset.

Edited by FionaMG
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

image.thumb.png.cdf7151726b77166ddc06545fe8e4ac3.png

Won't be the last thing not ready either. The reviews from the Maiden voyage will be fun to read 🙂

Anyone traveling without Sky or Star class on the first few sailings are going to have a real issue accessing amenities, shows, dining, venues, etc. Way too many people competing for two few resources, this cancellation of The Key is RC acknowledging that they are over committed. Maybe look into upgrading to a suite or reschedule your cruise to a later date? Wouldn't surprise me if RC has a wave of customers rescheduling after the first reviews come out. Sort of a shame they didn't limit bookings for the first couple months to ensure a positive customer experience and build some momentum. 

18 hours ago, Newcruiser215 said:

IMG_1432.thumb.png.1296ed3e2c9f44240ac2885d3c9e94c6.png

Some new additions to the Chop’s menu on Icon. 

Oh man... that Tomahawk is going to cost me some money.  I have the UDP but I just know that the temptation to pay for the upgrade is going to overwhelm me

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Tomahawk

Remember, you're paying for a hunk of just bone, never understood why peeps will pay extra when there's nothing to eat but bone.  Regular rib eye is the same meat.  Don't do it.....back away....

1 hour ago, cr2000 said:

Sort of a shame they didn't limit bookings for the first couple months to ensure a positive customer experience and build some momentum.

and raise the prices even more for those sailings...

4 hours ago, cr2000 said:

Anyone traveling without Sky or Star class on the first few sailings are going to have a real issue accessing amenities, shows, dining, venues, etc. Way too many people competing for two few resources, this cancellation of The Key is RC acknowledging that they are over committed. Maybe look into upgrading to a suite or reschedule your cruise to a later date? Wouldn't surprise me if RC has a wave of customers rescheduling after the first reviews come out. Sort of a shame they didn't limit bookings for the first couple months to ensure a positive customer experience and build some momentum. 

Regardless of how many people go on the first couple cruises, there is going to be issues to be addressed.  There is issues on cruises that have been sailing for years. Everyone should expect somethings to not go as planned, but I would imagine Royal will try extra to make up for it since they are in the spotlight, kind of like what they are doing with the Key situation.

Would imagine there would have to be severe deficiencies in the ship and its amenities that would be determined to be too difficult to resolve before their sailing to warrant cancellations.

Also find it hard to believe there will be way too many people competing for few resources, given there is more pools, activities, food venues (free and paid), than ever before.  Double occupancy is the same as oasis class, now if every cabin has max occupancy for an inaugural cruise in January maybe we will hear complaints of crowding.  

Just wanted to say thank you to Lloyd for starting on this journey four years ago!!   Been so fun following along.  Am beyond excited for views, reviews and videos!!  Our cruise on her can't get here fast enough!!

• Like 7