Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

My daughter was treated to dinner in the supper club the other night. She said the price is going to be $250, she had originally said $200, but was corrected a bit later.  The food was good, she shared entrees with a friend, so was able to sample everything.  They were greeted with champagne, and that was free flowing thru dinner, but she's not sure if that was special for them.  Overall it was a good experience, but she said the Chef's Table we did on Wonder last fall was better tasting food-wise.  

Thanks to whoever shared the new years video, i was able to find her in the crowd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NanciRDH said:

My daughter was treated to dinner in the supper club the other night. She said the price is going to be $250, she had originally said $200, but was corrected a bit later.  The food was good, she shared entrees with a friend, so was able to sample everything.  They were greeted with champagne, and that was free flowing thru dinner, but she's not sure if that was special for them.  Overall it was a good experience, but she said the Chef's Table we did on Wonder last fall was better tasting food-wise.  

Thanks to whoever shared the new years video, i was able to find her in the crowd. 

The price was $200 for us on the inaugural sailing booking it in the cruise planner.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The price was $200 for us on the inaugural sailing booking it in the cruise planner.

Im not saying anyone was wrong,  I'm just going by what she was told, we were texting between courses, she sent me foodie pics.  Maybe they'll adjust it one way or the other depending on bookings, we all know how they like to change up things.  And she didn't pay, it was a comped meal from upper management 

I haven't been in this thread in a while.  I'm excited for you folks going on the inaugural, but this ship just doesn't look appealing to me for what I like in a cruise ship.

That said - I'll wave to you folks from my ship as whichever of us leaves first is sailing by - I'm on NCL's Bliss for a Panama Canal cruise leaving on the same day the Icon inaugural is boarding, Jan 27.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

Sorry for being late to the game, and I did do a search. When is ICON supposed to arrive in Ponce? And her very first arrival into Miami? 

She is docking as I type this

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hallux said:

I haven't been in this thread in a while.  I'm excited for you folks going on the inaugural, but this ship just doesn't look appealing to me for what I like in a cruise ship.

That said - I'll wave to you folks from my ship as whichever of us leaves first is sailing by - I'm on NCL's Bliss for a Panama Canal cruise leaving on the same day the Icon inaugural is boarding, Jan 27.

I think for the most part all of these giant cruise ships have become floating theme parks, heck, yours even has a giant chunk of the outdoor space dedicated to a race track. I don’t find that appealing, same for most of NCL’s big ships. But like you said  we choose that which fits what we like in a cruise ship, correct. I cruised Anthem of the Seas a couple of years back and it was fine. But I wanted something smaller for my Panama Canal cruise, so I chose Coral Princess (which will transit the old locks) doing a 16-night full transit ‘Ocean to Ocean’ from San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale. 

With that said, I think Icon of the Seas is an absolute stunner. A truly remarkable achievement. All I can say is WOW, just…WOW. And her name fits: ICON. And she will set the standards high when it comes to future cruise ships in the vast array of offerings. But I think that, from what I’ve seen of her, she is mostly dedicated to a market I’m no longer a part of. And that’s really fine. She’ll have hundreds of thousands of very happy customers this year alone. There are plenty of fish in the sea. I’ll catch a different one. 

Can’t wait to watch her on the live cams! GO ICON! GO!!! 

😁

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 2

I think she'll fit the bill for even those of us who aren't sliding down slides, surfing or gliding around.  That's the key to her design, something for everyone.  I'm looking forward to relaxing in the Cloud 17 adults only pool, the Cove pool or Swim n Tonic pool or the Hideaway pool or the longest pool ever, Bay pool... all whilst the kiddies are safely ensconced down below in Surfside or waiting on the stairs for the slides.  I don't anticipate any kiddie interruptions to our chill up top.  And then there's the Overlook lounge up front by the Aqua Dome, just chill away watching the sea...So much to do, it may require a B2B!!  Gotta love it. 

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

A truly remarkable achievement.

I'm not questioning that at all, it truly is.

25 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

has a giant chunk of the outdoor space dedicated to a race track

Yeah, that was kind of a one-and-done for me, kind of like the bumper cars on Anthem (VERY poorly managed by the staff).  There are other features of that ship and the cruise line that I like.  Their next build is dropping the go-karts, leaving them with 5 ships with them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hallux said:

I'm not questioning that at all, it truly is.

Yeah, that was kind of a one-and-done for me, kind of like the bumper cars on Anthem (VERY poorly managed by the staff).  There are other features of that ship and the cruise line that I like.  Their next build is dropping the go-karts, leaving them with 5 ships with them.

There were a lot of things on AnthemOTS that didn’t appeal to me, so it’s a one-and-done for that class of ship too. It’s sort of why I went back to Princess. The Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise is a bucket-list item that’s been needing scratched off for decades, and the passenger capacity, itinerary, intimate ship’s spaces, and size of the ship is perfect.

After that it will all be ship-focused cruises, like @BecciBoo mentioned doing B2B cruises, and maybe never get off at the ports. That would be a perfect way to experience ICON. She is most certainly beyond extraordinary. And who knows, maybe five years down the road I’ll have a change of heart and book her for a couple of weeks. I’m sure the more I see of her, the more I’ll be tempted. But that price tag…😳 😉

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Newcruiser215 said:

Maybe it’s me, but I don’t see “World’s Largest Cruise Ship” like I do with Wonder. I don’t doubt that Icon is larger in size. It just doesn’t appear that way to me. 

I think one of the things that makes it “appear” not as large is, the view from the sides with the lifeboats on deck 5 and no ocean facing balconies on deck 6 of Icon compared to Wonder. The side profile with the ocean facing balcony cabins seem higher on Wonder but Icon has cabins as high as deck 17/18.

Is it me, or does the suite deck on Icon appear small? The pool up there looks even smaller (more like a kiddie pool). Anyone seen it in person that can comment? Seems like a real miss by Icon designers.

Edited by cr2000

2 hours ago, cr2000 said:

Is it me, or does the suite deck on Icon appear small? The pool up there looks even smaller (more like a kiddie pool). Anyone seen it in person that can comment? Seems like a real miss by Icon designers.

I also had the same thought, but I was waiting to reserve judgement until I saw more footage.  

10 hours ago, Newcruiser215 said:

Maybe it’s me, but I don’t see “World’s Largest Cruise Ship” like I do with Wonder. I don’t doubt that Icon is larger in size. It just doesn’t appear that way to me. 

I have thought this for a long time. It may be bigger GRT wise, (that may have a lot to do with the Aquadome) but physical size I question. Oasis class ships have 8 decks of balconies vs Icon's 7 decks. I would like to see them next to each other.

10 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I think one of the things that makes it “appear” not as large is, the view from the sides with the lifeboats on deck 5 and no ocean facing balconies on deck 6 of Icon compared to Wonder. The side profile with the ocean facing balcony cabins seem higher on Wonder but Icon has cabins as high as deck 17/18.

Wonder has cabins on 17 & 18 as well, in fact more cabins than Icon has.