Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

12 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Wonder has cabins on 17 & 18 as well,

Yes you are correct. Although Icon has the deck 19 space above the suites as a suite deck. Still, I get the point that both of you and @Newcruiser215 have made that Oasis class appears to look bigger. It will be interesting to see them side by side.

• Like 1

crowded.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN
ICON OF THE SEAS
ROYAL CARIBBEAN
OASIS OF THE SEAS
Class Icon Oasis
Gross Tonnage 250,800 226,838
Length 1,198 1,187
Beam/Width 216 215
Passenger Decks 18 16
Passengers (double occupancy) 5,610 5,606
Crew 2,350 2,181
Passenger to Crew Ratio 2.4 2.6
Space Ratio (tons of ship per passenger) 45 40
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, SE fla said:

Check out the life boats on the other side?

Yes. She is undergoing her first full Coast Guard safety inspections. I did see pictures on FB of her starboard side lifeboats being lowered and tested. 

17 minutes ago, SE fla said:

Check out the life boats on the other side?

If you have FB check out these pictures showing some of the starboard side lifeboats being extended and lowered into the water. 

https://www.facebook.com/100045153182928/posts/pfbid02L1KaaBgR7Sfa1Kf769h6CFn3P8WdCvtz7c8RizTwizqNWUVSRo29UdDBkMzqrh2Ll/?app=fbl

Image courtesy of Cruceros Puerto Rico FB

IMG_2367.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 3:43 PM, NanciRDH said:

My daughter was treated to dinner in the supper club the other night. She said the price is going to be $250, she had originally said $200, but was corrected a bit later.  The food was good, she shared entrees with a friend, so was able to sample everything.  They were greeted with champagne, and that was free flowing thru dinner, but she's not sure if that was special for them.  Overall it was a good experience, but she said the Chef's Table we did on Wonder last fall was better tasting food-wise.  

Thanks to whoever shared the new years video, i was able to find her in the crowd. 

November 30th 2024 sailing... currently in the cruise planner.

image.thumb.png.db338851ca96c953237f0d73ba7f78b8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if the Grand Suite has a curtain/separator between the King sleeping area and the sofabed/sitting area? It looks like there is one in the Infinite Grand Suite, but I can't tell if that's also the case for the Grand Suite. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

Interested to see how the elevator system pans out.  I tend to avoid elevators due to wait and hopping on an elevator that stops at every floor.  

We use the same elevator system in the office building I work in. It actually does help with that morning rush.

16 hours ago, SUgwoz said:

Interested to see how the elevator system pans out.  I tend to avoid elevators due to wait and hopping on an elevator that stops at every floor.  

I´ve seen those elevators on various new ships in the last view years. They do work out pretty well when you use them properly. But there are usually a lot of people entering the elevator and then being surprised that there are no buttons to push for their deck. 🤣 Sorry, but this elevator is now going to deck 9. You have to chose your deck outside on the tablet and then enter the cabin with the letter indicated on the tablet.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, SUgwoz said:

Its on the new MSC ships and works fine TBH. Still have to wait at busy periods

Last night in Ponce…

(Image courtesy of PR Infroma FB and Ciudad de Ponce FB pages)

“Thank you Ponce! The Icon of the Seas crew thanks the city for their hospitality before sailing off to Miami for the first group of passengers to enjoy the world's biggest cruise.”

IMG_2485.jpeg

• Like 4