city stay in Amsterdam-all transfers included?

atlaturne

Question-We have booked a pre cruise city stay in Amsterdam through Celebrity.

The description says it includes ALL transfers.

When I booked ,I asked for details and was told this package included all transfers,including transfer from the ship back to the airport in Amsterdam.

Recently called Celebrity and when I asked about the transfers,the agent said she would check as to what transfers were included.

When she returned to my call she now says that it does not include transfer from the ship back to the airport for the return flight.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue?I am obviously going to follow up on this.Cant find answer on Celebrity's site.

Thanks

I would also question if the transfer from airport to hotel was included.  It was not when we embarked Shanghei with a two night pre cruise hotel stay

THe only transfer which was included was from the hotel to the port

Edited by WestLakeGirl

15 hours ago, atlaturne said:

When I booked ,I asked for details and was told this package included all transfers,including transfer from the ship back to the airport in Amsterdam.

Recently called Celebrity and when I asked about the transfers,the agent said she would check as to what transfers were included.

When she returned to my call she now says that it does not include transfer from the ship back to the airport for the return flight.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue?I am obviously going to follow up on this.Cant find answer on Celebrity's site.

Thanks

You may want to check if you booked a City Stay (3 days with tours included), or a pre-cruise hotel.  

We booked a City Stay for a cruise in Australia, and all transfers were included.  Pickup at the airport was by private limo, bus from hotel to pier, and bus from pier to airport.

We also booked a City Stay for an upcoming cruise from Dublin and the booking confirmation states that the transfer from airport to hotel, hotel to pier, and pier to airport are all included,  You may want to check your booking confirmation to see if it is listed on it.

Also, when you receive your cruise documentation, it should state the same.

5 hours ago, rf52 said:

You may want to check if you booked a City Stay (3 days with tours included), or a pre-cruise hotel.  

We booked a City Stay for a cruise in Australia, and all transfers were included.  Pickup at the airport was by private limo, bus from hotel to pier, and bus from pier to airport.

We also booked a City Stay for an upcoming cruise from Dublin and the booking confirmation states that the transfer from airport to hotel, hotel to pier, and pier to airport are all included,  You may want to check your booking confirmation to see if it is listed on it.

Also, when you receive your cruise documentation, it should state the same.

Thanks for your reply. We booked the city stay with tours,just like you did.Indeed on my confirmation it states all transfers included,and specifically transfer pier to airport upon return.

Thank you so much for confirming this to me.

Also,in addition to booking confirmation,I am certain what they told me.As an attorney,if I loose this case I need my bar card taken away.

But again,thanks for confirming with your knowledge as to this specific issue.

Kindest Regards

• 9 months later...
On 4/25/2019 at 1:38 PM, atlaturne said:

Thanks

We are thinking of a pre cruise 3 day city stay in Amsterdam in June 2021 and Celebrity can;t  give me a price this for out.  Can someone give me a ballpark figure for the cost?  There three of us couples going together and will consider this.

I did a City Stay once and would never do it again.   The transfers were terribly organized and the cost was way over the top.   The City Stay prices are per person and is usually 2x or more than what you could book the same hotel yourself.   Transfer from the ship to hotels and hotels to airport are vary reasonable on your own and you will have no language problems. 

Personally I would book it myself and then arrange tours through Tours by Locals for the number of days you wish and customize it to your hearts content.

• Like 1

Amsterdam is a really easy Do it Yourself city. Really great transportation system. Easy to take the train from airport to central station and lots of hotel choices within easy walking distance. You might get a hop on bus with athe Canal  option or just get city pass for your stay. Celebrity always charges more for hotels and transportation.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Personally I would book it myself and then arrange tours through Tours by Locals for the number of days you wish and customize it to your hearts content.

I couldn't agree more. We spent three nights pre-cruise in Amsterdam last June and made all the arrangements ourselves. Far less expensive and an unlimited choice of hotels and excursions. 

We have stayed in Amsterdam twice both times we booked a house boat  right by the train station. We did the HOHO,  canal boat, booked tickets to the Anne Frank House on-line, visited the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseums and took a couple of tours outside the city.  We spend about 40% of what the city stay price.  Amsterdam as others have said is a very easy city to do on your own.