Millie's new AQUA rooms on Deck 10

Gracie115

Just booked the Millie 14 night around Japan in April 2021.  AMAZING how many categories already sold out.  We wound up booking one of the new Aqua rooms by the Spa that were installed during it's "revolutionizing"  Wondering if anyone here has seen one, been in one, has pictures of one?  Any help is appreciated!!

4 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Just booked the Millie 14 night around Japan in April 2021.  AMAZING how many categories already sold out.  We wound up booking one of the new Aqua rooms by the Spa that were installed during it's "revolutionizing"  Wondering if anyone here has seen one, been in one, has pictures of one?  Any help is appreciated!!

Does anyone know how many new Aqua cabins were added?

Wondering what affect this is having on the crowds in Blu?  We found Blu on Reflection, with the extra AQ cabins, to be very crowded, very loud, very uncomfortable, with long lines waiting to be seated.  Wondering if anyone is experiencing this on the revolutionized ship?  26 additional people in that small room is quite alot (I know, won't always be that many at once, but it was often very crowded already during peak times especially)

Edited by phoenix_dream

5 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We may be on the same cruise.  We are booked on the April 11, 2021 cruise, and I also was AMAZED and STUNNED at the limited availability.  We are also in one of the new Aqua staterooms so also are interested in feedback on the new rooms.

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

Wondering what affect this is having on the crowds in Blu?  We found Blu on Reflection, with the extra AQ cabins, to be very crowded, very loud, very uncomfortable, with long lines waiting to be seated.  Wondering if anyone is experiencing this on the revolutionized ship?  26 additional people in that small room is quite alot (I know, won't always be that many at once, but it was often very crowded already during peak times especially)

I wonder about this also.  I actually prefer both Blu and Luminae on the M-class ships over those dining venues on S-class ships.

6 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

Just got off Summit and folks tend to come early to get seated, especially by the window or with your favorite waiter so there was already a line before opening at 5:45.

Even before the changes, on our most recent cruises (Both M and S class), BLU staff said people would line up prior to opening,  We eat around 7:00 and had to get a buzzer about half the time on our Med cruise in September (didn’t ever ask to sit by the window and never did).   Perhaps they’ll limit the Suite passengers to a real “space available” status in the future. II’ve read a few posts in which people staying in Suites say they prefer to eat in BLU.  Celebrity hasn’t done much to establish BLU as only for Aqua Cabins like Luminae is only for Suites.

16 minutes ago, CYNSport said:

Even before the changes, on our most recent cruises (Both M and S class), BLU staff said people would line up prior to opening,  We eat around 7:00 and had to get a buzzer about half the time on our Med cruise in September (didn’t ever ask to sit by the window and never did).   Perhaps they’ll limit the Suite passengers to a real “space available” status in the future. II’ve read a few posts in which people staying in Suites say they prefer to eat in BLU.  Celebrity hasn’t done much to establish BLU as only for Aqua Cabins like Luminae is only for Suites.

We've always loved Blu but have been in suites the last few cruises and I can not imagine why anyone would want to switch and eat in Blu instead.  In Luminae you can order from any menu, and they will also make anything reasonable that's NOT on the menu.  (unless it's the Edge, I gather they are more restrictive in Luminae)  

The times we have eaten in Blu when in Aqua we never experienced the wait times that everyone talks about so I guess that may be a new, NOT wanted experience for us. 

55 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We may be on the same cruise.  We are booked on the April 11, 2021 cruise, and I also was AMAZED and STUNNED at the limited availability.  We are also in one of the new Aqua staterooms so also are interested in feedback on the new rooms.

Yes, that is the cruise, we have friends that are also booked in one of these rooms on the cruise too.  I don't know if you have joined yet but the roll call for this cruise is very active for a sailing nearly 2 years out.  When we were on board Silhouette last week and booked this sailing the agent told us it was one of the most sought after sailings they have right now, and I can believe that based on the number of rooms sold and the literally hair rising prices!!!  $10,300 per person for a Sky Suite is insane!!!😱😱

43 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

We've always loved Blu but have been in suites the last few cruises and I can not imagine why anyone would want to switch and eat in Blu instead.  In Luminae you can order from any menu, and they will also make anything reasonable that's NOT on the menu.  (unless it's the Edge, I gather they are more restrictive in Luminae)  

The times we have eaten in Blu when in Aqua we never experienced the wait times that everyone talks about so I guess that may be a new, NOT wanted experience for us. 

Interesting! We haven’t sailed in Suites on Celebrity, so didn’t know you could order from any menu in Luminae. Makes me wonder why Suite guests even come into BLU anymore.

6 minutes ago, CYNSport said:

Interesting! We haven’t sailed in Suites on Celebrity, so didn’t know you could order from any menu in Luminae. Makes me wonder why Suite guests even come into BLU anymore.

They are SO accommodating in Luminae I've never understood when people have said that don't like it and prefer either Blu or the MDR.  Perhaps they were unaware that the staff will do whatever they can to make you happy, you just have to ask.  As I said we love Blu too but when in a suite it's just not even entered our minds to go elsewhere and that's true for the specialty restaurants too for the most part.  We did go to Qsine this last cruise with a large group from our roll call but other than that we ate in Luminae every night. 

AND I agree about limiting Suite guests from Blu, totally unfair for an Aqua guest to wait for a table if a Suite guest is being allowed in Blu at the time. 

Edited by Gracie115

We recently experienced significant issues with suite guests eating in Blu on a Reflection cruise.  There were quite a few of them (that info gained in various ways  - from waiters, assistant waiters, overhearing conversations, etc..).  They were never turned away, even though there were lines of 8-10 people out the door waiting most of the time from 7:00ish until 8:30ish.  For whatever reason they just liked Blu better (one group claimed not liking Luminae as the people were too 'snobby'), and they were there every night, often ordering special MDR menu items which kept the waiters away from the floor for as much as 15 min at a time (this info came from the waiters).  With the additional AQ passengers being added, Celebrity really, really needs to give their staff authority to say 'no' to suite guests in these situations.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

We recently experienced significant issues with suite guests eating in Blu on a Reflection cruise.  There were quite a few of them (that info gained in various ways  - from waiters, assistant waiters, overhearing conversations, etc..).  They were never turned away, even though there were lines of 8-10 people out the door waiting most of the time from 7:00ish until 8:30ish.  For whatever reason they just liked Blu better (one group claimed not liking Luminae as the people were too 'snobby'), and they were there every night, often ordering special MDR menu items which kept the waiters away from the floor for as much as 15 min at a time (this info came from the waiters).  With the additional AQ passengers being added, Celebrity really, really needs to give their staff authority to say 'no' to suite guests in these situations.  

Agree completely!!!

I have seen Suite guests turned away from Blu when there were AQ guests waiting.  I have also been in a Suite and wanted to dine in Blu one night and we were told that they couldn’t not accommodate us on that evening.  So some ships they are enforcing the “space available”.

• Like 1

Just off the ship in Japan.  AQ 1020.  LOVED the location. As a frequent indoor pool user, I loved being able to pop out to the T-pool, or for a quick bite at the Spa Cafe, or across the hall to the new locker rooms for the larger showers.  

As far as location, do not choose one under Cosmos.  We heard some of our fellow AQ Deck 10 guests complaining about the noise and vibration late at night from above.  We heard nothing in 1020, and are traveling mates in 1022 heard nothing either.  Beware that there is a door next to 1024 that many crew use and it sometimes slams closed very loudly.  

Interestingly, I loved 1020 so much that I tried to book it on Constellation in early 2021 after the refurb.  As it turns out, a reliable source told me that there have been so many complaints about the noise from Cosmos - that currently there are NO plans to add those new Deck 10 AQ cabins on the Constellation.  Not sure about Infinity.  I also think the crowding in Blu has something to do with that decision.

The wait times in Blu were at least 15-20 minutes, usually around 30-40 minutes, and one night more than hour. It was so bad - that on that one evening - we were ushered over to Sushi on 5 for a complimentary meal there.  Food in Blue was very good and usually the service too.  It was always very busy once seated, and many of the staff looked tired and flustered.

All in all I loved the cruise and would highly recommend the Revolutionized Millenium. Happy to answer any other questions.

6 hours ago, stines said:

Just off the ship in Japan.  AQ 1020.  LOVED the location. As a frequent indoor pool user, I loved being able to pop out to the T-pool, or for a quick bite at the Spa Cafe, or across the hall to the new locker rooms for the larger showers.  

As far as location, do not choose one under Cosmos.  We heard some of our fellow AQ Deck 10 guests complaining about the noise and vibration late at night from above.  We heard nothing in 1020, and are traveling mates in 1022 heard nothing either.  Beware that there is a door next to 1024 that many crew use and it sometimes slams closed very loudly.  

Interestingly, I loved 1020 so much that I tried to book it on Constellation in early 2021 after the refurb.  As it turns out, a reliable source told me that there have been so many complaints about the noise from Cosmos - that currently there are NO plans to add those new Deck 10 AQ cabins on the Constellation.  Not sure about Infinity.  I also think the crowding in Blu has something to do with that decision.

The wait times in Blu were at least 15-20 minutes, usually around 30-40 minutes, and one night more than hour. It was so bad - that on that one evening - we were ushered over to Sushi on 5 for a complimentary meal there.  Food in Blue was very good and usually the service too.  It was always very busy once seated, and many of the staff looked tired and flustered.

All in all I loved the cruise and would highly recommend the Revolutionized Millenium. Happy to answer any other questions.

Thanks for all the information.  Do you have any pictures of 1020?  We are currently booked into 1010 & friends in 1008, both appear to be just at the edge or beginning of the area under the Sky Lounge, were those rooms that had a noise problem to your knowledge?  

Amazing to me that there are these long wait times in Blu!  Prior to Luminae MANY suite guests ate in Blu for a $5.00 cover charge and there were no wait times, no "buzzers".  What time were you trying to dine?  I wonder if there is something different about service now that is taking guests longer to dine, although we always ate leisurely when we were in Aqua and no waits.  Our last time in Aqua was on Connie after the addition of the deck 11 rooms and again no wait.  I guess it will be what it is, perhaps we will have just to eat later to avoid the waits.  

20 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Wondering what affect this is having on the crowds in Blu?

We’re currently on Millie (Transpacific) and dined in Blu last night. We’re in a suite and purposely waited until 8:30pm to inquire if there was sufficient space. We were warmly received and graciously seated in a near-empty Blu. 

It’s our understanding that Luminae guests can order off the MDR menu, but not Blu. If I’m wrong on this, someone please correct.

With the App, you can peruse the daily menus, and last night the offerings in Blu appealed to us over Luminae. I’m not apologizing for choosing Blu one night over Luminae, but rather we simply exercised what we were told our dining options were. 

If overcrowding in Blu becomes an issue with the additional AQ staterooms, then I would suspect Celebrity would eliminate the option of Blu as a dining option for suite guests. That, or start charging as they currently do for non-suite guests to dine in Luminae. 

I will also add that different sailings have different characteristics and patterns based on demographics. We were pleasantly surprised to be welcomed into a sparsely populated Blu at 8:30pm last night on a sailing that skews toward later and later dining as we move the clock forward on 8 of 14 nights. 

17 hours ago, CYNSport said:

I think limiting BLU  to AQ class only,  is the only way to go after adding more AQ Class cabins.   However,  I doubt  suite guests would be very happy,  and it would  be a non starter!  They orig were given BLU access prior to Luminae coming on line,..but that was ages ago.  Adding more people to AQ Class, and having  fewer staff with a slower kitchen has really changed BLU recently..something has to give.

We have been in AQ/ BLU since it was introduced but are not booked in AQ class for our next 3 cruises...We will see how things go after that..

46 minutes ago, BEAV said:

We’re currently on Millie (Transpacific) and dined in Blu last night. We’re in a suite and purposely waited until 8:30pm to inquire if there was sufficient space. We were warmly received and graciously seated in a near-empty Blu. 

It’s our understanding that Luminae guests can order off the MDR menu, but not Blu. If I’m wrong on this, someone please correct.

With the App, you can peruse the daily menus, and last night the offerings in Blu appealed to us over Luminae. I’m not apologizing for choosing Blu one night over Luminae, but rather we simply exercised what we were told our dining options were. 

If overcrowding in Blu becomes an issue with the additional AQ staterooms, then I would suspect Celebrity would eliminate the option of Blu as a dining option for suite guests. That, or start charging as they currently do for non-suite guests to dine in Luminae. 

I will also add that different sailings have different characteristics and patterns based on demographics. We were pleasantly surprised to be welcomed into a sparsely populated Blu at 8:30pm last night on a sailing that skews toward later and later dining as we move the clock forward on 8 of 14 nights. 

Regarding your comment about ordering off the MDR in Blu - generally the practice is that if you are on an M class ship, the kitchens are so close together that they will often let you order from the MDR.  On S class, however, the kitchens are several floors apart so generally you are not allowed to order off the MDR menu.  They were not following that on the Reflection unfortunately.  They were letting the suite guests order off the MDR menu if they wanted to (which unfortunately they did most nights).  Whether they were also letting AQ guests do that I do not know, and I never asked.  

Celebrity has a wonderful suite perk package, one we have taken advantage of several times. Perhaps though they are TOO accommodating when allowing suite guests in Blu when there is already a dedicated restaurant for suites. I would be very unhappy standing in line for a table at Blu if suite guests were being seated. 

Celebrity should once and for all just make Blu for Aqua guests only as it was when FIRST introduced.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

I think limiting BLU  to AQ class only,  is the only way to go after adding more AQ Class cabins.   However,  I doubt  suite guests would be very happy,  and it would  be a non starter!  They orig were given BLU access prior to Luminae coming on line,..but that was ages ago.  Adding more people to AQ Class, and having  fewer staff with a slower kitchen has really changed BLU recently..something has to give.

We have been in AQ/ BLU since it was introduced but are not booked in AQ class for our next 3 cruises...We will see how things go after that..

We have chosen AQ Class since we first cruised with Celebrity, because we liked the dining concept. But, it’s less appealing when it’s overcrowded. I think Celebrity lucked out with AQ because they discovered that what people really wanted was a smaller dining room (not necessarily “clean sauces”).  So, Suite Guests insisted on being allowed in. Since our first AQ Cruise in the pre-Luminae days, there were Suite Guests in BLU. Then came Luminae, but Suite guests were still permitted to choose BLU. That would have been the time to make BLU exclusive to AQ. But, Celebrity chose not to do so. It will be much harder to do now. But, surely, they could tell Suite guests that they can’t order from the MDR in BLU and, if they want this option, they should stay in Luminae. We have considered booking non-AQ, but haven’t done it yet. Yes, we could book a nice Veranda cabin and eat at the Specialty Restaurants every night and it would still be less than many AQ fares, but I really enjoy the atmosphere in BLU. My DH, an actuary, has a more mathematical approach (“BLU is worth X per day and when it’s greater than X, then book a regular Veranda”). I think I would really miss BLU, though, if it’s crowded, noisy, and slow, then maybe not so much?

The New Deck 10 AQ cabins are exactly the same as all of the others, minus the special shower.  Just a normal shower.   I looked into a bunch of balcony cabins on other decks and our Deck 10 AQ cabin looked identical.  Loved the new decor and we still had empty drawers to fill after unpacking for our 14 night voyage. 

I would not go as far forward as 1008 because of noise/vibrations from above in Cosmos late at night. If you’re night owls, then maybe not so much of an issue?  There is a post somewhere that depicts where the cabins begin to be underneath Cosmos.  But I do not have access to that right now.  I think the graphic is in Jim Ian’s long thread on the newly Revolutionzed Millennium.  It’s really chock full of useful information. 

I really don’t know what was going on in Blu with the waits and, at times, flustered staff.  The Hostesses at the front desk were lovely and seemed very organized, so maybe it was just an odd demographic or other situations beyond their control (like two many new AQ cabins!).  

Sounds great. We will be in that cabin in about 3 months. What about the balcony? My friend is concerned about ports to charge all those electronics. What is the new setup? Can't wait to be close to the T-pool, Spa cafe, and pool.  We have eaten in BLU many times, but the last cruise on Infinity is the first time we have had any trouble with it. The place was crowded and loud because of a large group that always ate at a large table in the middle of the room. For the first time we had to wait for a place at dinner. Maybe all those folks came from the suites.

23 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

I am in absolute agreement. 🙋‍♀️Having sailed 3 cruises in Aqua Class, and now sailing in a suite and having access to Luminae, why would anyone want to dine in Blu? Do not get me wrong, Blu is excellent and I love the intimacy versus the main dining room, however, Luminae is all that and MORE!! 
When we had cruised in AC, we always had dinner later, never earlier than 8 pm, and never had issues walking in and getting a table. 

• Like 1