Finding price reductions more easily.

Due to various reasons we always have to book our cruises at least a year in advance.

Over the years we have taken advantage of several price drops and sales, many of which pop up and are limited to one or two days and then disappear.  

In order to get the reduced prices I try as often as possible to search the cruise critic forums, the cruise line's website or sign on to our cruise planner, but on occasion some of these "here now and gone tomorrow' reductions do manage to get by me.

It would be great if there was a single thread or a sticky on each cruise line forum where these short lived reductions could be found.

Members could post any new sales that they come across and this central thread would help other members be made aware of any reductions with a simple viewing of one thread.

Just a thought.. 

2 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

It would be great if there was a single thread or a sticky on each cruise line forum where these short lived reductions could be found. ...

I don't think you are considering the large number of different prices that exist.    Every category of every sailing is priced differently, and of course there are also variations for senior, residency, military, etc.    The thread may afford "simple" viewing at the beginning, and would quickly grow too large such that people are saying they don't want to look at that huge thread, like they do on the "Key" and "RoyalUp" threads.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't think you are considering the large number of different prices that exist.    Every category of every sailing is priced differently, and of course there are also variations for senior, residency, military, etc.    The thread may afford "simple" viewing at the beginning, and would quickly grow too large such that people are saying they don't want to look at that huge thread, like they do on the "Key" and "RoyalUp" threads.

Unlike many threads dealing with "beating a dead horse" issues and considering these reductions are never that long lasting maybe any notices on this type of thread could be deleted after a period of time like 2 weeks???

Postings could have short headings like:

Anthem (or any ship or cruise line) cabin reductions.

Beverage package sales.

Specialty dining package sales.

VOOM sales or combination packages.

As far as roll calls go, too many are nothing but countless pages of cutsey countdowns which make looking through them for anything helpful tiresome.

It is just an idea and I can see a few glitches, but as I say it is just a thought...

Edited by boscobeans

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Or, Royal could just set reasonable prices, and stick with them. 

I know, it will never happen. Just wishful thinking. 

Can't complain, from when I started Cruising over 30yrs ago dollar for dollar Royal is lot cheaper. One of the few things that have gone down in price. Back then I could afford a week at Disney World and not a 7 nite Cruise, now can Cruise multiple weeks and not a 7 nite stay at Disney...

Edited by ONECRUISER

16 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Can't complain, from when I started Cruising over 30yrs ago dollar for dollar Royal is lot cheaper. One of the few things that have gone down in price. Back then I could afford a week at Disney World and not a 7 nite Cruise, now can Cruise multiple weeks and not a 7 nite stay at Disney...

Very true.. Dollar for dollar cruising is one of, if not the best way to spend your time and money..

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Unlike many threads dealing with "beating a dead horse" issues and considering these reductions are never that long lasting maybe any notices on this type of thread could be deleted after a period of time like 2 weeks???

Postings could have short headings like:

Anthem (or any ship or cruise line) cabin reductions.

Beverage package sales.

Specialty dining package sales.

VOOM sales or combination packages.

As far as roll calls go, too many are nothing but countless pages of cutsey countdowns which make looking through them for anything helpful tiresome.

It is just an idea and I can see a few glitches, but as I say it is just a thought...

Many of us when we see a great deal have started a new thread with the title “Deal Alert” then the ship and sail date in the thread title.

More details as to pricing in the body of the post.  This seemed to work well as after a day or two when the deal was no longer there it would just drop off the first page.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Many of us when we see a great deal have started a new thread with the title “Deal Alert” then the ship and sail date in the thread title.

More details as to pricing in the body of the post.  This seemed to work well as after a day or two when the deal was no longer there it would just drop off the first page.  

I was thinking of this when I read the first post.  That way seems the best to me.  

PS  Sadly it seems like a long time since I have seen one of those threads

Edited by molly361