Change to booking

nissach

There is no charge to upgrade your room, other than the additional cost (Carnival is always happy to take more money).  If you are talking about downgrading, there you may have a little bit of an issue, depending on what fare type you booked.  Early Saver fares do not permit downgrading, so you will be in a cancel/rebook situation, which will probably cost you $50 pp.

Edited by Schoifmom

Just now, Schoifmom said:

There is normally no charge to upgrade your room, other than the additional cost.  If you are talking about downgrading, there you may have a little bit of an issue, depending on what fare type you booked.  Early Saver fares do not permit downgrading, so you will be in a cancel/rebook situation, which will probably cost you $50 pp.

I would think it would be an upgrade??  A cove balcony to a interior Havana room.  Not a big difference in price though.

Just now, nissach said:

I would think it would be an upgrade??  A cove balcony to a interior Havana room.  Not a big difference in price though.

Typically, a balcony to an interior is a downgrade.  I would simply call and ask.  I hope you have a good PVP.

25 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

Typically, a balcony to an interior is a downgrade.  I would simply call and ask.  I hope you have a good PVP.

Interesting....If we can't switch I can live with that.  We are happy with our original booking of the cove balcony, but after seeing/reading more info about the Havana area, I thought it might be interesting to try it out.  Don't want to spend the money on the Havana balconies, so thought an interior might be a good way to try it out.  Just figured because in was an interior in a more exclusive area it might not be considered a down grade??  I will call and find out.  I never use a PVP,  I just book through the Carnival website.

1 minute ago, christyran1228 said:

I just asked my PVP, he said technically it is still a downgrade.  😕

Thanks...I will call just to verify.  Like I said we are fine with our original booking.  Just a case of 'the grass is always greener!'

Edited by nissach

41 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

(Carnival is always happy to take more money).

Just curious, do you get that phrase from your PVP? I don't really see people say it on here normally. The reason I ask is because ours likes to say it...with an emphasis on "more." LOL So it caught my eye when you said it.

9 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Just curious, do you get that phrase from your PVP? I don't really see people say it on here normally. The reason I ask is because ours likes to say it...with an emphasis on "more." LOL So it caught my eye when you said it.

LOL, no. Just a fact 🙂

8 minutes ago, nissach said:

So I spoke to Carnival today and it seems that the change can be made with no penalty.  😍

Not an early saver penalty......but if you had any perks they could change to the perks "of the day" upon your booking change.....be aware!!

So we officially now booked in a Havana Interior room and so are our friends.  In speaking to Carnival again today to make the switch, they said technically it is a downgrade from a balcony to an inside which is not allowed.  But I politely argued that we were not downgrading in price and they allowed it this time.  I am good with that.  Really looking forward to the Havana area and the limited amount of people in the pool/hot tubs.  And our own bar 😃

2 hours ago, nissach said:

So we officially now booked in a Havana Interior room and so are our friends.  In speaking to Carnival again today to make the switch, they said technically it is a downgrade from a balcony to an inside which is not allowed.  But I politely argued that we were not downgrading in price and they allowed it this time.  I am good with that.  Really looking forward to the Havana area and the limited amount of people in the pool/hot tubs.  And our own bar 😃

The bar lounge is not just for the Havana cabins, it is open to all passengers when in operation, and not just after 7  pm like the pool area. Be warned because of the loudness of the latin entertainment, some passengers that sleep lightly have complained that the bar music can be heard throughout the cabin sections on that floor and the ones above and below. Bring earplugs if you fall in to this category.

14 hours ago, maryred said:

The bar lounge is not just for the Havana cabins, it is open to all passengers when in operation, and not just after 7  pm like the pool area. Be warned because of the loudness of the latin entertainment, some passengers that sleep lightly have complained that the bar music can be heard throughout the cabin sections on that floor and the ones above and below. Bring earplugs if you fall in to this category.

I was speaking of the pool area bar, which is why we made the switch.  I had read a few comments about noise, but have read or seen more reviews/comments that noise was not that much of an issue for most.  I guess only time will tell.  Still very excited about the Havana area.