Aboard Meraviglia - any questions or requests

Captain-John

17 minutes ago, thecruisers6 said:

155 days is just too long to wait ☹️

Just think Bea we will be within 10 feet of them! 

I've started the starvation diet after seeing that lot lol  

I don't remember seeing treats as nice as those when we were on Meraviglia (though I usually try to avoid seeing them - three full meals a day onboard a ship and I really can't look at anything in between).

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the updates Captain, glad you are having a great cruise. Loved sailing that region last year, and grateful Russian immigration were on a 'quick' day. SPB is a wonderful city.

Looking forward to those treats...in 155 days, save some for us 😕

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thecruisers6 said:

155 days is just too long to wait ☹️

Just think Bea we will be within 10 feet of them! 

Thank you captain very much especially for what not to order, really helpful. 

No problem - very few misses in all honesty but why waste time on a poor meal? 😛

4 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Thanks for the updates Captain, glad you are having a great cruise. Loved sailing that region last year, and grateful Russian immigration were on a 'quick' day. SPB is a wonderful city.

Looking forward to those treats...in 155 days, save some for us 😕

Yes we were here last year too on NCL Breakaway so taking it a bit easier this time - last time was frantic to say the least. 

I'll do my best - hard though it is to pass by and not lift something! Didn't get a picture but earlier today they had a spicy avocado mix on a crostini and a lovely pearl onion dressed in oil/vinegar. All have been delicious. 

About to leave Tallin so will be offline shortly but I'll keep gathering information and taking photos for the full write up on my return. Regal Princess left at 1700, tooting some bars from 'The Love Boat' 

To the poster who asked about shows - sorry but we don't see any shows at all so can't relay our experience in reserving etc. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

No problem - very few misses in all honesty but why waste time on a poor meal? 😛

Yes we were here last year too on NCL Breakaway so taking it a bit easier this time - last time was frantic to say the least. 

I'll do my best - hard though it is to pass by and not lift something! Didn't get a picture but earlier today they had a spicy avocado mix on a crostini and a lovely pearl onion dressed in oil/vinegar. All have been delicious. 

About to leave Tallin so will be offline shortly but I'll keep gathering information and taking photos for the full write up on my return. Regal Princess left at 1700, tooting some bars from 'The Love Boat' 

To the poster who asked about shows - sorry but we don't see any shows at all so can't relay our experience in reserving etc. 

Oooh.....You're really not helping now 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Oooh.....You're really not helping now 😂😂😂

Looks like there's gonna have to be some elasticated waist items and long, flowing dresses packed!  😱

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thank you Captain your photos and descriptions are going to make it easier for us to persuade CF to “get out more” 😂😂😂😂

This is a really strange request Captain, please could you just estimate how many feet it is from  the TSL entrance to the 4 YC interior cabins 16006,16008, 16010 & 16012 next time you’re passing. 

Hope you have a great sail away 

• Haha 2

We'll be only 6 weeks off Seaview before boarding - not enough time to recover before facing into 23 nights of more of those treats ... oh, mercy, mercy, mercy.   I'm in the mood to forgive MSC EVERYTHING that's ever gone before right now.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

Thank you for posting this information Captain-John.  Would you be able to go by the Aurea sun deck above the Sky Lounge?  There is very little information about this sun deck and it's facilities.  I've been trying to find out what type of drink service is available on the sun deck.  I'd be interested to know if the Sky Lounge bar is open during the day and is this where drinks would be available for Aurea sun deck users.  I would assume they have drink servers up there at some times?

Edited by Até

10 hours ago, thecruisers6 said:

Thank you Captain your photos and descriptions are going to make it easier for us to persuade CF to “get out more” 😂😂😂😂

This is a really strange request Captain, please could you just estimate how many feet it is from  the TSL entrance to the 4 YC interior cabins 16006,16008, 16010 & 16012 next time you’re passing. 

Hope you have a great sail away 

Top Sail is on top deck, deck 18 )   YC restaurant one deck below, deck 17.

Yacht Club Lounge is Deck 16. Interior YC  cabins are just beyond elevator, to the left, down the hallway, 20 feet from elevator. Entrance to Lounge is just past elevator  , to the right, perhaps, 40 feet.

10 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Looks like there's gonna have to be some elasticated waist items and long, flowing dresses packed!  😱

I am still trying to lose my last10 pounds from cruise in March. Worth every bite.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, phissy said:

Top Sail is on top deck, deck 18 )   YC restaurant one deck below, deck 17.

Yacht Club Lounge is Deck 16.

I thought MSC ships didn't have a deck 17 (a bad luck number in Italy).  I know we are on our first MSC cruise in January 2020 and in the Yacht Club on deck 16 which is the same deck as the Top Sail lounge.  The deck above us, with the restaurant, is designated deck 18.  Is that only on the Meraviglia?

You are absolutely right. Totally forgot about that. There is no 17.

we had cabin on 15, and forgot how many stairs we went up.

Concierge desk and lounge is 16, restaurant one up on 18 and Top Sail (sun deck) and buffet on 19.

5 minutes ago, phissy said:

You are absolutely right. Totally forgot about that. There is no 17.

we had cabin on 15, and forgot how many stairs we went up.

Concierge desk and lounge is 16, restaurant one up on 18 and Top Sail (sun deck) and buffet on 19.

Thanks for the quick response!  As I said, this is our first MSC cruise so I'm diligently reading this forum every day😀.

5 hours ago, Até said:

Thank you for posting this information Captain-John.  Would you be able to go by the Aurea sun deck above the Sky Lounge?  There is very little information about this sun deck and it's facilities.  I've been trying to find out what type of drink service is available on the sun deck.  I'd be interested to know if the Sky Lounge bar is open during the day and is this where drinks would be available for Aurea sun deck users.  I would assume they have drink servers up there at some times?

The Sky Lounge bar is open during the day, but holds a number of private functions (so the hours vary.) We were on the Meraviglia in late March, not really sun deck weather. There were no waiters circulating the few times we stopped by the area, but I imagine they might if the deck was busy. 

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

I thought MSC ships didn't have a deck 17 (a bad luck number in Italy).  I know we are on our first MSC cruise in January 2020 and in the Yacht Club on deck 16 which is the same deck as the Top Sail lounge.  The deck above us, with the restaurant, is designated deck 18.  Is that only on the Meraviglia?

No deck 17 on any MSC ships.  The Italians are superstitious about it in the way that we are about the number 13.

It's because of an anagram, in Latin, of the number 17 in Roman numerals XVII. The anagram in question is VIXI which means "I HAVE LIVED" (perfect tense), implying "my life is over" or "I AM DEAD" (courtesy of Pete - Skier52).

Thanks Captain-John for all the info and everyone else’s additions!

i know that you were in the YC, but did you notice in the dailies what were the fixed dining times in the main restaurant? We booked an Aurea cabin for one of the Canada trips out of NYC so we have anytime dining. It looks like we can save a lot of money downgrading to a Bella or Fantastica cabin, but you then need to select a fixed time.

With the downgraded Aurea drink package, no other Aurea perks interest us enough to pay the substantial price difference for just anytime dining.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, Até said:

If it's not changed since we went in 2017 then Aurea sun deck has separate bar, waiter service and towels.  It was adult only when we went. There is a long, but narrower Jacuzzi that goes across the front of the deck. Other than that not a lot of difference to elsewhere on the ship. Was reasonably quiet most of the time (this was July in med) and good position to chillout if children are in the waterpark.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rossco01 said:

If it's not changed since we went in 2017 then Aurea sun deck has separate bar, waiter service and towels.  It was adult only when we went. There is a long, but narrower Jacuzzi that goes across the front of the deck. Other than that not a lot of difference to elsewhere on the ship. Was reasonably quiet most of the time (this was July in med) and good position to chillout if children are in the waterpark.

Any tables and chairs or sofa type of seating there!

1 hour ago, nikkiw60 said:

Any tables and chairs or sofa type of seating there!

I don't remember tables and chairs however I managed to find some pics from when we went and you can see there are a few. I wouldn't say this area is particularly special but definitely quieter. You can't see the bar in these as it's around the corner.

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1222.JPG

Edited by Rossco01
updated text
  • Thanks 1

Quick question as we've just booked our second trip on Meraviglia for the Norwegian Fjords (thank you RC for cancelling our Independence of Seas cruise 😢 ). Just wondered what are the main shows at the moment, we cruised on her in 2017 so hoping things have changed a little. I know there have been changes in some of the restaurants. We had a great time last time so looking forward to it.