Blogging/posting with an iPad

TiogaCruiser

We’re scheduled to be on the final Prinsendam cruise and I’m planning on starting a live thread. With all my photography equipment I’m doubting I will be able to bring my laptop, so that means iPhone and iPad only.

For those who have done this,  could you share what worked for you?  I’m wondering about OneNote (I have Office Pro 2013 on my main machine, which I think has a local iOS client.)

I’m particularly interested in what app you used to pre-write your content/post before copying and pasting.

Also, internet is being offered online for $175 for 14 days, premium plan. I only need email and CC access, so I’m looking at the Surf package. Anyone know if the online offer is a good one. We do not need streaming.

Edited by TiogaCruiser

The Surf plan should be sufficient for what you want to do.  I would wait until onboard as it is cheaper than the Premium plan and that is all you can purchase ahead of time.  

The Prinsendam has unlimited internet so, if you know what you want to say, you can go ahead and post on CC without worrying about the clock ticking away.

Otherwise, if I want to compose, I’ve used pages.  Pages and notes transcribe to CC without words running together as they do with WP since the forum changed.

I take the little gadget that lets me download my memory card from my camera to my pics so I can post those.  For posting pics, i just use the CC “click to choose files” and space between them so they don’t run together.

The Surf package has more than sufficed for all of my LIVE threads and email.

Ironically DH was just saying last night that we should have booked that cruise.  Too late now - he has to work.  Envious of those on her and very much....

Looking forward to your LIVE thread 😄 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Thank you all.

Now to get cozy with Notes and Pages.

Old Windows dog learning new IOS tricks here.

I think you will get the hang of it really quickly.  My husband likes Notes and One Note. Looking forward to your live posts. Enjoy!

I also use Notes on my iPad to write the text then copy and paste it onto CC.  I take pics with my iPhone and AirDrop the photos I want onto my iPad so I can easily “Click to choose files” to include them in my posts.  AirDrop is not available when using Personal Hotspot but works when connected to WiFi.  If you have difficulties with transfers then I will usually just email my pics to myself then download them to my iPad. 

(Sorry.  I just re-read this.  It’s not as complicated as it sounds.)

I’ve had great success using my iPad. I've got the same “thing” that I believe Kazu mentioned and it works like promised, easily downloading photos from my camera memory card to my iPad :

Apple - Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader - White

Model:MJYT2AM/A 

SKU:4803100. $29.99 at Best Buy

I compose my text off line at leisure then cut & paste when I go online. 

Photos are stored as always in my Photos library and easily accessed.

Have fun!

1 hour ago, Sunriseatsea said:

I’ve had great success using my iPad. I've got the same “thing” that I believe Kazu mentioned and it works like promised, easily downloading photos from my camera memory card to my iPad :

Apple - Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader - White

Model:MJYT2AM/A 

SKU:4803100. $29.99 at Best Buy

I compose my text off line at leisure then cut & paste when I go online. 

Photos are stored as always in my Photos library and easily accessed.

Have fun!

Thank you.  I didn’t know the name for it.  I could have done a pic but you are far more helpful 🙂   A CC friend told me about this gadget a few years ago and it’s a blessing.  Pics are downloaded from the memory card at lightening speed.  Even DH’s memory card which he hogged and had over 1500 pics took less than 10 minutes to download.  I try to download daily (having had my camera “lost” aka stolen once - the camera I could lose, the memories I could not) and it takes less than a minute most times.

I really like the IPad for my LIVE threads actually.  It’s light, does everything needed and easy - heck, I even take a number of pics with it - especially the when and where’s, etc.