Transportation to Port of Civitavecchia in Rome (Need Help)!!!

Marie50

Trying to help my Granddaughter plan her honeymoon in September,  She is quite nervous about traveling out of the country.  Does anyone have suggestions for a good hotel close to the port which provides transportation from the airport? Also what would be the best way for her to get to the port?  This is all new to me as well, so anyone with first hand knowledge would be so appreciated.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Marie50 said:

Trying to help my Granddaughter plan her honeymoon in September,  She is quite nervous about traveling out of the country.  Does anyone have suggestions for a good hotel close to the port which provides transportation from the airport? Also what would be the best way for her to get to the port?  This is all new to me as well, so anyone with first hand knowledge would be so appreciated.  Thanks.

I don't get it, they don't want to see Rome ? they want to go from airport to Civitaveccia? Any way nothing to be worry about , best way its to book transfer ,cost us 120E from rome to port ,same from port to airport. We booked here many time never had problem http://www.airport-transfers-direct.com/?home=1&k=airport transfers direct&p=1t2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_Pq957vD4gIVGLbACh1nZgYjEAAYAiAAEgLO8vD_BwE

Perhaps she needs a good travel agent to make the arrangements for her.  She needs to realize that in Europe, hotels don't usually have a transfer service to/from the airport or the port.  EM

10 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Perhaps she needs a good travel agent to make the arrangements for her.  She needs to realize that in Europe, hotels don't usually have a transfer service to/from the airport or the port.  EM

Some in Civitavecchia do like the one I have used in the past.

We've used Bob's Limo, too (romelimousines.com) and have them booked for our upcoming to take us from the port to the airport.  We've booked romeshuttlelimousine.com to take us from our hotel in Rome down to the port.  They have similar prices.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:53 PM, Marie50 said:

We stayed a few years ago at Tenuta dell'Argento hotel, it is on the hillside overlooking Civitavecchia town.  It's ideal for an overnight stay awaiting your cruise and not that expensive compare to staying in Rome.  They have a free shuttle to get you to the port and do arrange airport collection if necessary.  We used an online taxi service to get there from Fiumincino airport. (average taxi cost €100-€120 for 2 people with normal luggage)

Edited by mickey89

I did Divina our of Rome a few years ago.  My advice?  Don't miss Rome.  It's wonderful and was likely the highlight of our 12 night cruise.

But she would need to actually get out and see Rome.  We stayed near Spanish Steps, right next to it literally, and that worked out very well for us.  If she's reasonable fit, I highly recommend the full day walking tour available on Viator and elsewhere.  We walked so much, but it was amazing.  Seemed like there was something famous and historic around every corner.

We had a great driver to the port, but I'd have to look for the name.  Not hard to find someone, I'm sure.  Picked us up from the hotel and took us to the ship straightaway.

This should not be something to stress out over.  Piece of cake, really.