Tolls? not included....what can I expect

Hello all, 

We will be in NYC next April to join our cruise, and will be staying at The TWA Hotel @ JFK.  The plan is to take a shared van/ car service to the pier the next morning.  If I'm reading their information correctly Tolls are not included in the fare quoted.  Does anyone know what the toll amount will be?? or how I can find this info out??  and last, but not least, how will I be expected to pay said tolls?  do I just include that amount with the tip?  Please help, and thank you for your expertise, this will be our first time to NYC for an overnight stay. 

Have a great weekend, 

Tutu 

How you will pay for it depends on the car service company.

There are many websites that list tolls for the NYC bridges and tunnels.  Rates might be different for a car service company than for you and me, though.

The amount will also vary severely depending on which of the 3 metropolitan cruise terminals you are sailing from.

Which port are you sailing from?  Manhattan, Brooklyn  or New Jersey?  Before anyone can answer they will need to know where you are departing from because as Nitemare said...the amount will vary greatly depending on the terminal.

All I know is that in April we booked Carmen car service for the ride from La Guardia to our hotel in downtown Manhattan.  We had the same info saying that tolls were not included.

Apparently there were no tolls on this route as we were not charged anything extra.  I was expecting a few dollars, so a nice surprise.

Of course, another route might be totally different

7 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

All I know is that in April we booked Carmen car service for the ride from La Guardia to our hotel in downtown Manhattan.  We had the same info saying that tolls were not included.

Apparently there were no tolls on this route as we were not charged anything extra.  I was expecting a few dollars, so a nice surprise.

Of course, another route might be totally different

Going from LGA to downtown there is the option of taking any of the 3 “free” Lower East River bridges or the free midtown bridge or the toll tunnel.  Going from LGA to midtown there is an option of taking a toll bridge (if there is heavy traffic in Queens), a free bridge, or a toll tunnel.  Bottom line - it’s totally unpredictable and the route will probably depend on the traffic congestion at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 4:07 AM, 138east said:

The OP is going on Norwegian Bliss in April 2020, so they will be going from JFK to The Manhattan Cruiseport.  Looks like one tunnel toll to me at a max of $9.50.

Yes.  Apologies for not including this info in the first place.  

Thanks for the info. 

5 hours ago, Garth2 said:

We used SuperShuttle ... and do not charge for tolls.

SS is usually shared rides on a full-sized van (12 pax + luggage) and the prices built into their prices ... otherwise, the drivers and dispatchers would have to come up with a "fair" forumula to allocate & pro-rate portions of the tolls.  

Unless everyone else on the SS are going to the same cruise terminal or airport and airline terminals, you could easily spend an extra 30 to 45 minutes+ doing multiple stops for the dropoff, waiving goodbye to your fellow riders ... and be the last one at the end on the route.  If time isn't of the essence and you don't mind taking a nice long, sometimes, bumpy ride going around & around, the ride can be a money saver - once they show up and get you onboard.