San Juan Hotel

lmb84

24 minutes ago, HeavyMetalDeacon said:

pretty much most of them in Old San Juan fit you $$ requirements. and this would be effected by your dates of travel. Sheraton Old San Juan is nice

Ya...March 28 for one night $433.00.....hmmm....now let's turn that into Canadian....🤣🤣...I'm not thinking so....

We've stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott - Isla Verde one night before our two most recent cruises out of San Juan.  It's very close to the airport, right across that main road.  It's about 20 minutes away from Old San Juan.  Our flights arrived around noon, both times, and we wanted a hotel on the beach that was within our budget.  We really enjoyed it and it was very easy to get a cab to the cruise terminal the next morning.  Both times those cruises left at 10PM, so after checking in we had the whole afternoon in Old San Juan to see the forts, etc. 

I was just there for Spring Break.  We flew in the night before and stayed at the Condado Plaza Hilton.  High floor, ocean front balcony with 2 beds was less than $500.  We took a taxi from the airport and then an Uber to the port.

Hotel Miramar.  It's not "cheap," but it may be cheaper than you want (I'm guessing since you are willing to spend near $500.)  I used it about 5 or 6 years ago and had no problems...it was about $130 for the room.  The room was oddly shaped and slightly small, but I wouldn't consider it to be bad.  It has some restaurants nearby, a grocery store is also close, and it has a stop for the tourist taxi on the same block.

I just checked hotels.com and there were 3 hotels under $200/night and a few for under $300/night in Old San Juan. That is crazy that the Sheraton is that expensive! I have stayed there many times and it was always under $200. It is $444 for the night you need it! Insane!

Edited by csj092809
  • Like 1

We stayed at  Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado  2 nights pre cruise,    it was a great price, excellent location.  I cant remember exactly how much the cab was to port, but I know it wasnt too much.  Beach, restaurants and Walgreens were all within walking distance. 

We stayed 1 night pre-cruise at the Comfort Inn (Condado) a month after Hurricane Maria. The beach was just on the next block. Things were crazy in San Juan then so we didn't wander too far. We were just happy to have a hotel to sleep in.

On 6/4/2019 at 5:45 PM, csj092809 said:

I just checked hotels.com and there were 3 hotels under $200/night and a few for under $300/night in Old San Juan. That is crazy that the Sheraton is that expensive! I have stayed there many times and it was always under $200. It is $444 for the night you need it! Insane!

Agree....That's crazy...not doing it