Beer (guiness) question ? +

metsgiants

Can someone tell me what guiness beer is offered. I hope it’s the draught and not he extra stout . Is it from a bottle or the tall can ? Is it draft ? Thanks for any info !!!

my second question would be on the sunrise ship , where is the best bar to get a good martini ? 

They got rid of Guinness maybe two years ago sadly. They replaced it with Sea Cow. On Vista they had a Thirsty Frog stout on tap but I don’t think you’ll find it on ships that don’t have the brewery.

LGM!

Edited by Saint Greg

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

They got rid of Guinness maybe two years ago sadly. They replaced it with Sea Cow. On Vista they had a Thirsty Frog stout on tap but I don’t think you’ll find it on ships that don’t have the brewery.

LGM!

Have you tried Sea Cow Greg, doesn't sound too appetising, to be sure,to be sure:classic_tongue:

5 hours ago, metsgiants said:

Alchemy bar !!! Are those martinis covered by cheers package ???

Yes....all drinks up to 20.00 are covered by Cheers.  If you get a drink at the Alchemy made with Grey Goose VX, it'll be 20.00.  If you get it on the rocks or neat, it'll be 17.00.  If you're a scotch drinker, the Steakhouse bar has a 21 yr old blended scotch by Chivas Regal for 18.00.  Roca Patron tequila is 16.50.  All covered by Cheers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cairns Cruisers said:

Have you tried Sea Cow Greg, doesn't sound too appetising, to be sure,to be sure:classic_tongue:

I'm not Greg but I have tried the Sea Cow. It sure isn't Guinness, one was enough for me.😝

5 hours ago, Cairns Cruisers said:

I tried it on my last cruise and found it to be pretty "meh". It's definitely not Guinness. 

Sea Cow is a milk stout.  So yes not anywhere close to Guinness. Milk stouts are some what a rage in craft beer circles.  IMO not for Caribbean cruising.  Saltwater Brewing does make a very good stout available at their brewery in Del Ray Beach.  But not canned yet.  On the Vista and Horizon the in ship brewery has a decent stout on tap.  Just the barkeeps can't do a proper pour. In the TRF pubs I think you can still get Newcastle Brown on tap, but there's no stout in cans or bottles.

9 hours ago, Cairns Cruisers said:

I usually have one per cruise. It's not great. I liked the Red Frog stout better. Neither are Guinness.