Carnival Sunrise visit June 10

jimbo5544

We will be on the Sunrise in New York this coming Monday June 10 for a Carnival event.  I will be posting the experience here, if there is something that I can take a pic of or can get an answer to, please feel free to ask.  I have not gotten the agenda yet, but expect to have time to explore the ship.  

• Like 2

Cabin 6461, Smuggle some rum on and hide it for my 9/4 cruise 🙂

Just kidding.

Any pics of the updated cabin would be nice.

First time on that class ship.

Like to know some quiet area's to hang outside and lounge other then Serenity.

Thank you and have "fun".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

We will be on the Sunrise in New York this coming Monday June 10 for a Carnival event.  I will be posting the experience here, if there is something that I can take a pic of or can get an answer to, please feel free to ask.  I have not gotten the agenda yet, but expect to have time to explore the ship.  

We will be on that sailing.  What event is happening?  I hope that it doesn't delay embarkation.

Thanks

Wendy

1 hour ago, wenderbender said:

We will be on that sailing.  What event is happening?  I hope that it doesn't delay embarkation.

Thanks

Wendy

EXACTLY what i was thinking.  Or... Jimbo, can you get me an invite to the event?

i am also on this sailing too. What event is going on? i thought they already did all of the events 

1 hour ago, jocko4279 said:

I'm curious if you have to board on deck 2, or if you get the real glass gangway experience...if that makes any sense...

I am curious. i was watching a youtube video from  the 4 day sailing and it looks like they entered on deck 2 forward skipping the atrium area. 

The ship docks at Pier 90, this pier has the older enclosed gangway with plastic walls so the view is limited. Pier 88 has the bigger glass gangway

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i am also on this sailing too. What event is going on? i thought they already did all of the events 

I am curious. i was watching a youtube video from  the 4 day sailing and it looks like they entered on deck 2 forward skipping the atrium area. 

The ship docks at Pier 90, this pier has the older enclosed gangway with plastic walls so the view is limited. Pier 88 has the bigger glass gangway

Saw the same video. I know it's a kinda a trivial thing, but I like the whole gangway experience lol

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Pic of cabin 5357 please. It's one of only 4 'square' interiors among the 53 new cabins added on to Deck 5 aft. TIA

5 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Cabin 6461, Smuggle some rum on and hide it for my 9/4 cruise 🙂

Just kidding.

Any pics of the updated cabin would be nice.

First time on that class ship.

Like to know some quiet area's to hang outside and lounge other then Serenity.

Thank you and have "fun".

Will do my best...

4 hours ago, wenderbender said:

Thanks

Wendy

It is a TA function called a launch party.  It will not affect your sail time or impact the start of your cruise.  Enjoy your cruise!

4 hours ago, jocko4279 said:

I'm curious if you have to board on deck 2, or if you get the real glass gangway experience...if that makes any sense...

We were already on for the naming Ceremony a couple of week ago when she first came to New York.  I can confirm you board the normal way and enter thru the Lobby.

3 hours ago, JaniceB said:

Looking forward to your thoughts on the ship.

I will be happy to post those, I can tell you that I was impressed with what we have already seen on her at the naming ceremony, will see much more when we are on Monday.

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

Good point..... it was an older gangway.  That said we had to walk a little on the outside deck but entered at the atrium.

48 minutes ago, rn4t5 said:

Pic of cabin 5357 please. It's one of only 4 'square' interiors among the 53 new cabins added on to Deck 5 aft. TIA

Will do my best, since it is a new room, they are usually on the “view” plan.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:26 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Would love to see the Comedy Club area.  I never could see anything from John Heald on this.  I know they moved it to deck 4.  Just hope it is not as awkward as the Sunshine.

23 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Would love to see the Comedy Club area.  I never could see anything from John Heald on this.  I know they moved it to deck 4.  Just hope it is not as awkward as the Sunshine.

from the various videos i see on youtube, they fixed it. the stage is now in the middle and there is a big open space for lots of seating.

27 minutes ago, shof515 said:

from the various videos i see on youtube, they fixed it. the stage is now in the middle and there is a big open space for lots of seating.

I'll have to check those out. Hopefully they also fixed the problem of people walking through the middle of the show heading to dinner.

Edited by Lee Cruiser

On 6/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, jimbo5544 said:

It is a TA function called a launch party.  It will not affect your sail time or impact the start of your cruise.  Enjoy your cruise!

Hi

I just happen to be in NYC this Mon., do you think you could get me an invite? 😃 I promise not to try and stow away.

1 hour ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

I just happen to be in NYC this Mon., do you think you could get me an invite? 😃 I promise not to try and stow away.

No where to stow, we have to be off by 3.

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Will def take a peek and take a pic in there, post it here.

Edited by jimbo5544