When was the gratuities DSC last raised?

finny2

2 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

It doesn't seem to be much different from the "Resort Fees" that I pay at many hotels. Most of these are nowhere near what I would call a resort, but I pay them. 

Don't you get something in exchange for the resort fee? Bottled water, newspaper, free internet access, maybe free local transportation?

9 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Don't you get something in exchange for the resort fee? Bottled water, newspaper, free internet access, maybe free local transportation?

Not from what I have seen. From my perspective it is just another tax.

15 hours ago, HowardK said:

It was very recently- perhaps from $13.95 to $14.50 or so- but they were nice and gave the people they were ripping off the option to prepay ahead of time (up to a year or even two in advance) to save $4.

I heard they were going to start charging for premium buffet seating that was closer to some of the food stations.

Prepaying that far in advance is totally optional. To save the few dollars you only need to prepay before your cruise. You can do it during the week before if you want to.

What is the DSC for a mini-suite? From my research on Google, the NCL website and combing through threads on this board it seems to me that it is the same as for suites vs. balconies, but I haven't found anything definitive.

Sure wish the search feature on Cruise Critic would return!!

1 minute ago, TMLAalum said:

What is the DSC for a mini-suite? From my research on Google, the NCL website and combing through threads on this board it seems to me that it is the same as for suites vs. balconies, but I haven't found anything definitive.

Sure wish the search feature on Cruise Critic would return!!

Mini-suites have the same DSC as studio, interior, ocean-view, and balcony. A mini-suite is not actually a suite. 

For all ships excluding Norwegian Sky All-Inclusive and Norwegian Sun All-Inclusive

$18 USD per person per day for The Haven, Concierge and Suites

$15 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

Norwegian Sky All-Inclusive and Norwegian Sun All-Inclusive

$23.50 USD per person per day for Suites

$20.50 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

Guests sailing to Hawaii will be charged an additional 4.275% Pre Paid Service Charge GET Tax

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Prepaying that far in advance is totally optional. To save the few dollars you only need to prepay before your cruise. You can do it during the week before if you want to.

We save nothing if we prepay our DSC.  It is the same amount as if we paid on board.

Only those who book far in advance and prepay before NEW DSC goes into effect. This year it went in effect April 1.

7 minutes ago, phissy said:

Only those who book far in advance and prepay before NEW DSC goes into effect. This year it went in effect April 1.

The old rate is paid by people who booked before April 1st and prepay it before their cruise.

You don't have to have prepaid it before 1st April.