Almost Live from Prinsendam's Farewell Voyage

TiogaCruiser

We just had one of the most beautiful sail aways I have been to. Geirangerfjord is spectacular. I’ll catch up later but just wanted to post a few pix. 

HAL put on a Sail Away party that was quite nice. Hot appetizers (including bitterballen, satay, pigs in blankets) and complementary drinks. Several staff members were also on hand. All this set in the scenic fiord. Wow. All I can say is if you are heading to Norway definitely consider Geiranger.

Tonight we received a third drawing in a series on Prinsendam. Really nice. More later when I can easily get to my DSLR pictures. These were taken with my phone and they have a lot to be desired.

9CDA9FC4-0E87-4DAA-924D-1B7D85296587.jpeg

D203D08A-CCD6-4EC0-9F3B-1C6AA181D728.jpeg

99DE8CC3-EEF8-4077-872E-998302582FCB.jpeg

4F4AAF11-E0A4-4132-BD6D-BF200657EE0E.jpeg

C5129DC3-3F15-4FCC-86C6-122C4C95448A.jpeg

0CA59465-90F1-45BE-8218-8BFFA189CB5E.jpeg

FCEF1F82-3689-4A5C-A275-80A24CC1FE33.jpeg

374B1803-3215-413C-9779-8D9005D1EE2F.jpeg

• Like 3

Just got back from the Indonesian Crew Show (first time I’ve gone) and really loved it. We sat out on the covered aft and watched Norway go by until we made a big turn and we were suddenly windward. The cold dampness overcame the wool blanket’s ability to keep out the cold so we went in. 

We made a dent in the brown cheese and the Norwegian chocolate we got today and succumbed to the soft mattress and rocking and creaking of the ship. You could hear the water and wind softly slap the side of the ship. Gosh, I love forward and low cabins.

So a few hours later we got up in time for the show. Tomorrow is Flam and another promising sail in. I’ll probably post a brief update and fill in later.

~TC

• Like 1

Fabulous pictures Tioga!

nice shot of the Prinsendam and her cousin, too 🙂 

Sail a way sounds like a terrific, scenic time.

I am sure the crew show was memorable for them as well as the passengers.  Last one they will do together.

Your cruise has certainly turned out to be a special one indeed 😄 

4 hours ago, erewhon said:

Super photos, thank you, good to see Prinsendam and the former Statendam...........does anyone know her new name.?

I believe we may have heard them salute each other when former Stantendam left the dock. We were in town at the time.

23 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

Vasco da Gama is the current name.  Got this info from Captain Alberts' blog. https://www.captainalbert.com/29-june-2019-bergen-norway/#more-148694

Thank you for the information and the link. Am curious as to whether Vasco da Gama will visit any ports here, while she is "down under" will have to look at the cruise ship schedules for some of our ports.

Thank you Tioga for an excellent and very special LIVE report.

Loved all the pics and the reports on this final sailing.

It truly is a sad day today as we bid farewell to Prinsendam. ❤️ 😞