NCL - New York Pre-Cruise Hotel/Transfer Pkg - ?

Marriott is great location for sightseeing in that area.  I don't believe they provide shuttle to port. So you will have to book a car service or uber/lyft.  The Marriott concierge can arrange something for you

There is no hassle involved in getting a taxi from a major hotel in Manhattan to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, and, imho, getting a hotel through the cruise line so you have their transfer to the ship in Manhattan is no reason to do that.  In fact, I think there’s more of a hassle factor waiting for a big bus to leave and not being able to head for the ship on your own schedule. 

If you are still looking for an answer, I would post on the NCL forum. 

I recommend you check what it would cost to book this hotel yourself versus what NCL is charging. Remember that the price NCL quotes is per person while the price the Marriott website or any online travel site is per room. Typically you'll find you can save a ton of money by booking yourself. A taxi will only be about $20 from hotel to cruise terminal, and as others have said getting a taxi at a major hotel is not at all difficult.

Since you've said you're not interested in sightseeing you may be able to save even more money by booking a hotel that is not in the heart of the Times Square area.

Thanks, everyone !

We've decided to stay at a hotel right near LGA Airport (with free shuttle from the airport to the hotel - that is one less taxi we have to deal with !)

And then take a taxi from that hotel - directly to the cruise port the next morning

Works out that we are saving over $100 (from booking the NCL pre-cruise package "deal")

Appreciate all of the comments - suggestions

What day of the week does your cruise depart?  If a weekday, I personally wouldn't want the hassle of getting into Manhattan on a weekday morning.  (When does your flight arrive?  Even if you don't want to sight-see, how about dinner in Manhattan?)

In any event, you seem very concerned about taking cabs. It's really not a big deal in NYC.

Glad you are saving money.  Enjoy your cruise!

58 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Thanks  - Cabs for my senior hubby are a "hassle" - no matter what the town !!

How? There are usually taxi lines at hotels, or one will be hailed for you. You just get in and pay before you exit.