What is elite discount for internet if any?

jean87510

I'm going to be elite (yay!!) on my upcoming January cruise on the summit and I was curious about this. I currently get via select status a 25% discount on one package. Does elite get a higher %?  Or is it just the free 90 minutes? In case theres any confusion, I'll be diamond after my rccl cruise in November and then I'll apply for my elite status a couple of weeks after. I'm wondering if I should get the package now with the discount or wait until November.

Edited by jean87510

30% discount on internet package or 90 minutes free. Wait until you are Elite and call the Captains Club and order your internet package, they will apply the 30% discount.

Edited by oneputt18

2 minutes ago, oneputt18 said:

30% discount on internet package or 90 minutes free. Wait until you are Elite and call the Captains Club and order your internet package, they will apply the 30% discount.

Thank you. I just couldn't find the percentage anywhere and I figured someone on CC would know.

Just some thoughts about the Internet.  Folks need to look inside themselves and ask, do you really need unlimited Internet when away from ports on a cruise (you can access the Internet in ports from land-based servers)?  I love being on the Internet, but when on a cruise it is something I do not need for much of the day.  We do log on a couple of times a day to get our e-mails, check for text messages,  etc.  But that only takes a few minutes a day.  So the free minutes we get (Elite Plus) is more then enough for most cruises.  We can easily swear off most social media for a few days (or even a few weeks).  For most of our time on the ship during sea days we simply lock our phones in our cabin safe and enjoy the cruise.  The reality is that even if you buy unlimited packages you will find that Internet service at sea often leaves much to be desired.

Hank

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Just some thoughts about the Internet.  Folks need to look inside themselves and ask, do you really need unlimited Internet when away from ports on a cruise (you can access the Internet in ports from land-based servers)?  I love being on the Internet, but when on a cruise it is something I do not need for much of the day.  We do log on a couple of times a day to get our e-mails, check for text messages,  etc.  But that only takes a few minutes a day.  So the free minutes we get (Elite Plus) is more then enough for most cruises.  We can easily swear off most social media for a few days (or even a few weeks).  For most of our time on the ship during sea days we simply lock our phones in our cabin safe and enjoy the cruise.  The reality is that even if you buy unlimited packages you will find that Internet service at sea often leaves much to be desired.

Hank

We need it for work but I enjoy after a port relaxing and reading news on my phone or tablet. Plus every cruise without fail, there is always some issue with a side trip that if I didn't have internet, I couldn't have fixed prior. 

We're Elite + and taking a 7-night Alaska cruise next month.  Celebrity is offering a 10% discount on the package -- $212 for surf & stream, and $116 for surf only.  Maybe if I called the Captain's Club I could get the 35% discount.

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

We're Elite + and taking a 7-night Alaska cruise next month.  Celebrity is offering a 10% discount on the package -- $212 for surf & stream, and $116 for surf only.  Maybe if I called the Captain's Club I could get the 35% discount.

Defiantly call CClub.

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

On a couple of recent calls they told me that they will not stack CC discounts with sale prices. Multiple reps on multiple calls

Definitely call if you buy a package to have your CC discount applied

I think you are correct about combining discounts. I remember when we turned select last year I called them to get both discounts and they said no it's one or the other. I do think celebrity is much better than rccl in this respect.  Rccl told me we couldn't use any internet discount via status levels until we got on the ship which is too high anyway. On rccl I always get the deals on cyber Monday and usually do well.