Where to stay in Seattle

bedrick

Hotels are pretty pricey downtown so be prepared.  

I found a nice local place to everything.   Walking distance to pikes market.   Space needle and local restaurants.    I’m a hard rock fan and it’s a few blocks away.   Executive  hotel Pacifica.     

We got a good price in July, 2015 at the Four Points Sheraton near Seattle Center. It was great because we wanted to see some of the things up there (Chihuly, Space Needle, although we didn't want to go up in it, and the EMP museum). And then it was cheap and easy to take the little monorail to get more downtown to see Pike Place and places for dinner.

Hotels in Seattle during the summer are pretty pricey but sometimes you can find a good deal on an Airbnb if that's an option for you.

If not, the Pan Pacific is close to just about everything and they often have slightly cheaper rates than other areas like Lake Union etc. 

Regardless of area - try to find something that is near a Link (light rail) station - that is super cheap to get around the city on. (It doesn't go to Seattle Center which is where the Space Needle, Chihuly etc are, but you can take it to Westlake and grab the monorail there which takes you right to it) 

22 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

Can you take Link or the monorail to the port?

Neither go to the ports which there are two of. It’s about a 20 minute walk from the light rail at Westlake Station to Bell Street Pier 66 which is the closest one along the waterfront downtown. The other is Smith Cove Pier 91 which is several miles from the light rail or monorail.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:54 AM, JRae said:

Check out vacation rentals..I got a great condo right on the water for way less than a hotel...a short walk to pike street market and the ferries

Could you tell me the name of it please and what site it was listed on.  Thanks muchly.

For next month? No offense, but I'm surprised you haven't booked something yet. My advice is to try and book a hotel as soon as possible. 😊

We like The Mediterranean Inn - close to the pier, has a nice rooftop deck, easy to get around by walking or Uber.

https://www.mediterranean-inn.com/en-us

14 hours ago, Langley Cruisers said:

For next month? No offense, but I'm surprised you haven't booked something yet. My advice is to try and book a hotel as soon as possible. 😊

We like The Mediterranean Inn - close to the pier, has a nice rooftop deck, easy to get around by walking or Uber.

https://www.mediterranean-inn.com/en-us

Thanks Langley cruiser.  We only finalized our cruise a few days ago so that is why we are so late booking a hotel .  We weren’t able to book the Mediterranean 

We are three adults so that made booking more of a challenge too but I have managed to book the Staybridge Suites for the 3 nights before our cruise.   It is further out than I would have liked but apparently they have a free shuttle into the city center.

7 hours ago, bedrick said:

...We only finalized our cruise a few days ago so that is why we are so late booking a hotel .  .... but I have managed to book the Staybridge Suites for the 3 nights before our cruise.  

Good, glad to hear it. Have a great time! I hope you are planning to see Chihuly Garden and Glass - it is phenomenal (and next to the Space Needle, where most tourists also plan a visit).

https://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/

We used Hotwire “secret” hotel and got staybridge suites lake union! Super happy with unbelievable price and called them and even got an upgrade at no charge! BreAkfast included. Will let you know how it is after our August cruise. 

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback about Staybridge  I was a bit worried it was not close enough to things.  We got it on Hotwire and don’t know what kind of room we have yet.  Does anyone know how much taxi fare is likely to be to Staybridge from the international airport at about 10.30am on a Friday?

The Edgewater and the Marriott are both by Pier 66.   Very pricey !!

Yes, you can walk to the Space Needle and Market.  Usually people walk to the Market,  then go another 3 blocks to the Monorail Station at Westlake Center to catch a ride to the Seattle Center.  (there's an elevator next to the Marriott that will take you up the hill )

The Seattle Center is a more reasonable area to stay than downtown. And it's easy to get downtown since the monorail is closeby.

https://www.seattlemonorail.com/

The cheapest area is the airport and you can take the Light Rail into town for your sightseeing. $3 for a 40 minute ride.

12 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

The Edgewater and the Marriott are both by Pier 66.   Very pricey !!

Yes, you can walk to the Space Needle and Market.  Usually people walk to the Market,  then go another 3 blocks to the Monorail Station at Westlake Center to catch a ride to the Seattle Center.  (there's an elevator next to the Marriott that will take you up the hill )

The Seattle Center is a more reasonable area to stay than downtown. And it's easy to get downtown since the monorail is closeby.

https://www.seattlemonorail.com/

The cheapest area is the airport and you can take the Light Rail into town for your sightseeing. $3 for a 40 minute ride.

Thank you for the great information! ~S

On 6/17/2019 at 4:08 PM, bedrick said:

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback about Staybridge  I was a bit worried it was not close enough to things.  We got it on Hotwire and don’t know what kind of room we have yet.  Does anyone know how much taxi fare is likely to be to Staybridge from the international airport at about 10.30am on a Friday?

FYI there's a Staybridge in South Lake Union which is walkable to tourist things, and one that's farther north in Fremont. The Fremont one is going to be 3-4 miles away from the Space Needle and Pike Place Market so probably too far to walk for most people but very easy to get an Uber/Lyft or take one of the many buses heading downtown. Or you can hang out in quirky Fremont which I think is more fun than the tourist traps anyway :)

A ride from the airport to either SLU or Fremont will probably run you about $30. If you're hoping to save you can also take the lightrail to downtown and then take a cheaper Lyft or city bus from there. 

3 hours ago, verobay said:

FYI there's a Staybridge in South Lake Union which is walkable to tourist things, and one that's farther north in Fremont. The Fremont one is going to be 3-4 miles away from the Space Needle and Pike Place Market so probably too far to walk for most people but very easy to get an Uber/Lyft or take one of the many buses heading downtown. Or you can hang out in quirky Fremont which I think is more fun than the tourist traps anyway 🙂

A ride from the airport to either SLU or Fremont will probably run you about $30. If you're hoping to save you can also take the lightrail to downtown and then take a cheaper Lyft or city bus from there. 

Thanks for the fantastic really helpful information.  We are staying at the one at Lake Union.  We will probably get a taxi from the airport as we are in out seventies and will have been in airports and planes for 24 hours so will be tired.